San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrate National Plug-In Day at our "Tailgate without Tailpipes" party.

Picnic lunch provided for all. Join CCSE and ECOtality to get the latest information on the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) funding and the latest news on the EV Project's charging stations in the region.

Date: Sunday, October 16, 2011
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Place:California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Ste. 101
Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA 92123

Gather with fellow EV enthusiasts in this unprecedented nationwide observance drawing global attention to the benefits of plug-in electric vehicles! Lunch will be provided picnic-style outdoors during the "Tailgate without Tailpipes" party. Following lunch we will have presentations and include an open discussion and time for questions.
Come to the workshop and learn more about:

• Expected timing for the release of $15 million in FY 2011-2012 CVRP funding and how this affects rebate applicants currently on the CVRP Wait List
• Status update from ECOtality's San Diego Area Manager on EV Project charger installations in the region
• SDG&E's public workshops available for current and potential EV owners

Don't miss the chance to be a part of the largest gathering of electric vehicles in San Diego history!

https://energycenter.org/index.php?option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm/event/info&reset=1&id=647

Organized by the California Center for Sustainable Energy and the San Diego Regional Clean Fuels Coalition.

I just read this info about CCSE Tailgate without Tailpipes Picnic - bummer to have missed it. As JustinC asked, what is the news CVRP funding? Good News I hope? ;)

The news on the rebate front sounded good. They were expecting the $15M funding to be available from CARB the first week of Nov. They displayed a schedule showing they hoped to begin sending out checks on Nov. 14th to the first people on the wait-list who reserved their rebate in June, then each week thereafter cutting checks for the next month's applications--i.e., July application, checks will be issued Nov. 21, August on Nov. 28, etc. They have $4M of the $15M total already committed to the people on the approved wait list (something like 1700 vehicles) and it sounds like all will have their checks by the end of the year. Check http://energycenter.org/index.php/i...an-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status for latest news.

TT

They talk the talk - and they drive the drive! Take a look at these San Diego folk who are working to make the EV revolution real:

Leon Kamins - General Manager of Mossy Nissan. He drives a LEAF.

Andy Hoskinson - Area Manager, ECOtality. (Blink Network and EV Project) He drives a LEAF.

R - SDG&E Clean Transportation Program. He drives a LEAF. [His name hasn't been in the public like the others, so I won't name him unless I know he doesn't mind.]

Mike Ferry - CCSE Transportation Program Manager. He drives a LEAF.

The charging infrastructure build out seems maddeningly slow at times. But doesn't it make you feel a lot better about its eventual success that the people working on it have a personal stake in its success? As Revenge of the Electric Car opens in San Diego, I toast these guys who truly drive the drive.

Thanks, Walter.

I'm Randy from SDG&E, and I don't mind you saying my name. I've posted on other threads to that effect, so thanks for the recognition.

For the record, we have 28 employee PEVs at SDG&E, including 25 LEAFs, 2 Volts, and one conversion...And two of the 28 are VPs...

I'll be at the Nissan Del Mar event tomorrow for a few hours, in case anyone stops by our partner table, and I'll be at the movie premiere tomorrow as well....

Thanks, Randy

Hello all,

I'm Jamie Edmonds aka "KMG365" proud owner of a new 2011 LEAF SL "orphan", which I "rescued" from Pacific Nissan on December 2nd. My wife, Leslie, and I live in the SDSU area. We have a 2.16kWh PV solar system with battery back-up which we put in in 2000 when Enron was raping and pillaging us all. I'm still waiting for my Blink charger to be installed and am also applying for a TOU meter from San Diego Gouge & Extortion as well (to go with the NEM I have for the solar). If any of you are associated with SDSU, I stumbled upon five new L-2 Blink chargers in the SDSU parking lot (55th and Montezuma) last week--sweet!

My wife is the former proprietor of http://www.BMWSportTouring.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and we were Members/Moderators/Admins there for ten years (it started out as Cary's R1100RT Source Pages in the late 1990's, then became http://www.BMWRT.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). The more "radical" off-road moto-types on the later sites disparagingly called our DB Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (or "MRN") since we were all so damn nice to each other all the time. But it became a virtual family and a place with none of the usual juvenile dreck clogging up the bandwidth of so many sites these days. It was full of wonderful people who were passionate about their hobby, quirky, intelligent, helpful, friendly and welcoming to the n00bs. We wore the MRN label as a badge of honor, and though I've just joined and started to wade through all the posts here, I'm getting a good feeling about this place already! ;)

Oh, Leslie named our new car "Ichi" . . . since . . .

. . . Ichi, Ni, San, Shi, Go! :lol:

(sorry, back in my hole)

Thanks to all the pioneers here who have blazed this trail for us! We hope to throw our shoulder into the load with you as much as we can. I'm sorry to miss your next meet up, but I'll definitely try to catch the next one.

Cheers,

Jamie "KMG365"

Yes, the charging site at the SDSU garage has been discovered:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=131563#p131563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come and join us for a San Diego area meeting in Poway:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=155193#p155193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday, Jan 7, 2012, 9am-12pm

Hamburger Factory restaurant
14122 Midland Road
Poway, CA 92064

Phone: 858-486-4575
http://hamburgerfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

9am - 10am: Arrivals and breakfast.

10am - 11am: Guest speakers from Ecotality, EV Oasis, Car2Go, 1st DC charger install (projected) property manager

11am - 12pm: General meeting

Hopefully we'll have a new Quick Charger to celebrate somewhere! If not, I'll be happy to share my notes from the Bay Area Dec 3 meeting with Nissan Engineering.

Anyone notice there's 2 Chargepoint EVSEs at SeaWorld listed now? According to the PINs, they way up front and center, but Google Maps doesn't show any parking spots there - maybe they added "VIP" EV parking up way front?

drees said:
Anyone notice there's 2 Chargepoint EVSEs at SeaWorld listed now? According to the PINs, they way up front and center, but Google Maps doesn't show any parking spots there - maybe they added "VIP" EV parking up way front?
Yes, there are (at least) two there (might have been four, with two on the backside of the pedestals), but we were there the day after Christmas and the lot was packed. They are up by the entrance to the Preferred Parking area and all four were ICEed that day. Unless you're a member with the Preferred Parking option it's $16.00 just to park! :eek:

anyone having problems with there blink charger, my screen went black 3 month ago, i told blink but look like they forgot about me. went i reboot it the screen works but only for a few second then it goes black.

downforceusacom said:
anyone having problems with there blink charger, my screen went black 3 month ago, i told blink but look like they forgot about me. went i reboot it the screen works but only for a few second then it goes black.

There's a whole subforum on Blink:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewforum.php?f=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TonyWilliams said:
downforceusacom said:

There's a whole subforum on Blink:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewforum.php?f=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
More specifically, you should look at the "Blink problems" thread here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3905 Your problem sounds like the same one I experienced and reported on in the last few pages of that thread. It turned out to be a bad SD card and a fried wire in the unit. Once they were replaced, and the unit updated itself to ver. 20 firmware, I have had no other problems. Keep calling Blink support until they get someone out to fix it.

TT

Just returned from a vacation trip to Carlsbad.

I was really surprised to only see four Leaf's and 2-3 Volts during an entire week.

I didn't see any LEAF's on I-5 whatsoever.

Are there many LEAF owners in North County?

GREENEV said:
Just returned from a vacation trip to Carlsbad.

I was really surprised to only see four Leaf's and 2-3 Volts during an entire week.

I didn't see any LEAF's on I-5 whatsoever.

The bulk are probably in the north versus the south. Here in the middle / north, I've seen 3 other LEAFs at a stoplight.

GREENEV said:
I see a few in central San Diego, downtown, etc. Was at the airport checking out the legacy chargers there right by the foot of the overpass foot bridge to Terminal 2. There was a LEAF parked there--not charging, obviously, since one is an Avcon charger and the other is an LPI (both appear to still be hot)--but they have those two front spots reserved with new signage for the white CA Zero Emissions sticker only (EV parking, but not necessarily charging).

My favorite encounter with a fellow LEAF-er was back in January or February pulling up to a stoplight in Hillcrest/North Park area next to a black LEAF. I looked over at the driver to try to make eye contact, revved my motor hard a few times to try to get his attention to challenge him to a drag for pink slips, but he never heard me or even looked over. The light changed and we both just pulled quietly forward and went on our merry way . . . it was most dissatisfying. ;-)

New to Board. Hi San Diego Leafians: Nice to see this group. I am waiting for my reserved 2013. Just 2-3 weeks!!! I work near Sea World and will be driving a Metallic Slate strippie. I expect the sound system to be bad, so has anyone found a car audio shop in town willing to upgrade the speakers? I know there are a hundred posts on how to do it yourself, but I have 10 left thumbs :lol: Anybody else in San Diego reserved a 2013? Take care, Bob

Tony and bobsfreeleaf will be doing a range test today. They need a gidmeter and a 2012 LEAF. Details here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back