CNET Article on Charing EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked this comment.

I am surprised that no one has thought of putting the actual charging hardware in the vehicle itself with a long power cord that can be plugged into ANY electrical outlet nearby. If they did it this way, then the need for a brand new charging infrastructure would be negated and people could charge the vehicles at any highway rest stop that had an outside electrical plug.

ps : illusive503, you should consider adding a few interesting quotes or giving a gist while posting links.

evnow said:
I liked this comment.

I am surprised that no one has thought of putting the actual charging hardware in the vehicle itself with a long power cord that can be plugged into ANY electrical outlet nearby. If they did it this way, then the need for a brand new charging infrastructure would be negated and people could charge the vehicles at any highway rest stop that had an outside electrical plug.
Liked, as in made you laugh? It only made me shake my head at the public ignorance on the subject.

planet4ever said:
Liked, as in made you laugh? It only made me shake my head at the public ignorance on the subject.

Yes - some people just don't get it. Even cnet commenters. Apparently never paid attention in school.

BTW, sometime back there was a commenter (here or some other forum) who thought we could get spare batteries to change out after the main battery runs out. Like you do with a camera.

BTW, the article itself is poor - even though he talked to a lot of people and got quotes. He never understood the subject.

He presents it as if it is home charging vs charging outside. He doesn't understand that outside charging is to mainly increase range. Nor does he ever mention that 60% of households have multiple cars and they could use BEV as one car and keep an ICE for long distance (which apparently gm-volt people don't get either).

Back