E1 vs. e6 vs. e9 if your NOT on solar...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkutter

Been talked about already in context of users who have a solar installation. However, Im wondering if people can speak to their experience moving from E1 to either E6 or e9 when you dont have a solar installation.

Why Im asking - Im using about 342kwh in the summer, 466khw in the winter before getting the leaf. I have only a 110v charger at home, commute 60miles roundtrip, and charge at work (sometimes at work I get a 220v, most of the time just 110). So, there would be times that I would need to charge on the partial peak as well as off peak.

Ive downloaded the rates and attempted some spreadsheets, but just wanted to get someone's experience moving between the two rates.

Lastly, It seems like the difference between e9 and e6 is e9 is more dramatic in price differences between peak, off, and partial, and e6 is a bit more gradual across time periods, but not as cheap in the middle of the night?

tkutter said:
Been talked about already in context of users who have a solar installation. However, Im wondering if people can speak to their experience moving from E1 to either E6 or e9 when you dont have a solar installation.

Why Im asking - Im using about 342kwh in the summer, 466khw in the winter before getting the leaf. I have only a 110v charger at home, commute 60miles roundtrip, and charge at work (sometimes at work I get a 220v, most of the time just 110). So, there would be times that I would need to charge on the partial peak as well as off peak.

Ive downloaded the rates and attempted some spreadsheets, but just wanted to get someone's experience moving between the two rates.

Lastly, It seems like the difference between e9 and e6 is e9 is more dramatic in price differences between peak, off, and partial, and e6 is a bit more gradual across time periods, but not as cheap in the middle of the night?
I can't help you with E-6 without solar, but in terms of E-6 vs. E-9, for me, the big thing was the timing of summer weekday peak: 1-7PM for E-6 vs. 2-9PM for E-9. Waiting the extra 2 hours to go off peak in the evening killed the deal for me. If you can live around the extended peak period of E-9, you can take advantage of the cheaper off-peak.

Back