UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP - donate to the forum and get...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just upgraded to gold but the ads are still appearing... is the upgrade a manual task? If so I am sure the forum masters will get around to upgrading my account in due course ;)

I'm working on getting a 2012 Leaf this week and I really appreciate this forum (and finally donated!). Thanks to those who work to keep this going. It has been valuable to me.

Just testing gold membership and the ability to upload photos. This is the first pic snapped of both LEAFs the day we got the blue LEAF.

Attachments

• RedLeafBlueLeaf2.jpg
    RedLeafBlueLeaf2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 219
LUXMAN said:
Cgaydos

I see you have both cars plugg in. Do you have 2 240 charge points?

LUXMAN

No, we have an Schneider EVLink (you can see it in the background - we used the "forest" skin on it) and use the 120V LEAF EVSE if the other car is charging at the same time (if only one is charging it is on the EVLink). I've been considering the EVSEupgrade so they both can L2 charge at once, but in practice we haven't had that need. Each day both cars see lots of trips, from 6 miles round trip to 58, and we plug in both cars whenever they are at home (with the timers set to 80% on a 24x7 basis - when higher charging is needed we use the timer override buttons). To date we've never had a situation where we wished we'd had two L2 EVSEs.

cgaydos said:
To date we've never had a situation where we wished we'd had two L2 EVSEs.

Thanks. We were just discussing that and came to the conclusion that we prob would never need to charge at the same time and if we did a trickle would prob work for her anyway since she doesnt have a commute per se.

Now if only someone would come up with a Pickup or SUV that is electric or PHEV with a big battery range for her... but dont think a Tesla X is in the cards! :(

TimeHorse said:
LUXMAN said:
Now if only someone would come up with a Pickup or SUV that is electric or PHEV with a big battery range for her... but dont think a Tesla X is in the cards! :(

Would the RAV4 EV work?

Maybe, but they dont sell them in TEXAS. Just a CA compliance car. Nice size battery but too pricy IMO.

Back