Random details of my 2013 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafLeafLeaf

Hello, I switched from 2012 to 2013 Leaf. I'll be posting some pictures of the features that I like compared to the 2012.

IMG_20130522_190213.jpg

First is eco button. It comes in handy to switch between various driving modes (D, B, eco, D-eco, B-eco). It has pretty green backlight too.

Hi, I have a 2013 as Well.

How do you switch between all these drive modes?

I can only switch between Drive with Eco or without Eco

LeafLeafLeaf said:
First is eco button. It comes in handy to switch between various driving modes (D, B, eco, D-eco, B-eco). It has pretty green backlight too.

How does the acceleration feel compared to a 2012? I keep hearing it has slightly less torque. Being used to a 2012, can you tell any difference?

My 2013 S model has plenty of torque, though I can't compare to a previous model's torque "feel".

Also in the 2013 S model there is no "B" drive mode...over and down twice gives you ECO mode (I don't have cruise control installed, so the right silver plastic steering wheel insert is blank for me).

Lastly, I've found that the 12 "dotted arc" indicator at the top of the main display is rarely viewed when driving. this is no different than our 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid electric demand indicator. I find myself looking at the SOC splash screen often. I haven't gotten over range anxiety yet!

adric22 said:
How does the acceleration feel compared to a 2012? I keep hearing it has slightly less torque. Being used to a 2012, can you tell any difference?
I don't find much of a difference - but I mostly drove '11 in Eco (and '13 I drive in B).

Thanks for the info. When I leased my '13 SV in March, I was blissfully unaware of the changes Nissan made from the 2012 model, and assumed I was just getting a Leaf that was the same as all Leafs. I am encouraged that Nissan seems to take Leaf seriously, not just as a profit center, but they really want to make it a better car. Wife loves the steering wheel but does not love the seats. She does not know (nor does she care to know) about "D", "B", "Eco", or the various range metrics. Before she goes anywhere she asks me "Can I get there and back home okay?" It would be nice if the Guess-O-Meter was somewhat accurate! Maybe next year...

adric22 said:

I can feel lesser torque compared to the 2012 on steep hills, otherwise, acceleration feel is pretty similar. Motor sound different.

LeafLeafLeaf said:
adric22 said:

I can feel lesser torque compared to the 2012 on steep hills, otherwise, acceleration feel is pretty similar. Motor sound different.

I too notice the motor sounds different. Less of a high pitched whine in my opinion. A subtle improvement.

Back