GregH
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 26967
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Looking forward to trying the Thousand Oaks DCQC!

But back on topic.. Just over 8000 miles. First few months mostly 5 Temp bars (less than 25C) but now it's a struggle to keep it under 25.. Probably averaging 27-28C these days.
'17 blue Volt Premier w/ACC
'12 SL black Leaf
'11 SL blue Leaf
RAV4-EV 2002-2005
Gen1 & Gen2 EV1 1997-2003
PV 2.4Kw, 10kWh lithium battery SCE TOU-DA

ELROY
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 023406
Location: Camarillo, CA

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Stanton wrote:No offense, but what does posting this giant picture of a Blink charger have to do with recording "battery degradation data"? It makes it difficult to track results in this thread. :x


Because there aren't many L3 chargers around here. And we need to see the effect on battery degradation the L3 has on the LEAF. So whoever does it hopefully will be paying close attention to their battery capacity. As if the batteries don't degrade fast enough without L3. This Blink is installed and ready to go, but still has to initialized by the company. At that time it will appear on the Blink map.

User avatar
vrwl
Forum Supporter
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 8597
Location: Northeastern PA/Poconos

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Current Leaf Battery App values are in my signature
Vicki
2011 Silver SL-Mfg 8/11-Purch 6/12
34000 miles

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Assuming the figures presented in the LEAF Battery app are constants no matter the level of charge, I'm showing 54.07AHr and 81.61% CAP @ 30,455 miles on a LEAF that is 29.75 months old.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 77,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
Boomer23
Posts: 3545
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall having read on the forum the theory that recent declines in AH that people have been seeing are likely due to the BMS adjusting to seasonal variation and/or ambient temperature change, rather than actual pack degradation. If that is so, I'd hate to have people unnecessarily concerned that their packs were in rapid decline as we get further into summer.
2014 BMW i3 with Range Extender
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier Kinetic Blue
Blog: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ELROY
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 023406
Location: Camarillo, CA

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Boomer23 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall having read on the forum the theory that recent declines in AH that people have been seeing are likely due to the BMS adjusting to seasonal variation and/or ambient temperature change, rather than actual pack degradation. If that is so, I'd hate to have people unnecessarily concerned that their packs were in rapid decline as we get further into summer.


Even with similar batt temps, some of us are seeing degradation every week. But who knows how the BMS is reacting, and perhaps it is with delayed response.

User avatar
vrwl
Forum Supporter
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 8597
Location: Northeastern PA/Poconos

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 am

Boomer23 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall having read on the forum the theory that recent declines in AH that people have been seeing are likely due to the BMS adjusting to seasonal variation and/or ambient temperature change, rather than actual pack degradation. If that is so, I'd hate to have people unnecessarily concerned that their packs were in rapid decline as we get further into summer.


Isn't that what the P3227 update is supposed to be addressing?
Vicki
2011 Silver SL-Mfg 8/11-Purch 6/12
34000 miles

User avatar
TomT
Posts: 10611
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360
Location: California, now Georgia
Contact: Website

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:29 am

I was one of the first to get the update and my results over the last two weeks would seem to indicate that such is not the case...

vrwl wrote:Isn't that what the P3227 update is supposed to be addressing?
59,991 miles/12 bars/289 Gids/68.54 AHr/101% SOH/101.64% Hx 7May15 w/ new Lizard (barely made the warranty).
71,770 miles/12 bars/256 Gids/59.04 AHr/88% SOH/87.92% Hx 3Mar16 at lease return.

Now driving a 2016 Volt Premier.

GregH
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 26967
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 am

vrwl wrote:Current Leaf Battery App values are in my signature
[Mfg 8/2011][Purch 6/26/2012][6800 miles][12 Bars, 85.7% CAP, AHr 56.75 ][4.5/kWh][80% L1]

Sorry for being repetitive.. but the CAP = Ah / 66.25 unless you change the 66.25 constant inside the ELM app.. So either
A: you're using the default 66.25 in which case mentioning the CAP number is completely redundant.
or
B: you've changed the 66.25 number in your settings so your CAP has no correlation with anyone else and thus is pointless (for comparing to others).

Also, I agree with Phil.. we probably shouldn't get too freaked out until we can see a trend through a few seasons. I do find it interesting to speculate what causes these small daily fluctuations though..
Last edited by GregH on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
'17 blue Volt Premier w/ACC
'12 SL black Leaf
'11 SL blue Leaf
RAV4-EV 2002-2005
Gen1 & Gen2 EV1 1997-2003
PV 2.4Kw, 10kWh lithium battery SCE TOU-DA

User avatar
vrwl
Forum Supporter
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 8597
Location: Northeastern PA/Poconos

Re: POST YOUR BATTERY DEGRADATION RESULTS

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:56 am

GregH wrote:
vrwl wrote:Current Leaf Battery App values are in my signature
[Mfg 8/2011][Purch 6/26/2012][6800 miles][12 Bars, 85.7% CAP, AHr 56.75 ][4.5/kWh][80% L1]

Sorry for being repetitive.. but the CAP = Ah / 66.25 unless you change the 66.25 constant inside the ELM app.. So either
A: you're using the default 66.25 in which case mentioning the CAP number is completely redundant.
or
B: you've changed the 66.25 number in your settings so your CAP has no correlation with anyone else and thus is pointless (for comparing to others).

Also, I agree with Phil.. we probably shouldn't get too freaked out until we can see a trend through a few seasons. I do find it interesting to speculate was causes these small daily fluctuations though..



A. It's redundant, but I still type it in my signature because that's what's displayed on the screen.
Vicki
2011 Silver SL-Mfg 8/11-Purch 6/12
34000 miles

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”