Post pictures of your home charging setup

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
khoover said:
Here's ours (a Schnieder EVLink). When we got ours, it included a coupon good for a free decal of our choice - just select an image from their collection or upload one of your own. It came out pretty well!

Bonus points if you recognize the character.

Weird, the changing handle on your EVLink looks totally different from mine (posted earlier in the thread). Did you swap it or something?

My Leviton 40A Charger was $1099 with free shipping from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-EVB40-PST-9-6KW-Charging-Station/dp/B00DG147DQ/ref=dp_ob_title_hi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 60 feet of 6/2 wire was $80: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire-125-ft-6-2-NM-B-Wire-28894402/202316592#.UddrKRaauZc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Leviton mounting kit was $85: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-EVK05-M-Installation-EVB32-8ML-EVB32-5ML/dp/B007Q12X6U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 50A 2 pole Breaker was $15: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-by-Schneider-Electric-QO-50-Amp-Two-Pole-Circuit-Breaker-QO250CP/100067584#.UddsUxaauZc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Total cost around $1300.00

Here are some pics of the Leviton I bought and my installation:

LasareathLeaf13_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf14_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf14a_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf15_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf20a_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf20_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf21_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf22_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf22a_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf23_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf24_sm.jpg

LasareathLeaf25_sm.jpg

Thanks,

Lasareath

What is that rectangular white box with the yellow hose coming out the bottom?, Is it a tankless water heater?

It looks very small, How many gallons per minute can it produce?, when my HW heater goes I'm putting one in next.

TomT said:
That it is. The yellow thing is the gas line.

Lasareath said:
What is that rectangular white box with the yellow hose coming out the bottom?, Is it a tankless water heater?

Lasareath said:
It looks very small, How many gallons per minute can it produce?, when my HW heater goes I'm putting one in next.
Be sure the guy who puts yours in knows what he's doing. The guy who put the one into my old house didn't, and it was taking three minutes to get hot water in my master bath. We had to add a circulating pump with button remotes at all the sinks so we could push the button and heat up the hot water loop before we used hot water. Saved a bundle on my gas bill, though.

davewill said:
Lasareath said:
Be sure the guy who puts yours in knows what he's doing. The guy who put the one into my old house didn't, and it was taking three minutes to get hot water in my master bath. We had to add a circulating pump with button remotes at all the sinks so we could push the button and heat up the hot water loop before we used hot water. Saved a bundle on my gas bill, though.
My home builder gave us some buttons for the pump. Then I found you can have motion sensors instead. No worries, just hot water.

Here's mine. A Bosch Power Max 30A Level 2 EVSE with the 18' cord.

I would have preferred it being mounted in the Garage but that space is my wood working shop.

Mike R

acegreatone said:
this is what i need!!! where did you get it? how much? what is it called/what do i search? " portable evse level 2 charger?

Yup - Its a esve upgraded charged..had an electrician install a 240v outlet in my garage. Used some hooks from a home depot type store and hooked the pack on the wall, found a hose wreel thing for the cord...cost me about $10 for the parts to hang it on the way..and about $500 for the install on the outlet.

I had mine installed just inside the garage. The Leaf is normally parked outside of our one-car garage, but this allows us (or future owners of the house) to charge an EV in the garage or in the driveway. I have two thin pieces of wood I keep under my garage door separated with a one-inch gap for the EVSE cable to pass through when the door is down.

8gMnu3jl.jpg

That's what that small black module is to the right center of the picture: The reirc pump and wireless receiver. We have a button in each bathroom and the kitchen. It depends to a great deal on how your house is plumbed though. Ours was such that it was a problem with the gas heater too...

davewill said:

Here is my AV EVSE installation. I and several others wrote a complete L2 EVSE installation guide based on their specific configuration in another thread, search "EVSE".

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 83
Finally got everything arranged how I wanted today. Had the Schneider installed right next to the panel, ran the cable up behind the shelving we have in the garage, and just today put a couple of bike hooks in the ceiling to clear a path to walk when the car is charging. I'm pretty happy with the results.

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

Back