IL Rebate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

Has anyone received the supposed up to $4,000 rebate from The State of IL yet?

( I was told, or I read it on the State's web site, that the State issues rebates in June and December. Having bought my Leaf in early March, ( I filed for the rebate a day later,) no rebate check has been received...

greengate said:

( I was told, or I read it on the State's web site, that the State issues rebates in June and December. Having bought my Leaf in early March, ( I filed for the rebate a day later,) no rebate check has been received...

From:http://www.illinoisgreenfleets.org/fuels/vehicle_info.html

Timing of Vehicle Rebate Issuances

The Illinois EPA processes Vehicle Rebate applications twice per year. Applications that are postmarked February 1 – June 30 will be processed starting July 1. Applications postmarked July 1 – January 31 will be processed starting February 1. Please note that, due to the significant number of applications we receive and the need to request additional information from some applicants, it may take up to five months after the processing starting date to complete the review and rebate issuances for all eligible applications. In addition, the timing of rebate issuances is dependent on funding availability in the Alternate Fuels Fund.

Skyffej said:
greengate said:

From:http://www.illinoisgreenfleets.org/fuels/vehicle_info.html

Timing of Vehicle Rebate Issuances

The Illinois EPA processes Vehicle Rebate applications twice per year. Applications that are postmarked February 1 – June 30 will be processed starting July 1. Applications postmarked July 1 – January 31 will be processed starting February 1. Please note that, due to the significant number of applications we receive and the need to request additional information from some applicants, it may take up to five months after the processing starting date to complete the review and rebate issuances for all eligible applications. In addition, the timing of rebate issuances is dependent on funding availability in the Alternate Fuels Fund.

In addition -- it's 10% of MSRP up to $4,000; on a '12 SL we got a check for $3,725 as the MSRP was $37,250 a Tesla S buyer would have received the full $4,000 (only if the bought it, leasing are ineligible) as their MSRP exceeds the 10% of MSRP limit. The other good news is that it's simply a cash rebate and doesn't affect your IL or Federal Taxes; state does indeed take its time on these, if they have a problem with your application for the rebate you should hear from them otherwise it's in their queue.

Bought our EV in December 2012 and submitted the application before the 1/31 deadline and still haven't received a check. I called about 2 months ago and they said it should be coming in about 2 months. About to call them again.
Anyway, my point is don't hold your breath because they haven't finished processing the batch before your batch yet. With luck you'll get it before holiday shopping time!

Yes!

Check came in the mail, 8-27. I applied in March, but didn't cross all of the "T" and I may have missed a few "dots," so it may have been delayed. Received 10% of what I paid for the car, not including fees and taxes.

(If the car lists for $35,820 and that's what you paid for it, you will get a check for $3,582.)

Since there are only 19 states that offer rebates for owning an EV, I am proud to say that I live in one of those forward thinking states!!

freshleaf said:
Does it apply on a Lease LEAF too or one has to BUY it...

If you lease it, the rebate goes to Nissan.

Only to you if you buy it.

(Good idea to check with the state to see if the rebate is still offered or when it will end.)

Back