Canada : 2013 availability and price

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my understanding too. I asked 2 different dealerships and they both said SV has a rear-view camera. I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my Leaf.

Any 2013 SV owners in Canada?

Berlino said:
aibo said:
Does 2013 SV have rear view camera or no camera at all (SL has the all around view camera)?

The SL sold in Canada has the All-Around camera, because the Canadian SL comes with what is the "premium" option in the USA comprising the Bose stereo and All-Around view.

The MY13 SV doesn't have a rear-view camera. In the USA, you could get it by adding the premium package as an option, but that choice is not offered in Canada.

aibo said:
That's my understanding too. I asked 2 different dealerships and they both said SV has a rear-view camera. I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my Leaf.

I know someone who has a MY13 SV in Canada and they were disappointed when it didn't come with a rear-view camera. Like the dealers, they were expecting one because it came with the MY12 SV.

Berlino,

You are right. Nissan does not even offer it as an option in Canada. It's SL or no monitor at all.

Berlino said:
aibo said:

I know someone who has a MY13 SV in Canada and they were disappointed when it didn't come with a rear-view camera. Like the dealers, they were expecting one because it came with the MY12 SV.

I spoke this morning with Peter at Campus Nissan in Victoria asking him about new Leaf delivery. They presently have 3 Leafs imported from the US for sale, but Peter thought a new one could take as long as 3 months to arrive. He believes all US production is slated for American dealers.

MY14 supply is supposed to be better. First of all, no five-month delay after the US release. Deliveries are slated to start in January, shortly after the late December debut in the USA.

Going forward, supply in my local area will depend a lot on a speech today. The Premier of Quebec, Pauline Marois, is revealing her new plan to electrify the transport system. There is conjecture that she will announce her province joining the CARB-ZEV states, or enacting its own version of CARB-ZEV.

I picked up my 2014 SV this week that was ordered back in November. It comes with rear view camera. I think the 2013 SV also came with rear view in Canada.

My dealer got a couple of 2014's along with mine. I believe he said one was an s Model.

kaikara said:
I picked up my 2014 SV this week that was ordered back in November. It comes with rear view camera. I think the 2013 SV also came with rear view in Canada.

My dealer got a couple of 2014's along with mine. I believe he said one was an s Model.

Where are you?

OldBillygoat said:
kaikara said:

Where are you?

Picked up from Oakville Nissan in Ontario.

I asked about the 2013 model in December, was told it wasn't available anymore, put a deposit on the 2014 model stipulating I'll only take one provided the BC rebate is still available (due to expire end of March I think). Got a call from the dealer few weeks later that they found a 2013 model and in the color I wanted and that I could pick it up anytime. Picked up the SV in Blue Ocean - gorgeous color (I was a bit worried since I chose it based on photos only) on Jan 5th. Got a small discount from the dealer since I was technically buying the 'last year's model'. Put almost 1000 kms on it so far and I absolutely LOVE IT! What a wonderful car. Great handling, I love the preheat option in the winter, more options than I understand what to do with...

Decided not to install a charging station at home, I just plug it into regular outlet on the side of our house. Car easily trickle-charges overnight. I have also used a number of many Level 2 chargers in Burnaby, Vancouver & Richmond for a quick top up (I calculated it gives me about 5.5 km top-up every 10 minutes not accounting for heating). Fast charging station is coming this year I think.

Apparently there are less than 700 ev's registered in BC at the moment, sharing almost 350 charging stations which BC Hydro pushed for. A great province to jump onto the ev wagon. I am surprised more people don't want to get one here.

Click on "User Control Panel" (upper right of the screen, next to "RSS Feed") then click on "Profile" (left side of screen).

Back