How to change the temp unit on the AC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbox409

The leaf I got came with the temp set in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit on the AC unit (not the instrument panel). It's not a big deal, but I was amazed that even the Nissan technician didn't know how to set it back to Fahrenheit when asked. I tried using the setting on the left of the steering wheel, but that only changes the unit on the instrument panel, not the one on the AC unit. I just wonder if anyone here knows how to do this? :?:

Thanks for the logic test, :twisted:
  • Since you can change the unit on the instrument panel, you must have a 2013.
  • Since you refer to the "A/C Unit" I'm going to assume you don't have the navigation screen, and therefore have an S model.
It sure would be nice if you told us model and year in your signature, so we didn't have to guess.
[See, from my signature below you can tell immediately that I have a 2013 S model with the charge package.]

• If I've guessed right, I don't know any way to set the units on the S model Climate Control display, though there may be some "easter egg" to do it. I would have thought that the instrument panel setting would have handled it, but I haven't played with it.
  • If I've guessed wrong, and you do have a navigation unit, you need to push the MENU button to the right of the screen, then select Settings -> Other -> Language & Units -> Select Units -> Metric.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Thanks for the logic test, :twisted:
  • Since you can change the unit on the instrument panel, you must have a 2013.
  • Since you refer to the "A/C Unit" I'm going to assume you don't have the navigation screen, and therefore have an S model.
It sure would be nice if you told us model and year in your signature, so we didn't have to guess.
[See, from my signature below you can tell immediately that I have a 2013 S model with the charge package.]

• If I've guessed right, I don't know any way to set the units on the S model Climate Control display, though there may be some "easter egg" to do it. I would have thought that the instrument panel setting would have handled it, but I haven't played with it.
  • If I've guessed wrong, and you do have a navigation unit, you need to push the MENU button to the right of the screen, then select Settings -> Other -> Language & Units -> Select Units -> Metric.

Ray

You are absolutely correct! Sorry that I did not include the information needed. I have a 2013 S model with QC package. :oops:

Hello,
I have this problem "in reverse", my car is Leaf 2014 S (American) without navigation,
but I live in Europe, so I want change temperature from fahrenheit to celsius on this device:

climate.png

Can You confirm that You have same type of climate control with celsius?
Have you resolve Your problem?
Can You share experience?

Local Nissan dealer (like and call center in USA) can't help with this, they think that it is impossible :)

Thanks!

Hi,

I just bought a US Leaf and have the same problem! Did you ever find out how to change it?
It's a 2014 model S with the same A/C.

Thanks, Bart

It can be done via changing hardware chip (which is different in different region).
It costs about $100 in our local Ukrainian electrocars services https://rikauto.com.ua/ua/accessories/484 (in Ukrainian, use Google translate)
Similar solution used to change FM radio tuning step (in US Leaf it is only even frequency values).

Back