Maintenance Tire warning.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpm3710

I had noticed when starting up my Leaf I get a "Maintenance Tire" with a wheel icon display warning. I never noticed it before. But then I got a update when I took my Leaf in last month and was wondering if that is part of the update and it is just a system check light when starting up? It doesn't stay on and that is why I thought it is just a check light. Would anyone know of this? Or is this a legitimate warning and it means my tire pressure is low or something of that nature? I checked my revised manual and I found nothing about the "Maintenance Tire" light.

smkettner said:
S/B easy to find and turn off.
Yeah, right. Easy, once you figure out that:
  • It has nothing to do with either set of settings that you can manage from the center console.
  • It's not covered in the navigation manual, where all that stuff is.
  • It's buried in the owners manual under that techno-speak heading "Dot Matrix Liquid Crystal Display".
  • Inside that it's under "Trip Computer", though what it has to do with trip computing I can't fathom.

Ray

it is set with two of the quad buttons on the lefthand side of the console. to the left of the steering wheel.
it is the setting with the options just before the % charge to full or 80%

I did turn it off (i.e. the mileage selection is blank) and I still get the "tire maintenance required" warning. 2013 SV with 8000 miles; tires were rotated and balanced at dealer at 7500 miles.

There is one in the dash info display that is controlled by the buttons to the left of the wheel and one in the center console controlled from the menu there... At least that is the way it is on my 2011.

alcalira said:
I did turn it off (i.e. the mileage selection is blank) and I still get the "tire maintenance required" warning. 2013 SV with 8000 miles; tires were rotated and balanced at dealer at 7500 miles.

TomT said:
There is one in the dish info display that is controlled by the buttons to the left of the wheel and one in the center console controlled from the menu there... At least that is the way it is on my 2011.

alcalira said:

I'll check that. I haven't looked at the menu for the center display--just the "maintenance" settings using the 4 buttons. Thanks!

The one that's causing you the problem is in the CENTER CONSOLE under "maintenance". You can adjust the mileage intervals and even turn them off (which might be easier).

Probably for the same reason it has two clocks that are not synced to each other (at least prior to the 2013)...

alcalira said:
That did it! Problem solved! (Why does the car have TWO places that can provide tire maintenance reminders?)

mpm3710 said:
I had noticed when starting up my Leaf I get a "Maintenance Tire" with a wheel icon display warning. I never noticed it before. But then I got a update when I took my Leaf in last month and was wondering if that is part of the update and it is just a system check light when starting up? It doesn't stay on and that is why I thought it is just a check light. Would anyone know of this? Or is this a legitimate warning and it means my tire pressure is low or something of that nature? I checked my revised manual and I found nothing about the "Maintenance Tire" light.

Could it be the TPMS monitoring system? If so inflate your tire to at least 30psig and see if the warning lite goes out.
And of course there is also the possibility that the sensor has lost its signal and have to be generated again by a dealer, tire or Nissan. There are 4 suppliers so only your Nissan dealer is likely to have the right one(s_.

Just got this warning on my way home yesterday as the car turned 5,000 miles. My question:

If the manual says that tires do not have to be rotated until 7500 miles, yet you can program the interval at which the car reminds you to do this, why isn't it programmed to 7500 miles?

Is it just me and my distrust of dealerships or is it possible that they went in and set it for 5000 miles so that they could get me in the service shop sooner/more often?

<thumbs down>

I have the same problem and the car has 18k on it. Maybe the tires have not been rotated? I also have two clocks that are not synced to one another--the one above the steering wheel is correct, the one on the display where music, etc. is, is a couple hours off. What do we do? I'm going to tell the dealer and check when the last tire rotation was.

kentklineman2014 said:
I have the same problem and the car has 18k on it. Maybe the tires have not been rotated? I also have two clocks that are not synced to one another--the one above the steering wheel is correct, the one on the display where music, etc. is, is a couple hours off. What do we do? I'm going to tell the dealer and check when the last tire rotation was.
Which trim level do you have?

On all trims, there's a dummy maintenance reminder that you can set that's on the small b&w display in the dash. You can set it to whatever mileage interval you want (of the choices and intervals it gives) or disable it and reset it whenever you want.

For SV and SL, on the nav system, there is yet another set that is linked to the above.

The car has no idea whether you rotated the tires or not. There's no reason to visit the dealer over these reminders.

As for clock sync, on SV and SL, I don't think what you describe is possible. The nav system clock and eyebrow clock IIRC can't get out of sync on '13+ SV and SL. I can't speak to S trim.

tiggen said:
Just got this warning on my way home yesterday as the car turned 5,000 miles. My question:

If the manual says that tires do not have to be rotated until 7500 miles, yet you can program the interval at which the car reminds you to do this, why isn't it programmed to 7500 miles?

Is it just me and my distrust of dealerships or is it possible that they went in and set it for 5000 miles so that they could get me in the service shop sooner/more often?

<thumbs down>
Who knows? Anyone can set it to whatever they want.

I have almost 17,000 on my 2015 Leaf. I never had a problem until i took my car to a Nissan dealer for my yearly battery check. Now my maintenance tire warning light comes on every time the car is started. I think the way I will solve the problem is to trade my car in on a Chevy Volt or a Bolt . When I first bought my Leaf the Nissan dealer located less than 2 miles from me they had 2 Leaf Techs now they have "NONE". I now have to drive over 45 miles (one way) to have my car serviced. I barley make it back home even when they give me a 80% charge. This is why a Chevy Volt or Chevy Bolt is looking better every mile I drive my Leaf.

carbuff said:
I have almost 17,000 on my 2015 Leaf. I never had a problem until i took my car to a Nissan dealer for my yearly battery check. Now my maintenance tire warning light comes on every time the car is started. I think the way I will solve the problem is to trade my car in on a Chevy Volt or a Bolt .
You can easily reset the dummy reminder, change the interval or disable it. If it's the dash display, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS3vL0fLVpc.

If you have nav and it's coming up on the nav system, press Menu then Info then Maintenance to adjust, reset, etc. See page 6-3 of your nav manual.
carbuff said:
I now have to drive over 45 miles (one way) to have my car serviced. I barley make it back home even when they give me a 80% charge. This is why a Chevy Volt or Chevy Bolt is looking better every mile I drive my Leaf.
Charge it to 100%. Use Plugshare to find stations along the way.

Good morning. I recently changed tires and the TPMS is on. But the tire pressure is full. How do I reset or turn off TPMS? Thank you.

If you got a TPMS light on you don't want to disable it.
You may have a dead or dieing TPMS sensor.
Or the TPMS may just need to be reset with a TPMS diagnostic tool. Most tire shops have them.

Back