(Un)Official Mitsubishi (Cypress, CA) L3 Scheduling Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahagge said:
coolfilmaker said:
This station is such a f__king mess.
Of course, it's not the station that's messed up, it's the yahoos using it incorrectly. I for one greatly appreciate that the station exists and has been operational every time I've needed it (not to mention that the electrons are free). Hopefully the "numbskulls" will migrate elsewhere as time goes on. And thank God the Volt and Prius plug-in can't use CHAdeMO, otherwise, it would be overrun by yahoos.

What's going to happen is sane people like us are going to get cars with adequate ranges and then all of the assholes who tend to congregate here will be stuck with each other. They will still keep coming for free electricity when cars have 100 kwh batteries and are twice as efficient.

Mitsubishi is sending out word that the parking lot where the Chademo is located will be closed for resurfacing this weekend and all the chargers will be offline, 4/6 Sat and 4/7 Sun. Their heads up is much appreciated.

LeafyD said:
Mitsubishi is sending out word that the parking lot where the Chademo is located will be closed for resurfacing this weekend and all the chargers will be offline, 4/6 Sat and 4/7 Sun. Their heads up is much appreciated.

Is it wrong of me to hope the offending Volt owner doesn't get word and ends up with an asphalt paint job?

The kind of crap that is going on in Cyprus is the same which has caused the LADWP to yank after-hours and weekend charging at their facility (see the thread elsewhere here)... Ticket and tow the abusers!

mwalsh said:
Is it wrong of me to hope the offending Volt owner doesn't get word and ends up with an asphalt paint job?

I feel like there must be some law that if you leave your property on someone else's property they can claim it as theirs.

I've just thought of a brilliant plan - remove the 120v outlets entirely; make the L2 a (very high $ per hour) Chargepoint network station; and keep the DCQC free and available. :D That should move Ms. Volt on to what she considers greener pastures.

I spoke w/ one of the employees just a couple days ago. He said Mitsu had leased out all those iMiev's to employees and so users can expect the charging lot stalls to be a bit more crowded. What's really unbelievable (despite the abuse by SOME), is that Mitsu security really keeps on their own employees to move the employee leasedEV's out of the charge stalls, to keep them available for 'others'. I am humbled by their graciousness.

Mitsubishi posted that the charging stations will be closed to the public from 5pm Wednesday, July 10th until 7am Monday, July 15th. Some kind of event being held there.

Just read that Mitsubishi leased a lot of space in Huntington Beach:

"Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America has leased 167,778 square feet of industrial space in Huntington Beach for its regional headquarters.

The deal will allow Mitsubishi to consolidate three existing Southern California facilities under one roof at 5800 Skylab Road, real state brokerage JLL said."

Sounds like Cypress HQ and the DCQ and other charge stations may be going away. Wonder what their new location charging station plans are?

richard said:

"Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America has leased 167,778 square feet of industrial space in Huntington Beach for its regional headquarters.

The deal will allow Mitsubishi to consolidate three existing Southern California facilities under one roof at 5800 Skylab Road, real state brokerage JLL said."

Sounds like Cypress HQ and the DCQ and other charge stations may be going away. Wonder what their new location charging station plans are?

That's the only way they could stop the Volt parasite. :lol:

richard said:

As I understand it, Mitsubishi Motors North America and Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America are two separate business entities and therefore the chargers should not be going anywhere anytime soon. Having said that, there is a MAJOR charging policy change coming up according to notices posted at the charging stand very recently. Effective May 1st, non-employee usage of all the chargers will be restricted to before and after office hours of 7 am to 6 pm weekdays but will still be available all hours on the weekends. Considering the proliferation of quick chargers in the last year, this is a perfectly understandable move on Mitsubishi's part while still generously offering quick charging that is often needed and not readily accessible at Nissan dealerships, namely after hours. Kudos, Mitsubishi!

Attachments

• mb notice.JPG
    mb notice.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 86
JeremyW said:
Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to find charging there during the work day currently. Smart move on their part.
I wish that they would take it as a hint to install more stations (and charge the public to use them!).

I show like 6 other quick charging stations within 10 miles (http://www.plugshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Most are the EvGo which are expensive, but seems like a better option than getting towed IMO.

-Matt

Back