Leaf Log Viewer Website for Leaf Spy Users

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In databases, date-time is usually stored as the number of seconds past the
beginning of 1970, rather than a text string. Then, that date-time data is
displayed according to the local or requested text format.

wondering if there is anyway to group the trips by charging events or daily? or simply ways to manually combine separate trips together?

Yeah I have suggested to turbo3 using epoch time as a more universal timecode. It removes any ambiguity.

I plan on making the "trips" more flexible at some point in the future. Right now it just checks for a gap in time of more than 20 minutes. So for 2 log points more than 20 minutes apart it assumes this is a new "trip".

kevinleaf said:
Yeah I have suggested to turbo3 using epoch time as a more universal timecode. It removes any ambiguity.

I plan on making the "trips" more flexible at some point in the future. Right now it just checks for a gap in time of more than 20 minutes. So for 2 log points more than 20 minutes apart it assumes this is a new "trip".
Adding Unix epoch time in column EE. Column ED is the android device battery level (0-100).

Thanks!
in what version of the code are you adding this? I have 0.29.20 and I don't see the change.

tried to view latest file upload and its listed in options for selecting trips but not populating any data so i tried viewing previous uploads that worked fine before and they are showing nothing either?

Was just testing the viewer with a log using the latest Leaf Spy Pro test version 0.29.21 which supports background logging.

I started up Leaf Spy Pro on the phone then put the phone to sleep and put it in the glove box just before my wife went out this morning.

When she got back I thought I would edit the csv file so it would just have today's trips. Big mistake. I used excel to read the file in then deleted the earlier entries then resaved as csv. When I uploaded it to Leaflogger the samples were only every minute not the every 3 seconds that were in the original log. Problem was that default excel date/time only shows minutes not down to seconds so when it wrote the file out again it stripped off the seconds information.

I ended up just using a text editor to modify the csv file and delete the earlier entries. However, when I re-uploaded to Leaflogger it made no difference. The new data would not replace the old bad data. I had to go in and change the date to make it finally display the data with full resolution.

We really need a way to delete bad uploads or the app should not try to filter and keep old data if the new data is different.

Thanks for doing that test Jim. That is a good reason for allowing deletion of trips. I need to add a lot of trip-related features and the ability to treat trips as a thing onto their own, which will allow things like deleting, naming trips, tagging trips (like "To Work", "From Work" to make it easier to show all trips of a certain type together) and sharing trips. Coming soon!

For now let me know if you have a bad upload that I need to remove from the database. It takes me just a few minutes to do this deletion manually.

kevinleaf said:
Thanks for doing that test Jim. That is a good reason for allowing deletion of trips. I need to add a lot of trip-related features and the ability to treat trips as a thing onto their own, which will allow things like deleting, naming trips, tagging trips (like "To Work", "From Work" to make it easier to show all trips of a certain type together) and sharing trips. Coming soon!

For now let me know if you have a bad upload that I need to remove from the database. It takes me just a few minutes to do this deletion manually.
The bad uploads are the 3/25/2014 ones. I re-dated them to 3/26/2014 (tomorrow) to get the new good ones in.

Much more consistent logging with the new version!
LeafLogger%20Screen%20Shot%20Consistent%20Logging.png

In the past every time I'd futz with my phone to make calls or use the navigation there would be drop-outs.

i cant upload any new files. what am i doing wrong? its says "upload complete. files received 2000 something, errors 2000 something, files processed zero"

There were a bunch of stray commas at the end of each line that was screwing my system up. I stripped them from Dave's file and it worked fine.

I think there is a problem with the 29.17 version of Leaf Logger Pro that causes it to act funny for the 2013 models. He has since fixed this and the next release will work better.

Please do let me know if there are any problems and I'll take care of them as soon as I can. It is hard to keep up with the pace of development on Leaf Spy Pro!

I am going to propose we go to a different file format for the logs. Over 100 fields wide on a CSV is a little hard to manage. I'll discuss with Jim.

kevinleaf said:
There were a bunch of stray commas at the end of each line that was screwing my system up. I stripped them from Dave's file and it worked fine.

I think there is a problem with the 29.17 version of Leaf Logger Pro that causes it to act funny for the 2013 models. He has since fixed this and the next release will work better.

Please do let me know if there are any problems and I'll take care of them as soon as I can. It is hard to keep up with the pace of development on Leaf Spy Pro!

I am going to propose we go to a different file format for the logs. Over 100 fields wide on a CSV is a little hard to manage. I'll discuss with Jim.

thanks for the quick reply and help. all is good now

All those extra commas where put into Leaf Spy specifically for the Website viewer. They serve no other purpose and make adding new fields more complicated for me.

The extra commas make the number of fields that Website viewer sees a constant. Any new fields I add go in between those extra commas. They are placeholder for Kevin's website viewer. They should make it easier for Keven's code as there is always a fixed number of fields that are read into his program.

So I don't understand why there should be a problem. I can certainly take them out and make my life much easier.

Seems we didn't sync well on our logic. My program should deal with the number of fields present and will just use whatever is there. If you want to get rid of the trailing commas that is fine.

I fix a couple of things in the log viewer that should handle "none" values for sensors not present (coming in a new release of Leaf Spy Pro).

Also: we figured out the system does not deal with logs from multiple VIN's coming thru in a single account. If there are overlapping time periods from different cars the system gets confused. It probably doesn't affect anyone except for power users and testers but I am working on a fix for this.

Ok, I will drop all those extra commas on the next versions of the app.

The change to "none" for the third sensor that is not there on 2012/2014 model year Leafs is already out. In a few days the majority of people should have updated to it.

Since you have a 2013/2014 Leaf if you upgrade to the latest version of Leaf Spy Pro you should be able to verify if the fix works.

I would verify it myself but I would further mess up my trips as they overlap with my trip dates/times. I have a 2011 so all my test traces come from people with the newer Leafs.

Or perhaps someone with a 2013/2014 Leaf and the latest versions of Leaf Spy/Pro can try it and comment if it works.

I made a YouTube video briefly showing Leaf Spy Pro and LeafLogger.com. Excuse the amateur quality (I am an amateur). It gets the point across:

http://youtu.be/T0Fq_BXTqy0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you would like a login to LeafLogger.com please send me a private message with your email address, first and last name and units (US or Metric).

kevinleaf said:
I made a YouTube video briefly showing Leaf Spy Pro and LeafLogger.com. Excuse the amateur quality (I am an amateur). It gets the point across:

http://youtu.be/T0Fq_BXTqy0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you would like a login to LeafLogger.com please send me a private message with your email address, first and last name and units (US or Metric).

very nice presentation and reinforces my belief that cruise control has limited benefits after seeing the speed on your logs varying from 54 to 82 MPH! ;)

Back