Navi safety override?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are absolutely correct, I ain't splicing wires in this buggy. I noticed the post before mine sorption installed one on his 2013 with around view and his didn't function either. Good idea, I will shoot an email over to the developer fella to let him know.

So many times I've said I can't use a GPS that is disabled when needed. There's no reason why my passenger can't navigate while driving. I saw the aftermarket harness, but can't spend $175 on it. So this thread was exactly what I needed. I installed the Navi safety override switch, and since I was in there I also installed the rearview monitor switch.

4991b7ec-a8d1-4fff-a188-ac9db75ca9a4_zpsdf6b41b3.jpg

The wife wouldn't let me put the switch in the dash fascia, so I put them both on the passenger side where she can hit the switch and tap up a new destination.

SO what about the AUX video in? I want that :)

Also is there anyway to get high resolution access to the display panel? HDMI in? I want to connect my CELL PHONE video out so I can have google maps "on" the built in screen!

I don't use the built in nav much. while it is actually pretty (I love the split screen for different events) it is very slow to update very slow to enter anything and very slow to reroute. Just annoying overall. I guess I am spoiled by pressing one button and simply speaking the address of where I want to go :)

nerys said:
I am spoiled by pressing one button and simply speaking the address of where I want to go :)
FYI, the 15MY has voice destination entry. It can also read and send text messages. I got mine last week.

I got a 2012. Nav is pretty useless for delivery. I would be half way there in the time it takes to input an address :)

I may get a nice tablet and just mount in front of the built in if I can figure out a viable data connection.

keydiver said:
I don't think Daryll will mind, I hacked this picture off his site to show how the Anytime Backup Mod works

Sweet! Here I am years later being interested in this. So great to see you on here, keydiver! Heck I probably swiped that image from you initially for all I know. Looks like a fun little project to match what we did with the Prius. I'm on it!

Did Phil ever work out a device to fix the "Nav OK" thing? I still haven't heard a solution for that...

2011 white SL.

darelldd said:
keydiver said:
I don't think Daryll will mind, I hacked this picture off his site to show how the Anytime Backup Mod works

Sweet! Here I am years later being interested in this. So great to see you on here, keydiver! Heck I probably swiped that image from you initially for all I know.

I think I hand drew it, and you cleaned it up using Microsoft Paint, or something like that. ;)

Did Phil ever work out a device to fix the "Nav OK" thing? I still haven't heard a solution for that.

I believe he demonstrated a fix, but I don't think he has ever released it or offered it to other Leaf owners. His fix simulated a touch on the screen at the proper location.

OK, that's what it looked like. LeafScan never made it to the masses, I guess. So sad. The OK press seems to be the one significant annoyance that nobody has addressed with a proper mod.

In the meantime... you again helped me install the "anytime camera" and the speed wire interrupt. Having you describe the proper pins is immensely valuable. Heck - just reminding which way around the diode goes is huge. (note that I just dug right back into the package of diodes that I purchased for the Prius mod. LOVE having all the pieces necessary here on the workbench.)

So there it is. Done without much fuss. And free. I also pulled power to the center console for the heated seats (looking for a console removal tutorial next!) And I mounted my LeafDD properly (was velcro'd crooked up in the eyebrow over the tree and signal indicator - now straight and magnetically attached above the center stack - pictures of that when adhesive sets and tape is off!

Thank you once again, keydiver. You rock.

Video of my "anytime camera" and "speed wire interrupt."
http://vimeo.com/118980472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two switches hidden under the center stack - through 1/8" holes. Look at the lower left corner of the photo and you can see the yellow shrink tube on the back of the tiny toggles I used. I lined mine up vertically - one in front of the other. I figure the camera one won't be used much, so it is tucked under farther.

Here is the wiring behind the dash. Love the Posi-Lock connectors!
i.150206.017-L.jpg

And heated seats are next. Switches are in.
i.150205.005-M.jpg

This is awesome. I had done the same on my avalon.. debating with the the range of the leaf will I need this??

Just did this on my 2017. Added a switch inline for pin 44. Works great! Same behavior as others have said: when disconnected all the nav options are enabled again, but your position also doesn't track well on the map.

Back