LEAFStat iPhone/iPad app to monitor battery status etc.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saywatt said:
dm33 said:
I'm getting ready to submit LEAFStat 1.1 to the App Store with the following changes:
. Is there a timeframe for this release? I've yet to see it in the app store. Thanks!
Its submitted. Up to the Apple approval process. Typically within a week, but can vary greatly. WWDC is going on this week, they might be shorthanded. I've seen one post in a day, seen others get hung up for clarification that took weeks. Not sure what hoops they'll make me jump through this time.

rslatkin said:
This one arrived and I tested it but it's not working. The Status says "Connecting to vehicle..." with a rotating ring, and all the data is shown as dashes. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

I have the same spinner that says "Connecting to vehicle..."

I have one same as this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-ELM327-Wireless-OBD2-Auto-Scanner-Adapter-Scan-Tool-for-iPhone-ipad-iPod-/160837830439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,

Keithjmason said:
rslatkin said:
This one arrived and I tested it but it's not working. The Status says "Connecting to vehicle..." with a rotating ring, and all the data is shown as dashes. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

I have the same spinner that says "Connecting to vehicle..."

I have one same as this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-ELM327-Wireless-OBD2-Auto-Scanner-Adapter-Scan-Tool-for-iPhone-ipad-iPod-/160837830439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,

I have the same model OBDII and have the same issue. The developer said it had been tested and another local LEAF owner is using it successfully. I'm hoping the version 1.1 solves the issue.

That said, I can get it to connect to the car by unplugging and replugging the OBDII adaptor and hitting OK on the app when it states it has lost communication. It finally connects after an average of 4 tries but still displayes no car data. The status line at the bottom of the app shows that it is connected and the 3 dashed lines for the GIDS disappear, but no data is displayed.

Just got 1.1 and it works now! so good to finally have an App like this for iOS.. I hope it keeps improving and adding more features,, Great!

Although, the numbers i'm seeing on my 2 month old Leaf are not as good as I hoped for ...

95.6% SOH (was hoping it would be closer to 100% for a new car)

93.59% Capacity (62.01 Ahr) - again I was hoping for a little more.

Battery temp at 29degC and car has done 3500miles

Do these figures seem right for a new car ?

saywatt said:
I have the same model OBDII and have the same issue. The developer said it had been tested and another local LEAF owner is using it successfully. I'm hoping the version 1.1 solves the issue.

That said, I can get it to connect to the car by unplugging and replugging the OBDII adaptor and hitting OK on the app when it states it has lost communication. It finally connects after an average of 4 tries but still displayes no car data. The status line at the bottom of the app shows that it is connected and the 3 dashed lines for the GIDS disappear, but no data is displayed.

Can we please follow the naming conventions used in LEAFSpy? You are just going to create more confusion by calling HX SOH.

v1.1 solved my issue also. App and dongle working as it should. Thanks dm33!!

PS. IMHO, SOH is in the same format as SOC, so I don't see an issue with it, just wish it was higher for my 11. :D

saywatt said:

PS. IMHO, SOH is in the same format as SOC, so I don't see an issue with it, just wish it was higher for my 11. :D

What do you mean?

LEAFStat has SOC which is the current SOC percent. SOH which is an unknown meaning percent that tracks with capacity and a capacity percent which is the capacity of the battery.

LEAFSpy has the same three numbers but calls the unknown meaning percent HX and the capacity percent SOH.

So for example right now in my car LEAFStat says:
SOC: 76.56% 15.36kwh
SOH: 72.87%
Capacity:85.55% 56.61 AHr

While LEAFSpy says:
SOC: 76.5% 14.8kwh
SOH: 86% 56.61 AHr
Hx: 72.87%

So in addition to changing SOH label to Hx I would also recommend using the same definition of a GID so that the SOC kwhr readings match. I believe LEAFSpy defaults to 77.5wh/GID.

QueenBee said:
saywatt said:

What do you mean?

LEAFStat has SOC which is the current SOC percent. SOH which is an unknown meaning percent that tracks with capacity and a capacity percent which is the capacity of the battery.

LEAFSpy has the same three numbers but calls the unknown meaning percent HX and the capacity percent SOH.

So for example right now in my car LEAFStat says:
SOC: 76.56% 15.36kwh
SOH: 72.87%
Capacity:85.55% 56.61 AHr

While LEAFSpy says:
SOC: 76.5% 14.8kwh
SOH: 86% 56.61 AHr
Hx: 72.87%

So in addition to changing SOH label to Hx I would also recommend using the same definition of a GID so that the SOC kwhr readings match. I believe LEAFSpy defaults to 77.5wh/GID.
I don't have a strong preference on the name. Looks like the terminology changed in LEAF spy. In the last version of LEAF spy I have (aka LEAF Battery), it was labeled 'Hlth'. % of original capacity wasn't labeled at all, being listed as Ahr=62.71(94.65%)

I am needing to see battery cell voltages. This is apparently available with Leaf Spy, but not yet with LeafStat (for iOS devices). Will this feature be added soon?

Keithjmason said:
Just got 1.1 and it works now! so good to finally have an App like this for iOS.. I hope it keeps improving and adding more features,, Great!

Although, the numbers i'm seeing on my 2 month old Leaf are not as good as I hoped for ...

Do you usually charge 80% or 100%? Have you let the car charge to 100% a couple of time and finish balancing?

I have a 2013 with 12K miles, and depending on charging to 80% vs 100% a couple of times I see 98% vs 102% SOH, so it can fluctuate (and from 64-66 AH capacity).

Also it seems people are reporting lower readings from 2014 models, but not necessarily translating into lower usable miles.

epirali said:
Keithjmason said:

Do you usually charge 80% or 100%? Have you let the car charge to 100% a couple of time and finish balancing?

I have a 2013 with 12K miles, and depending on charging to 80% vs 100% a couple of times I see 98% vs 102% SOH, so it can fluctuate (and from 64-66 AH capacity).

Also it seems people are reporting lower readings from 2014 models, but not necessarily translating into lower usable miles.

I usually charge to 80% / 90% in the week.. maybe to 100% at the weekend.. but generally not to 100%

I've had the car 2 months now, and maybe its only charged to 100% and completed about 5 times.

Would it be better to get some more 100% charges in perhaps ?

Also, becuase I charge mostly at work, I am charging from the EVSE 'brick' - i've read that long term is this not a good idea, so maybe that's affecting things ?

Thanks.

lorenfb said:
Ordered app to compare with Leaf Spy.

Works great using the 'Xseries' WiFi adapter and indicates the same data as the LeafDD does.
No need to do any setup changes with WiFi other than to select the Xseries as the network.

Curious if anyone has any insight in to this problem I'm having..

..bought an ELM327 OBD-II (Wifi, since I have an iPhone); got it from the link on the broadreachsoftware.com page from the "tall adapter" link.

Got LEAF Stat v1.1

Plug OBD into car, 5 lights flash then back to 2 red, and I see a new SSID show on my iPhone, but it is called CKDevices, not OBDDevice, or WiFi_OBDii.

(from amazon.com specs SSID: OBDDevice, IP/Port: 192.168.0.10:35000, Antenna: Internal, Wifi Standard: 802.11a/b/g)

I'm wondering if the SSID needs to be WiFi_OBDii, because I have configured the WiFi as on broadreachsoftware.com webpage, especially where it says to use IP address 192.168.0.10 and ...wait, what? OH, other than 192.168.0.10.

(running back out to car..)

Ah, so I need to both read AND follow the instructions :oops:

Well, another KUDOS for a great app for the iPhone :D

Here are stats for a new 2015 with 40km on the odometer..

waebovx01

http://postimg.org/image/waebovx01/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's really no WiFi setup needed. Just select the WiFi adapter (OBDII) and then open the app.

So your new Leaf (a few weeks old) has about 64 AHr capacity. Mine now seven months old with
over 8K miles is at about 59 AHr. I've only monitored it for just the last three months from when
the capacity was at about 61 AHr. Some claim over 67 AHr with over 6K miles and over nine months
old. That data is somewhat questionable.

Would it be possible for the soc % #'s to be larger font?

also once I hook up my iphone to the obd2 reader wifi my Pandora will no longer play as the phone tries to use the wifi for it

is there a setting I can change so both stat works, and Pandora ?

kmp647 said:
Would it be possible for the soc % #'s to be larger font?

also once I hook up my iphone to the obd2 reader wifi my Pandora will no longer play as the phone tries to use the wifi for it

is there a setting I can change so both stat works, and Pandora ?
Follow the directions on the website for network configuration. The link is in the first post of the thread. That should fix your networking issue.

lorenfb said:
lorenfb said:
Ordered app to compare with Leaf Spy.

Works great using the 'Xseries' WiFi adapter and indicates the same data as the LeafDD does.
No need to do any setup changes with WiFi other than to select the Xseries as the network.

Also works great with the shorter profile & switchable one on Amazon:

TabStore DBPower® Mini Black ELM327 WIFI Wireless OBD2 OBDII Car Automotive Diagnostic Scanner Adapter Reader Tool for iPhone4S/5/5S iPad 4 iPad Mini iPod Touch iOS PC Android

Back