? Telemetry detail the leaf sends to Nissan ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashman

I searched but could not find it anywhere.
Does anyone on the forum know of exactly what detail data the Leaf sends to Nissan as telemetry?
is it intercept-able? or even digestible to watch what the car sends on a real-time daily basis? (or whenever it updates Nissan)
If I turn off Traction control... does the Leaf log this info and send it to Nissan? track wheel spin? Hard braking? Does it log when I use the AC? etc. etc.

I remember someone telling me a story about how Nissan proved Top Gear (the UK Show) deliberately ran down the traction battery to discredit the car by driving in circles or some sort of thing off camera. Nissan did this apparently by reviewing the telemetry.

I am just curious what level of detail the Leaf produces (maybe even the data is configurable for the level of detail?) or 'Gasp' a spec?
anyone know? Thanks!

Actually, I love him and all three of them! But anyone who takes it seriously rather than in the humorous vein in which the show is presented is totally missing the point... And Andy Palmer lost credibility when he said that "the car had been delivered to the BBC fully charged with enough power for at least 100 miles." At least 100 miles, huh? Not bloody likely!

Flashman said:
Clarkson is a sad excuse for a car enthusiast!

rather than in the humorous vein
I actually like the show as well and like the other 99% of what they do...
Most of it's pure entertainment but at times the show changes it's narrative to be taken seriously or as 'Car experts' and giving advice.
And that's fine.
However, I draw the line when they intentionally misrepresent something (sans Humor) for seemingly political \ corporate \ personal preference or even prejudice.
Clarkson of course has the right to run his show as he sees fit but his antics & Lies with Tesla, Nissan and others that he routinely unfairly attacks have tarnished my respect for the man.
Or it's just the things that come out of his mouth that should have you rethinking of how you see this guy... ?
The most recent comes after claims he used the N-word while reciting 'Eeny Meeny Miny Moe' - video of the incident is published here:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/recap-jeremy-clarkson-n-word-shame-3481569

That's not the first time either... old hat for this guy.
Anyhow... Most of the UK folks I know think of Clarksons Bafoonery as any Canadian also sees their own jester; Justin Bieber.
(Although Piers Morgan still holds the top spot) heh. :D

I still watch the show but Clarkson is IMHO, not someone to be trusted as truthful or proud of.

So, any one got any ideas on the telemetry thing yet? : :mrgreen:

That's a good question. So if you accelerate too quickly in the dealer's opinion based on what the Telemetry data provides, is that going to cause future issues/concerns with a lease?
"You're driving it too hard, we're going to charge ya extra for that..."

So if you accelerate too quickly in the dealer's opinion based on what the Telemetry data provides, is that going to cause future issues/concerns with a lease?
Very possibly... I think it could very well be similar to the insurance dongles people are allowing in their OBDII ports.

I am interested in what get's sent and if it can be captured...
likewise are there any undocumented reverse commands Nissan can send to the car or is it a one way conversation only where the Leaf reports to Nissan but cannot change any settings or similar remotely.

Maybe the CAN bus experts see this (or any) data flow via the Cell transmitter in the car somewhere?

Having the list of exactly what Nissan gets or sends from the car may or may not affect anyone's decision on weather to accept data transmissions big 'OK' button in the first place.

Anyone?

Back