DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a "Leaf Reunion" of sorts at the Autonation on LBJ near the Tollway (used to be Bankston Nissan) this Saturday, June 21; there's also an NTEAA.org meeting (same place) @10am. The dealer usually provides free "grub" around Noon as well (we've done this for 3 or so years running). Come hang out with your fellow EV owners!

Stanton said:
There's a "Leaf Reunion" of sorts at the Autonation on LBJ near the Tollway (used to be Bankston Nissan) this Saturday, June 21; there's also an NTEAA.org meeting (same place) @10am. The dealer usually provides free "grub" around Noon as well (we've done this for 3 or so years running). Come hang out with your fellow EV owners!
How many Leafs do you anticipate being there? That's a long drive for us in Kennedale, but we could certainly make it there with our Leaf. (might need to charge somewhere, though) I guess other EV types are not invited?

adric22 said:
Stanton said:
How many Leafs do you anticipate being there? That's a long drive for us in Kennedale, but we could certainly make it there with our Leaf. (might need to charge somewhere, though) I guess other EV types are not invited?

This isn't an "exclusion thing": all EV types are invited. The NTEAA supports/promotes all types of EV/PHEV.

mkjayakumar said:
Appreciate you taking the time to maintain the data. I have forwarded this map link to a few of my colleagues and friends who are new to Leaf and are not a member of this forum.

Glad to do it, not only does it help my work, but it helps me too so I know where i can charge!

As a warning, coming this Friday (hopefully), the map will officially change to the new google maps. There are a couple of reason for this (such as easier data manipulation and exporting to other programs such as GIS), but the biggest reason is mobile.

Since google changed to the new maps, this classic map version was no longer available via mobile (via maps first, and then even via the browser). This new map will be able to be viewed via mobile (yea!). I will provide more details on how to view. For those that want to get a head start, the new map cannot be viewed in google maps, but it via Google Maps Engine (unfortunately only available to android users). BUT the new map can be viewed via mobile browsers (iOS and Android). Basically if you click on the link it will ask you to open up via browser or google maps engine (if you have it installed). This will hopefully go live this friday, and I will offically update this post (and my link at the bottom) to reflect the new map. Unfortunately, the old map will no longer be supported since I would have to change each one separately, its just not feasible.

So for those that want to try - this is a TEST map. It is not the latest updates to stations, and the final markers, etc. may change. This will also NOT be the final link either. It is just a TEST to see if it works on other devices (we have tested various android devices with browsers or google maps engine, android tablets, and iphone 5c). If there are issues, please send them to me. We want to make sure this map is mobile friendly and the classic map just wasn't working anymore.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zzEcTSkHiFIA.kjEPjfjccASE

Stanton said:

I suggest letting our local TV news folks know about this reunion. They may want to send a camera crew.

It will be great to put a face with the names on this page! :p We plan to be there in our LEAF. I can't wait to give Robert (our salesman) grief...........we have great fun whenever we meet at the eVgo charger on Belt Line. He'll have a prospective or new customer and I'll ask "did you show them how to feed the squirrel in the cage???". He's fun!

Hope to see members of our group there.

Unfortunately, I am going to see my nephew's baseball game and spend time with my sister and her family that day. So no fun hanging out for me :(

I got my 3 year battery check done at Don Davis Nissan. There was no cost. I didn't asked what the price was nor mention anything about the third one potentially costing. I just had it done and the receipt said $0.00. Yea for complimentary battery check! Report came back, as always, 5 stars in every category except topping off - which is strange to me now since a small in town trip (~9 miles) brings me way below 80% since my capacity is so low, but, eh.

I did not mention anything about my battery capacity being low enough for the warranty (at 65%), and nothing was every discussed with me about it after the test. I am assuming that capacity is NOT checked during a normal yearly check (beyond the bars, which are shown in the printout). The other possibility is that it is checked and the info is just sent to Nissan Corporate and the dealership doesn't review or check for capacity and/or warranty. And, most likely, if it is sent I seriously doubt Nissan Corporate will call the dealership back and say, "heh - you know that car you tested, it is eligible for a battery replacement."

I am still trying not to extend my luck and force the warranty when I am well below capacity (70% target) or below the 4th bar (66.25%) and am waiting to loose the 4th bar so there is no question about the replacement, but I am getting close to the warranty cap - almost 58,000 miles. I use ~1500 per month so its getting pretty close...

I think maybe we'll come to the meeting on Saturday. But our Leaf may or may not be on display since we really need to get the recall taken care of, and also need the update for the grabby brakes. So Maybe we'll just plan to have that done while we're there at the dealership.

Ok lots and lots to talk about.

First - I LOST MY 4TH BAR!! YEEEEESSSSS! I don't think I would ever be so happy to loose a capacity bar, but I get a new (hopefully) battery!!! :D :D :D :D
Its a celebration! weeee! As a funny joke, I keep telling my wife she married a LOSER...not a 1 or 2 bar loser but a 4-BAR-LOSER. HAHAH. That's an awesome loser! (Can you tell I am quite excited about this). Anyways taking the car into the dealership for the official OK and then a new battery should be forthcoming.

Secondly the new map. The link is here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zzEcTSkHiFIA.kjEPjfjccASE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is now the OFFICIAL map. The old google classic map WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATE starting with the past Friday Updates (all were made to the new map as part of the migration of data). I will change the link in my signature too. Please change your bookmarks as well! I also, for helpfulness, but a nice big all caps warning in the table of contents in the classic map to go to the new one. So here are the crazy updates for this week:

New Station (kind-of, it was on before, removed, and now back again):

Denton Municipal Electric Complex
Blink – One Level 2 (J1772)
1659 Spencer Road
Denton, TX 76205

Modifications:
North Branch Library (Blink) – stations reduced from 2 to 1
North Lakes Park (Blink) – stations reduced from 3 to 1
TI Baylor Health Center (Blink) – one station at this location is restricted use

Removals:
Garland City Hall (Blink) – these were actually removed when the parking lot/building was redone. Don’t know if Garland plans to repurpose them, but they were not added back to the parking lot here.
Ericsson Garage 1 (ChargePoint) – assuming these went private
Ericsson Garage 2 (ChargePoint) – assuming these went private
Frank Kent Cadillac (ChargePoint) – no clue, these were installed since the dealership was selling Fiskers, which is no more. Unknown if they plan to use those for the Cadillac ELR and these went private or if they were just removed
Frank Kent Honda (ChargePoint) – same guess as above, dealerships are adjacent.

Pictures and marker adjustment:
Whole Foods - Dallas (ChargePoint)
Pavillion (ChargePoint)
Cinemark West Plano (ChargePoint)

Congrats on that 4th bar loss. :) I know you've been suffering from decreased range for quite awhile, so I'm happy to hear you lost that last bar just in time before the warranty expired.

Also, for those that have android phones, you can download Google Maps Engine - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.m4b&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - to view the map (otherwise it just defaults to the browser).

This will open the map in a map-like program and you can click on markers, etc. If you hit directions in map engine it takes you to the regular google map program so you can navigate, etc.

they are really neat looking cars and are very nice - but I just can't justifying paying so much more for something that is slightly nicer, performs moderately nicer, yet less range, and a QC that we don't have here in DFW but have way more of the other type..

Anyways here is the updates for this week:

3 stations removed and 2 modified –

Removal:

Grapevine Train Depot (Blink)
Let’s Do Lunch (Blink)
“North 40” Parking Lot (Blink)

Modifications:
Garland Fire Admin Parking (Blink) – reduced stations from 3 to 2
Hollabaugh Rec Center (Blink) – reduced stations from 2 to 1

Pipcecil said:
they are really neat looking cars and are very nice - but I just can't justifying paying so much more for something that is slightly nicer, performs moderately nicer, yet less range, and a QC that we don't have here in DFW but have way more of the other type..
I'd happily take an i3 Rex over a Leaf. But I'm not willing to pay the extra to get one.

jhm614 said:
FYI, BMW of Arlington on Lamar has an i3 in stock. Looked just like the pictures to me.
I just drove by there an hour ago. They actually have 3 of them. One in the front that is the Rex version, and 2 in the back that are BEV. Unfortunately, the place had closed an hour before due to holiday schedule so I couldn't do a test drive or anything. Interestingly enough, I couldn't find a charging station anywhere on the lot. However, I noticed they had several 120V outlets on poles out in the parking lots. Maybe they are keeping them charged up that way for now?

updates!

One Modification, one removal and three new stations:

Modification:
Hilton Anatole (Blink) – One of two stations at the location is now restricted in access

Removal:
TI SC Bldg (Blink)

New stations:
Grapevine Train Depot
Blink – One Level 2 (J1772)
705 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051

“North 40” Parking Lot
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
1647 L Avenue
Plano, TX 75074

Whole Foods - Colleyville
ChargePoint – Two Level 2 (J1772)
4801 Colleyville Boulevard
Colleyville, TX 76034

An interesting drive story.......

We drove our Leaf from Dallas to Denton (down I-35E) and back thru Little Elm (charged at the EvGo fast charge), up the Dallas North Tollway to downtown Dallas, up Central Expressway to Mockingbird & Greenville for a 2nd fast charge at the EvGo) and then to West Grapevine and back to Dallas............a total of over 186 miles!!! The a/c was on the entire trip.

Yeah, we had a problem with with the heat gauge for the battery which was just below the "red" mark. However, that was after 11 hours of almost non-stop driving with the air conditioning running from 9:30 a.m. until 8:45 p.m.

VERY pleased with our Leaf's performance.

Also, we had a "rush hour" at the EvGo fast charge on Belt Line and Montfort in Addison: we pulled up and another NEW white Leaf was using the slower charge and I took the fast charge. TWO white Leafs at one time!!!! I took a photo, but don't know how to upload it.

Also we have now determined that on the 2014 Leaf, the most "leaf trees" that you can plant are..............FOUR planted trees, and ONE full grown trees. That is the max! The Fifth tree won't "plant"...........

I LOVE MY LEAF!!!!

:lol: awesome that you reached your "tree limit." I don't recall anyone that has done that! I have driven quite a few miles in one day on my leaf, but I don't think I have every did that much. Kudos for the laps around the metroplex. I might have to try this again since my new battery range is awesome.

That beltline station definitely gets its use. There is a ford fusion energi that uses the level 2 quite often. I think he either works at the walgreens or just next door. The largest jam so far I have seen at that station is 3 at once, all trying to QC.

updates:

All Modifications this week-

TI SC Bldg Lot #10 (Blink) – stations reduced from 4 to 2
Garland Fire Admin Parking (Blink) – stations increased from 2 to 3
UT Dallas Research and Operations Center (Blink) – all stations (2) are now restricted
UT Dallas Activities & Recreation Center Lot J (Blink) – one station is now restricted (1 of 2)
EEST – Environmental Education, Science & Technology Bldg (Blink) – one station is now restricted (1 of 2)
Hollabaugh Rec Center (Blink) – stations increased from 1 to 2
Irving Convention Center – two stations are now restricted (2 of 4)
Park Central – 789 (Garage 8) – all stations are now restricted (4 of 4)

2 new locations (yes I know the blink one keeps popping on and off the map again...):

Let’s Do Lunch
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
1720 Regal Row
Dallas, TX 75235

Tesla Northpark
Independent – Seven Level 2 (Tesla HPWC – Model S)
8687 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75225

Back