NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hill
Noticed you got your AV EVSE installed on Nov. 2nd. Did you use the AV contractor for the install or did you have an independent contractor install for you and only ordered the EVSE from AV. Regardless of who installed were you pleased with the final results and how does the tax rebate work for half the cost up to $2000. Did AV supply you with a form to complete or is it merely a tax application when you file your tax return for 2010? Did you hear from anyone else in the Nashville area that has had an EVSE install as of yet?
Leggedo

Leggedo said:
Hill
Noticed you got your AV EVSE installed on Nov. 2nd. Did you use the AV contractor for the install or did you have an independent contractor install for you and only ordered the EVSE from AV.

Yes, AV sub's it out to various folks, turning on where you live. Our contractor was Aliso Electric because they're just a couple miles away. Being their first, it took 3 hours (he had to leave 2x to go get extra goodies). If you order one directly, AV has already stated NO one can, util all contractor installs are done. I'd guess the rational is that they want to do right by their subcontractors and customers willing to pay the high(er) price first.
Leggedo said:
Regardless of who installed were you pleased with the final results and how does the tax rebate work for half the cost up to $2000. Did AV supply you with a form to complete or is it merely a tax application when you file your tax return for 2010? Did you hear from anyone else in the Nashville area that has had an EVSE install as of yet?
Leggedo
Yes, we're glad it's in and of course the up side of AV is the promise of quick turn around/repair/temporary replacement if the unit fails during the warranty. Down side is the $2K total price. But since 1/2 is picked up via tax/credit money, it's not too bad. Other manufacturer's prices were as expensive as AV's unit WITH the contractor's fees ... or even 4x as expensive as AV's bare unit.
AV gave no help with the forms, but being an attorney, forms & processes are no big deal ... I already got that issue dialed in/taken care of anyway.
"any one else in Nashville" ?? wait .... that's MY question :D
From the folks that replied here, I'm guessing just public/business installs are done so far ... either that, or any one who HAS taken care of their home install hasn't read the thread.

Hey folks! I live in Knoxville and I qualified for the free charger. I ordered on October 20 and I assumed (we know about that word) that I would take delivery the middle of December. The last thing I got from Nissan said 4-7 months from the order date. I can see this with new production and all, but it leaves me with one question: Am I still going to qualify for the tax credit? I thought it expired on December 31. What gives?

Well ... the charger is free, so no tax credit there in any case (since it's no $ out of your pocket). But the federal $7,500 tax credit (for the car) does NOT expire on 12/31/10, so you're ok there.

Was wondering about the status of those of you who live in the Nashville area: how many of you have been able to place your order for your new Leaf and if so what estimated delivery time were you given? Also, how many of you have had installs as of yet on your home EVSE unit and if so what brand is it? I assume since you guys are in the EV project area you would have gotten the Ecotality unit by Blink (free cost) and were able to opt out of the AV install through the Nissan/AV alliance. I did receive my "time to order go ahead" last Friday, Dec. 10th and confirmed the order with my local Nissan dealer on Monday of this week. My dealer is Carlock Nissan of Jackson, TN and I was their first Leaf customer. My confirmation order through Nissan shows 4 to 7 months on delivery times. I am still pricing EVSE units, unwilling to pay $2400 to AV if the 50% tax credit on cost + installation up to $2000 does expire on Dec. 31, 2010.
Leggedo
Medina, TN
SL white fm qc reserved 5/10/2010 ordered 12/13/2010

I just spoke with Katherine Zachary at Nissan North America and she said the first TN delivery will be at Action Nissan today (12/21) at around 1PM. I'll be there. Hope some of the rest of you will, also!

Thanks,

Matt Kenigson
http://evalbum.com/882

And now ... they should run over to ... http://nashville-scooters.com/nashville-electric-vehicle-charging-station/ to test the EVCA (at the bottom) ... to see if the unit is for real ! :p

Went to the reception at Nissan Headquarters this evening to celebrate the first TN delivery. Unfortunately, it was not mine :( . I reserved mine the first day (4/20/10) but due to technical difficulties on the Nissan website and negotiations with Installers for the EVSE (Ecotality/Blink) was not able to actually order until 10/23. My estimated delivery date is still officially "pending". I had hoped for Feb. but I saw a guy at the reception who said he had ordered in Sept and his staus had recently updated to "March" so it looks like March or even April might be more likely for me.

Hey guys, I work with Nissan. I called corporate to see what the range of prices are for EV charger installations. The guy i spoke to said that the average is $2500... but he's seen lower and higher based on the house's electric set up.

That might be repeat info for some, but oh well. Good news is that Nissan just started to bundle the Leaf and the EV installation in the finance package. That way you don't have fork out 2k right then and there, it will just be apart of your monthly payment. Maybe that helps a few people.

ps: I work at Newton Nissan in Gallatin (North Nashville area). If there's any questions I can help you with, let me know... I'll do my best to provide legit info!

kelseypost said:
ps: I work at Newton Nissan in Gallatin (North Nashville area). If there's any questions I can help you with, let me know... I'll do my best to provide legit info!
Did your dealership sold any Leaf(s) yet if not when will start and what will be volume/allocation there?

Hey Edmondleaf,
As far as allocation, we pretty much get what we sell. So far Newton Nissan has sold more than a dozen, but the delivery hasn't been made yet. I think we're expecting them in April. What about you guys, what's your delivery date?

So here's an update from Newton Nissan: It looks like LEAF production is going to resume in April, so that's when you'll be able to go online and reserve your leaf.

kelseypost,

Oklahoma will not start ordering till Fall/Winter 2011. In my opinion got many people in OK interested in Leaf, but still we have to wait awhile to drive one.

Yeah, I don't think we'll be getting demos any time soon. As much as I'd LOVE to have a demo, I'd much rather see a customer get their Leaf order as soon as possible.

On a lighter note, my teammate Justin Garza made it in the Nissan Leaf Tour video in Franklin! It's kind of funny, he's the guy in background videotaping the Leaf (like a proud father videotaping his child's first recital). :)

Awesome! I really want a Leaf now. The engine was completely silent when I started it, which really caught me off guard. Since it's an electric car, I think i was expecting the ride to feel a little weird, but it wasn't at all. It was very smooth, just like any other new car. I think my favorite thing about the Leaf is that it won't ever need oil changes! Have you guys gotten a chance to test drive it?

kelseypost said:
So here's an update from Newton Nissan: It looks like LEAF production is going to resume in April, so that's when you'll be able to go online and reserve your leaf.

Kelsey what information did you receive specifically? About reservations

Can you post it here?

Kevin

kelseypost said:
Have you guys gotten a chance to test drive it?
During tour in Dallas, great feeling no noise just a bit from electric motor, nice acceleration and handling. My email from July 2010 states Fall/Winter 2011 reservation, so long wait for me. Hopefully when is time for me to order we will still have federal credit, our 50% EV state tax credit already gone.

Back