EVSE Federal credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
mxp said:
Does anyone here know if the Federal Tax Credit for the EVSE installations will be extended into 2011?
My personal opinion? The chance of that is slim to none ....
If that were actually to turn out to be the case (which I'm not making a comment on one way or the other),
I can see very few people, if any, getting an AV EVSE installed (by AV). As it was, their quotes were inflated ...
dare I say, intentionally, with the fed credit in mind. If there were no fed credit after 2010, AV would have to
either drastically reduce their install and/or equipment cost, or they will be installing very few units in 2011
(except to the rich-and-famous types). Maybe then, they'd provide some reasonable installation quotes.

I think that come Jan-feb there will be quite a bit of regret for some that followed the AV route. Some not all.

Federal tax credit was reduced from $2K to $1K for 2011. AV postponement cost $1,000 for all those waiting to get their charging station installed by AV, like me.

DrE said:
Federal tax credit was reduced from $2K to $1K for 2011. AV postponement cost $1,000 for all those waiting to get their charging station installed by AV, like me.
The 2K / 1K is the max credit. The credit has also been reduced from 50% to 30% - according to some reports.

Back