Leafs in Utah

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Leaf Owner checking in.

I leased a 2015 Red SV from Tim Dahle in Sandy. I commute daily from South Jordan to Draper for work about 10 miles each way and my whole family loves this vehicle. I live in Eastlake in Daybreak and I have my home garage charger listed on plugshare.com. Level 2 - 240v 16amp.

Happy Driving.

Nice! I might have to use your charger sometime when we go down in that area to play football!

On a somewhat related note, tried Tim Dahle's quick charger last weekend and it was broken AGAIN! The two by the Leonardo downtown were broken as well, someone was parked at the L2 charger on the street charging, and someone was parked in front of the other one down the road NOT charging. Not even an EV for that matter. Nissan in Riverdale's quickcharger was ALSO broken.

Jerry Seiner was the ONLY quick charger available. Had to download greenlots and sign in, but it was free to use, no (money) charge.

This is stupid.

We've been driving our LEAF since October 2012 here in Salt Lake City (Millcreek). Our white chariot is now serving four drivers in our household (2 teenagers). My son learnt to drive in the LEAF. Nobody wants to drive the other ICE car when given the choice. We've been using a Schneider Electric L2 charger, bought at Home Depot 2 years ago. We've never had the need to use public charging, just about everywhere we go on regular basis is less than 15 miles from home, so range has not been an issue, even with winter tires fitted.

Picked up a used 2011 SL from a dealer near Seattle last month. Full battery health bars, though using the Leaf Spy app with Bluetooth ODB II shows it's right at 85% SOH so I'm expecting to lose the first bar soon.

Trying to make the trip from South Davis to Orem for Sunday visits with family has been an adventure. I'd hoped to only have to charge at my parent's garage but arriving in Orem I'm down to one bar with 9 MI on the Guess-O-Meter even though it's actually at 23% charge via the app. I've used the QC at the Nissan dealer in south Orem to get enough charge for the return trip. This is traveling below 65 MPH both ways.

Our Leaf doesn't have the winter package and I'm very watchful of the climate controls and rarely use it during the trip. Should expect better range in the summer? Any thoughts are welcome.

Is the QC in Orem a new one? I know that the old one was offline most of the time.

Make sure your tires are at max PSI for the best range. Winter tends to make the tire pressure go down.

I am in SLC and just bought a Leaf. Any recommendations on an electrician to install a 50A circuit and NEMA 14-50 outlet?

Back