$2,500 rebate for Texas residents?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The application paperwork here in Texas was fairly straight forward. Easily accessed on-line, printed and they did a decent job explaining what is needed and how it all works. Got it all in the mail about 2 weeks ago (purchased a Leaf in late October). Received my return-receipt-requested card about 5 days after mailing, so at least they have my application in-hand. I will let you all know when I receive the expected $2,500 from the great State of Texas. Still plenty of moneys in the funding balance for this program in Texas (also easily looked up on-line). But ends about June 2015.

And .... the dealership here in San Antonio had no idea what was needed (they need to sign one of the pages), or that the Texas law requires them to maintain the file for at least 2 years after my purchase. Salesman told me I was the first customer he knew about submitting this paperwork. Wow.

Just like the $7,500 from the feds (tax credit that is still in effect) and the $3,500 immediate rebate from Nissan financing (ended Oct 31st) to help them move these units out the door. None of this makes any sense, until you realize other Nissan customers and your fellow citizens are subsidizing your purchase because of the law. So I am net out the door at purchase price under $17,300 for an "S" model with the 6.6 kw charger option installed, and most likely costs Nissan about $60,000 per unit to produce.

Still driving by gas stations.....

Has anyone else received their Texas rebate??

How long has it taken??

I submitted my paperwork the first week of Nov and I haven't heard anything.

Nahinman,

Yes ! I received my $2,500 check from the great State of Texas. The check arrived in the mail mid-January and I had sent in my submittal the last day or so of October. I needed to re-submit one of the documents in mid-November after getting a letter telling me about the requirement.

Heads up - - - - the Texas paperwork that comes with the check states that I promise to drive it at least 2 years before selling.

About 4300 mile on that puppy to-date (base model with the 240v charger). Perfect for my commute (55 miles RT) and just using the 120v slow charger in the garage. Still cannot justify the cost of a 240v faster charger cord and garage outlet. Simple is good.

Nelson in San Antonio

USPS said my application was delivered on January 5th, but no sign of the either the check or a letter requesting corrections. Hopefully the check will show up soon.

Nhinman said:
Has anyone else received their Texas rebate??

How long has it taken??

I submitted my paperwork the first week of Nov and I haven't heard anything.

I received a letter saying my rebate was approved a week or 2 after I posted my question.

Finally received my check around 10 January. Just took awhile - a little over 2 months
all together.

Bumping this for an update... I'm about to submit my application for my newly leased 2015 SV.

Still $4.9 million left in the fund and deadline is June 26th.

Fun fact: of the 1095 contracts to date, 566 are for the Leaf. Volt is #2 with 233

TX_Alt_Rebate_315.jpg

Amount of Funds Remaining:
$4,918,366
(as of Mar 23, 2015)[/quote]

AndyH said:
Just found this thread - didn't know y'all were here. :)

I posted some info on the program in the politics area but the essential info's here in this thread.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16731

I mailed my package to Austin in late Feb - they received it on 2 March. So far nothing - I'm hoping 'no news is good news.' ;)

Just off the phone with Austin. Rebates are taking at least a full two months at this point. They go through two stages - paperwork/package validation first (mine took from March 2 to April 8), then 'contracting' for payout. Due to a "large influx' of applications received in the past month, it's taking a good month to work through the contracting queue.

In other words, things are still moving at the speed of government. ;)

I received a package from Austin in today's mail with a copy of my application and an "award notification" letter. That's the good news.

The TCEQ is currently processing the payment for your award. You may expect payment within 30 days to be delivered to the mailing address you provided in the application. Due to the high volume of applications received this this program, payment may be delayed up to 90 days or longer.

If you have any questions, or wish to decline this award, please contact our grants staff at 1-800-919-TERP (8377).

Edit...

The check from Austin arrived on May 14th. Mission complete.

We bought our Leaf on Jan 27, 2015.
Mailed rebate forms to State of Texas on Feb 2, 2015.
They requested additional forms, which we sent in and they acknowledged that the application was complete.
May 22, 2015 - received Award Notification that application was approved and check would be sent within 30 days, but due to "high volume", check could be delayed up to 90 days or longer.
Sept 16, 2015 (Today) - still no check, called to inquire about status and was told they would call me back to report on the status.

It doesn't seem like it should take four months to write a check and put it in the mail.

EvTex said:
We bought our Leaf on Jan 27, 2015.
Mailed rebate forms to State of Texas on Feb 2, 2015.
They requested additional forms, which we sent in and they acknowledged that the application was complete.
May 22, 2015 - received Award Notification that application was approved and check would be sent within 30 days, but due to "high volume", check could be delayed up to 90 days or longer.
Sept 16, 2015 (Today) - still no check, called to inquire about status and was told they would call me back to report on the status.

It doesn't seem like it should take four months to write a check and put it in the mail.

Hopefully it eventually shows up ... some IL residents did their due diligence last year only to find out that the state has no money for EV rebates this year (was up to $4K or 10% of MSRP whichever was lower); just as bad or perhaps even worse as the IOU's given to IL lottery winners ... yeah, the check's in the mail, hope TX is better about paying up

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/31/illinois-lottery-winners-receive-iou-amid-lack-of-budget.html

Back