Colorado L3 List

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanSqB

This list is deprecated as the original intent was to point out the large percentage of DCFC units in Colorado that were non-functional. This seems to no longer be an issue.

Please see Plugshare for more up to date info.

Please provide any updates or corrections:

Locations:

Location - Type - Ownership/Operator - Brand/Model - Cost - Status

Aurora:
  • Tynans Nissan Aurora - CHAdeMO/SAE Combo - Tynan's - ABB (model?) - Free - Functional - Often ICE'd and in employee "smoking area"
  • Arapahoe Crossing - CHAdeMO - NRG eVgo - ? model - membership required - coming soon
Boulder:
  • Boulder Nissan - CHAdeMO/SAE Combo - Boulder Nissan - ABB (model?) - Free - Functional
Centennial:
  • AutoNation Nissan - CHAdeMO - AutoNation/Greenlots - ABB (model?) - Free - Functional
Colorado Springs:
  • South Colorado Springs Nissan - CHAdeMO - SCS Nissan - ? Model - ? cost - Coming soon
  • Woodman Nissan - CHAdeMO - Woodman - ? model - Customers only - behind locked gate - unfriendly
Commerce City:
  • Canopy Airport Parking DIA - CHAdeMO - Canopy - Model unknown - Free (/w parking fee) - Functional
Denver:
  • Cultural Center Garage - CHAdeMO - City - ABB (model?) - Free (w/parking fee) - Functional
  • Denver Center for the Performing Arts - CHAdeMO - City - ABB (model?) - Free (w/parking fee) - Functional
Fort Collins:
  • Foothills Mall - CHAdeMO - Tynan's Nissan - ABB (model?) - Free - Functional
  • Museum of Discovery - CHAdeMO - AeroVironment/City - AeroVironment EV50-PS - Free - Functional
  • Tynans Nissan Fort Collins - CHAdeMO - Tynan's - ABB (model?) - Free - Functional - Requires card from dealership to start
Greeley:
  • Ehrlich Nissan - CHAdeMO - Ehrlich/Greenlots - ABB (model?) - $10/hr - Functional
Lakewood:
  • Empire Lakewood Nissan - CHAdeMO - Empire - ? model - "customers only" behind locked gates inside service area/unfriendly
Littleton:
  • Highlands Ranch - CHAdeMO - NRG eVgo - ? model - membership required - coming soon
Longmont:
  • Longmont Museum and Cultural Center - SAE Combo/CHAdeMO - Longmont Power/EV Connect - efacec EFAPOWER EV QC 50 - $3/session - Functional
  • Valley Nissan - CHAdeMO - ?owneship - ?model - Free - Often ICE'd and in employee "smoking area"
Loveland:
  • Centerra Marketplace - CHAdeMO - McWhinney/Greenlots - ABB (model?) - $7.50/hr $2 minimum - Functional with issues (must use Greenlots app, see PlugShare)
Northglen:
  • AutoNation Nissan - CHAdeMO - AutoNation/Greenlots - ABB (model?) - Free (customers only/locked) - Functional - Often ICE'd
Pueblo:
  • Dave Solon Nissan - CHAdeMO - Owner - Model? - Dealership Customers Only - Functional? - For "customers only"/unfriendly
Superior:
  • Superior Marketplace - CHAdeMO - NRG eVgo - membership required - coming soon

This list is for informational purposes. If you are planning to utilize these stations, please consult PlugShare for information on current status and station policies.

Last edit 4/10/15

Pueblo is only available during the service hours, not normal dealership hours. I recommend just avoiding that place all together. The free L2s at the courthouse and the river walk are much more worthy of our support.

Received from Tynans today:
Hello Leaf Owners!

In recent weeks, an issue with Level 3 chargers statewide has been discovered. While these chargers were tested in extreme temperatures, they were not tested for altitude changes, and Colorado being a mile high, has seen problems with the chargers.

That being said, Tynan's quick charger, along with almost all quick chargers across the state of Colorado are currently out of order. The charging company is working to replace these units as fast as possible.

Our level 2 chargers are still in working order, it is just the quick charger that is currently down.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and will send you a follow-up email once the issue has been fixed.

Thank you! And Happy Holidays!

Tynans Nissan Staff

Todd and Ashley at Tynans FoCo and Nigel at Boulder really do a good job of trying to keep us informed about their charger status.

I will try to update the list when I am on a computer next, it looks like some new CHAdeMO is coming! Plugshare shows 2 new NRGEVGO units in south Denver. Also a new unit showing at south Colorado Springs at the nissan dealer. Finally one on the west side of Denver at Empire nissan.

Nice to see some new units!

Agreed!
At first I thought south Colorado springs Nissan was a mistake on plugshare but now I see a comment that confirms it! I will try this out sometime soon. Would have been much more useful at wooden Nissan by I25 though.

Wait... Now woodmen Nissan shows dc on plugshare too!? If true I sure hope that means they are going to start being more open to non customers charging there!

Didn't see this one because I usually filter out restricted sites. Wouldn't choose to support a dealer that did this. Hope the South Springs site doesn't. I really need a dcqc down there or I will have to keep driving the wife's gasser every time I'm there.

The south Springs Nissan dealer has allowed me to charge despite not buying from them. However, their parking lot is configured to require you to go through the service bay to get to the chargers, so only during business hours.

It is nice to see several new "coming soon" NRG eVgo L3s shown on the Colorado map. Superior, Highlands Ranch, and Foxfield. All of those would greatly increase the flexible range for the LEAF.

Nfuzzy said:
Wait... Now woodmen Nissan shows dc on plugshare too!? If true I sure hope that means they are going to start being more open to non customers charging there!

Woodmen Nissan has never given me a problem about charging there. I didn't buy either of my LEAFs there, but I do use them for service (closest dealer).

I am a little concerned after reading about NRG eVgo on the forums here. There's no way I would use them enough to warrant a membership, but the per-use costs are ridiculous. Hopefully they won't be as high here as the ones in California.

Was hoping Greenlots would continue expansion. With one exception, Greeley, their units seem to be very fairly priced and are easy to use.

woodmen Nissan has it behind a locked gate huh? Does it appear operational? I drove by the other day but couldn't figure out where they were hiding it. I did buy from them though so we'll see how much of a hassle they make it some time.

The Aurora Arapahoe Crossing NRG EVgo station is now up and running. J1772 and CHAdeMO at 100A are available. It is one lightening fast charger. There is no SAE Combo installed. NRG eVgo membership is required, but there is a no monthly fee option that offers L2 at $1.50/hr or L3 (100A) at $4.95/session + .20/min. If you're planning on using it often you can get better pricing. With a monthly subscription from nrgevgo.com/denver you can get L2 at $1/hr and L3 at $.10/minute.

I tried out the L3 at Larry H Miller. Unsure if they close the gates at night. If they don't it should be accessible 24x7. Although because it is right in front of their office I suspect it will be iced a lot.

Edit: Looks like this one is not on the list. I found out via plugshare. It is the Larry H Miller Nissan off C470.

Nfuzzy said:
woodmen Nissan has it behind a locked gate huh? Does it appear operational? I drove by the other day but couldn't figure out where they were hiding it. I did buy from them though so we'll see how much of a hassle they make it some time.

I too am curious where it is...

I don't remember anywhere there is a locked gate and the L2's seemed relatively open.

Was considering deleting this list because it was created to point out how many L3 units were non-functional in Colorado compared to the few that were working. That is mostly resolved now with Greenlots finally having fixed/replaced many of the original ABB units. However, these new EVgo stations are really making things interesting again. I'm personally looking forward to not groveling for electrons at the stealerships anymore even if it costs me a few dollars. No more hanging out in salesperson smoking areas to charge up.

Maybe I'll do some updating of the list this weekend. Might be good to try to find the actual rates the units are limited to.

MikeinDenver said:
I tried out the L3 at Larry H Miller. Unsure if they close the gates at night. If they don't it should be accessible 24x7. Although because it is right in front of their office I suspect it will be iced a lot.

Edit: Looks like this one is not on the list. I found out via plugshare. It is the Larry H Miller Nissan off C470.

I believe that one was probably missed because I didn't have the SAE Combo filter turned on. That station was incorrectly showing as combo only before.

WOW! 2 more EVgo units popped up. Jax Fort Collins and Jax Lafayette. Getting excited about being able to end range anxiety. Can't wait to see what other sites they have in store.

Back