Official Infiniti LE thread - early 2017, 60 kWh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
Nope. Since we were discussing Acura, I'll use that as a reference. In the MDX, the infotainment and navigation system, torque vectoring, SHAWD, safety systems, adaptive drive, just to mention a few, are heads and shoulders over anything that Infiniti offers in their comparable vehicles... Not to mention that Acuras have far better reliability and resale value... Other than the G35/37 (and lately they have ruined that too), I've never seen an Infiniti that I would even remotely consider...

wantonsoup said:
TomT said:
Infinitis are also very old technologically compared to Acuras and others in segment
What could you possibly be talking about? Nissan/Infiniti is not my favorite brand but they are on the cutting edge of technology more than any other mainstream brand by a country mile.

Lol Acura and Infinitis latest infotainment systems are both equally awful. The dual screen setup is terrible. They're both about the same on tech though, neither really raises the bar like the Germans.

I thought all ICE was old tech.

Speaking of which - recently listened to a talk on IOT by an elevator company architect - who says they have a motor running their elevator in a NY building from more than 100 years. All kinds of things have been replaced - but not the motor.

“An all-electric Tesla rival is still planned for Nissan’s premium Infiniti brand in 2018 with batteries as big as 60 kilowatt-hours (kWh), more than twice the energy capacity of the LEAF, which is due for replacement the previous year.”

http://insideevs.com/infiniti-le-coming-2018-60-kwh-nmc-battery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not the LE, but the slideshow at the link may foreshadow the final design.

I continue to hope Infiniti will add lightness and efficiency to the LE, rather than just loading up the LE with a half-ton of batteries, to increase range.

There are dozens of cars packed into the LA Convention Center for the LA Auto Show. Infiniti’s sleek, sexy concept is by far the prettiest.

Infiniti calls the Q80 Inspiration, making its North American debut here after being seen in Paris last month, a “statement of intent” that hints at the styling and technology of future models. We call it gorgeous. The car is just a bit more than 16.5 feet long but just 52 inches tall at its highest point, giving the car a sleek, athletic profile that telegraphs speed. The result is an elegant, stylish sedan that looks futuristic without looking silly. Yes, the suicide doors, V-shaped rear window and “silver beverage flask” (seriously) probably won’t make it onto production models, but the strong shoulder line and fastback shape almost certainly will.

The features and aluminum and carbon fiber monocoque, with the same materials used on the body. That enormous grille is active; it opens at lower speeds to maximize cooling and closes at higher speeds to improve aerodynamic efficiency...

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/infiniti-q80-inspiration-concept/#slide-id-1649279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quote:
<...snip...> (inductive charging) will be available as an inbuilt solution in the premium segment cars by 2015, with Infiniti LE EV being the 1st vehicle to offer it as an option. <...snip...>
http://reports.pr-inside.com/first-ev-to-have-an-inductive-r4157769.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is not something I have any interest in and is a solution looking for a problem IMHO... I see no point in substituting something that is less efficient, heavier and more complex for what currently exists... In any event, if the LE ever DOES actually come out, it certainly will not be next year, or even the year after that...

DanCar said:
Quote:<...snip...> (inductive charging) will be available as an inbuilt solution in the premium segment cars by 2015, with Infiniti LE EV being the 1st vehicle to offer it as an option. <...snip...>

DanCar said:
Quote:
<...snip...> (inductive charging) will be available as an inbuilt solution in the premium segment cars by 2015, with Infiniti LE EV being the 1st vehicle to offer it as an option. <...snip...>
http://reports.pr-inside.com/first-ev-to-have-an-inductive-r4157769.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That article is using information released in 2011/2012. The LE doesn't exist right now. And it's not coming out next year.

I read every auto blog and 5 car magazines a month. Find me an article saying the LE is coming out next year, written in the last 6-12 months.

DanCar said:
Andy Palmer's statements are
1) released before 2017
2) only delayed a little bit
Everyone is being pessimistic, based on official statements.

Andy Palmer - gone to Aston Martin (former Nissan-Renault VP and EV "dude")
Mark Perry - fired over LEAF battery debacle of late 2012 (former LEAF manager)
Billy Hayes - left for a Toyota distributor in southeast USA, closer to,where he lives (former LEAF manager who replaced Mark Perry)

Any promises or grandiose plans from any of these guys is LOOOOOooooong gone.

Latest news is that LE is coming in '17 (as a MY18) car - as the title says.

evnow said:
“An all-electric Tesla rival is still planned for Nissan’s premium Infiniti brand in 2018 with batteries as big as 60 kilowatt-hours (kWh), more than twice the energy capacity of the LEAF, which is due for replacement the previous year.”

http://insideevs.com/infiniti-le-coming-2018-60-kwh-nmc-battery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My guess is it will come out close to when Leaf 2 comes out - with enough differentiation from Leaf and as a direct competitor to Model 3.

Infiniti LE is as much a "vaporware" as Tesla Model 3.

Umm, baloney. Tesla Model 3 is discussed by the company constantly. Infiniti stopped talking about the LE almost as soon as they announced it.

If the LE is to be based on the next-gen Leaf, you've got quite a wait on your hands.

TonyWilliams said:
... Any promises or grandiose plans from any of these guys is LOOOOOooooong gone.
They aren't promises. They are about plans the company has. Because key people leave does not mean the plan changes. Delays are common but plans typically remain after key personal leave.

evnow said:
Latest news is that LE is coming in '17 (as a MY18) car - as the title says. ...
The news is based on Andy Palmer's statement and is not what he said. He said it would come out before 2017, when he said it would count in the power 88 plan.

Back