Phoenix Leaf Owners Range Chart

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, forgot to add. Regarding jumping, I was actually wondering if the Leaf itself could be jumped if the 12v battery was below charge to allow it to turn on?

BooKittyLeaf said:
So, What is the best way to go for the OBD Blue Tooth thing (OBDC?) I saw quite a few. Any recommendations for what works best, like to get LeafSpy when it comes to iPhone, so would need to work with both. I understand to get one with v1.5, and NOT v2.1 Looked at some of the units descriptions - none listed v numbers - how would I tell before purchase?

I am favoring the Vgate ELM327 as I have read it can be easily modified to turn on/off with the car. I like that.

iOS requires WiFi adapter.
The Bluetooth ones are for LEAF Spy Pro on Android.
It also supports WiFi adapters.
So to work with both you need WiFi adapter.

TimLee said:
BooKittyLeaf said:
iOS requires WiFi adapter.
The Bluetooth ones are for LEAF Spy Pro on Android.
It also supports WiFi adapters.
So to work with both you need WiFi adapter.

Not sure I quite understand.

My iPhone has wi-fi and Blue tooth.

To use Leaf Stat, it did say I need a WiFi Adaptor (didn't notice that before). I searched but couldn't find anything - do they plug into the OBDII someplace?? any recommendations on a "system" like
OBDII plug in =
Wi-Fi Adaptor =
iOS App = Leaf Stat
what else would I need?

BooKittyLeaf said:
... I searched but couldn't find anything - do they plug into the OBDII someplace??
Plug in the same place.
I have not bought one yet, but may so phone can record data while charging from inside the house.
The LEAF Spy Pro thread lists one or two, a fairly recent addition for it to support WiFi.
They are a lot more expensive than Bluetooth cloned adapter.
But some are much faster and have power use management built in.
Leaf Stat thread probably has lots more info.

Did a quick search for Leaf Stat - nothing popped up. can you direct me there?

I looked up some Wi-Fi OBD2, that is the way to go for Leaf Stat and Leaf Spy I guess. There are many of them, need a recommendation for a good one that will work and hopefully has some kind of power management - on/off switch or something

BooKittyLeaf said:
Did a quick search for Leaf Stat - nothing popped up. can you direct me there?

It is on page 2 :?

KJD said:
LEAFStat will run on iPhone and it will tell you about battery condition. Not all the detail of Leaf spy, but still a good app to have.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=16670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yup... my Bad :oops:

I was really looking for a short list of OBD2 wi Fi units that were known to work with the leaf & LeafStat.

I searched but ended up back here (my own key word). Skimming through the Leaf Stat post I didn't come across what I was after. I see lots of OBD2 Wi Fi units - I like this one
Gosin Vgate Icar Iv350 Wifi Elm327
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVHJYA6/ref=asc_df_B00IVHJYA63386141?smid=A38T0I2K8AZMF1&tag=pgmp-393-97-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B00IVHJYA6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But after reading about the Blue Tooth ones with V1.5 working & some v2.0 not - Im looking for recommendation for a good Wi Fi unit

Im after a shortcut way to find the right one quickly so I can use it while my 2015 Leaf is still "NEW" to get a "Starting Full Charge Gid reading"

Back