ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be tempted to double-park the Smart cars (2 fit in a parking space, right?). Probably not entirely legal, but it does free up a parking space while not having to hunt for a place to put the car you just moved.

drees said:
Get a car2go membership and use it to move cars if needed.

rcyoder said:
I'd be tempted to double-park the Smart cars (2 fit in a parking space, right?). Probably not entirely legal, but it does free up a parking space while not having to hunt for a place to put the car you just moved.

drees said:
Get a car2go membership and use it to move cars if needed.

nothing illegal about double parking as long as you are within the lines

drees said:
Get a car2go membership and use it to move cars if needed. Then call them up and tell them why you moved it and they swill refund your session.

+1

I go to that location by Mission Bay and move at least 2 of them, I have a membership just for that. I've also moved them at Spanish Landing & Balboa Park.

Fred

This is what I saw this morning when I got to work. They dumped all the snow from the top level of the parking garage on top of the charging stations.

72849.jpg

So if it appears your "ICER "(new word) is gonna be there for awhile or makes a habit of parking where
it's not supposed to here is a simple solution.

Car Dollies

http://www.tooltopia.com/merrick-machine-m998002.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp6820788&gclid=CInV5s7HzMUCFdcSHwod9D8Auw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quick Lift Floor Jack

http://www.tooltopia.com/sunex-tools-6613a.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And yes the jack handle makes the perfect tool to beat the feces out of them if they want to start something while you are in the process of "relocating" the ICE Bucket, (that's what ICER's drive).

We use them in car collections and show rooms, perfect for handily moving 6K pound unwanted objects around like Super Man with the push of your hands, floor jack recommended for speed. Set each dollie next to each wheel, place jack front and back for speed and away you go.

Also get yourself a set of coveralls with some fictitious towing company logo on it to look official, and they better not be clean, that would point you out. :)

O, yea, don't try this on a hill, otherwise you may not get your car dollies back.

Almost forgot, here is the good part about Auto Dollies, a.k.a. Car Dollies

Features and Benefits:

The Auto Dolly is placed under each tire of the vehicle, making the vehicle a rolling cart that will now roll in any direction with ease, even sideways :? , just hang around to get a video watching them scratching their head wondering just where did I park my ICE Car. The large roller bearing casters make it simple for anyone to move the vehicle in any direction.

The standard caster contains a mar-resistant polyolefin wheel that also features a crown profile. The crown profile wheel means less rolling resistance in contact with the ground. The wheel profile also helps to pinch small debris out of the path, rather than coming to a screeching halt.

Allows one person to move a vehicle in any direction (even sideways). Two people are recommended, for the extra set of eyes.
Weight capacity: 1500 lbs per Dolly (3000 lbs. pair; 6000 lbs. set of four)
Facilitates shop order and easier, more complete floor cleaning.
Free up precious floor space in your shop or garage
Auto Dollies work with automobiles, trucks, boats, trailers, lawn mowers, jet skis, motorcycles, airplanes, and most heavy vehicles that are illegally parked.
Made in the U.S.A.
Set of 4 Dollies

Enjoy

Yeah, those dollies would work great IF the surface is smooth like a showroom floor! Those tiny wheels aren't going to take much of a pebble to stop them in their tracks.

The Rules are very Simple. If you Do Not Need a Charge then Park with the Gas Burning Cars!

Please don't be an #EVHOLE

http://www.EV-HOLES.com
https://youtu.be/tLwML_5vNcg

evholes.jpg

evhole.jpg

gashole.jpg

icehole.jpg

#ICEHOLE #GASHOLE #ICED #ICEDbyEV

I regret not taking my first shame photo this morning. Our local McDonald's has two adjacent EV parking spots with free L2 charging, right in front. A Mercedes had parked diagonally, blocking both spots. The driver was chatting away on her phone so I gave her a short toot. She looked surprised, gave me a scowl, then slowly pulled out & away. In hindsight, I should have parked elsewhere and come back to snap the shamepic.

Occasionally there are unattended ICE vehicles parked there, usually briefly. So far I have resisted the urge to hang the charger cable on their rear view window.

erco said:
I regret not taking my first shame photo this morning. Our local McDonald's has two adjacent EV parking spots with free L2 charging, right in front. A Mercedes had parked diagonally, blocking both spots. The driver was chatting away on her phone so I gave her a short toot. She looked surprised, gave me a scowl, then slowly pulled out & away. In hindsight, I should have parked elsewhere and come back to snap the shamepic.

Occasionally there are unattended ICE vehicles parked there, usually briefly. So far I have resisted the urge to hang the charger cable on their rear view window.

It seems as though Merc and BMW drivers are the worst offenders for this type of stunt, the one where they block two spots. I was lucky, this morning I wanted to charge and found a big red, not EV, truck parked right in front of the one that I wanted to reach. I didnt want to take up another spot from a Tesla so I parked next to the truck and was on my way. They either, don't care, don't know or do it on purpose. I hope it never the latter.

and NO, I don't not want to post a note on their car that is aggresive like calling someone a "EVHOLE". A polite, "oh shoot, it looks like you mistakenly parked in a charging spot. These are not parking, but Charging spots. They are not for Electric or Gas car owners to park in, they are charging only spots. It's cool, next time you'll know. Why don't you check out the super deals on used or NEW electric cars, they are great fun to drive."

IMG_20171208_073026322.jpg

IMG_20171208_073045653.jpg

DuncanCunningham said:
and NO, I don't not want to post a note on their car that is aggresive like calling someone a "EVHOLE". A polite, "oh shoot, it looks like you mistakenly parked in a charging spot. These are not parking, but Charging spots. They are not for Electric or Gas car owners to park in, they are charging only spots. It's cool, next time you'll know. Why don't you check out the super deals on used or NEW electric cars, they are great fun to drive."

A "polite conversation" I had with a lady that ICEd a spot resulted in her screaming at me and "my privilege". It was a 2 bay EVSE, I had one, came back to get my popcorn bucket and she was in the other. Had her window down I mentioned while pointing to the giant "EV Charging Only" sign that EV meant electric vehicles and this is like our gas station. Also ended up with the entire driver side of my vehicle keyed from back bumper to driver door on the same evening.

So no, I don't talk to these a$$holes anymore. I put a HUGE sticker on their window. They know. They just don't care. And when you try to let them know, now you're the bad guy that is causing all their world's problems.

2k1Toaster said:
DuncanCunningham said:

A "polite conversation" I had with a lady that ICEd a spot resulted in her screaming at me and "my privilege". It was a 2 bay EVSE, I had one, came back to get my popcorn bucket and she was in the other. Had her window down I mentioned while pointing to the giant "EV Charging Only" sign that EV meant electric vehicles and this is like our gas station. Also ended up with the entire driver side of my vehicle keyed from back bumper to driver door on the same evening.

So no, I don't talk to these a$$holes anymore. I put a HUGE sticker on their window. They know. They just don't care. And when you try to let them know, now you're the bad guy that is causing all their world's problems.

My point being proven by your experience. It rarely works to engage with those types and you can never know if they are that horrible. People are jerks the world over and EV ownership doesn't make a jerk any less of one. The only way to end this has been discussed over and over on this forum but one thing I know, engaging someone who pulls this stunt is not going to be polite to anything but the most humble and meek approach, and even then not, or a ticket from law enforcement. I think the latter is the only way. If charging stations where inconvenient to walk to and from it would be helpful too. Being placed so close to building encourages abuse.

I'm sorry about your encounter, I've been at the loosing end of people who treat others in this way enough to stay clear.

DuncanCunningham said:
2k1Toaster said:
DuncanCunningham said:

My point being proven by your experience. It rarely works to engage with those types and you can never know if they are that horrible. People are jerks the world over and EV ownership doesn't make a jerk any less of one. The only way to end this has been discussed over and over on this forum but one thing I know, engaging someone who pulls this stunt is not going to be polite to anything but the most humble and meek approach, and even then not, or a ticket from law enforcement. I think the latter is the only way. If charging stations where inconvenient to walk to and from it would be helpful too. Being placed so close to building encourages abuse.

I'm sorry about your encounter, I've been at the loosing end of people who treat others in this way enough to stay clear.

I tend to think they put them so close to keep an eye on them, they have a lot of money invested in the charging stations, don't need them vandalized or destoyed, just my 2 cents.

If you're in South Orange County (CA) the charging stations at the Mission Viejo Mall are free to use, just an FYI.

It bears repeating, the only thing that curbs illegal parking is aggressive towing. If people's worst fear is that they will get a ticket the situation is more conducive to just parking wherever it's most convenient.

LTLFTcomposite said:
It bears repeating, the only thing that curbs illegal parking is aggressive towing. If people's worst fear is that they will get a ticket the situation is more conducive to just parking wherever it's most convenient.
+1 Agreed. Without authority it's just an argument.

My favorite is the ICE vehicles that put the charge cable under their hood. They are likely just confused as well.

Back