an EV blog for the Kootenay region of BC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achewt

Hello all, I started a blog a few months ago and have kept most of the posts relevant to my local region, the Kootenays of BC. I am located in the West Kootenays, and there is very little infrastructure to speak of and pretty much no EVs. I am the only Leaf owner that I am aware of, and have met three other Volts and one Smart EV. So, I am writing in an attempt to bring about more awareness of EVs and their capabilities in my region.

Anyways, I thought I would share my latest blog post here in the event some of you are interested. Ski season has started, which means I will be doing the same trip many times throughout the winter, which should allow me to build up some data that can be compared.

http://kootenayevfamily.ca/skiing-and-a-christmas-tree/

I have done some advocacy work as well in my area and would love to network further with anyone from Sun Country Highway, or people who have helped advocate/install chargers in their town, as I am trying to jumpstart some infrastructure build-out in the West Kootenays.

Cheers,
Andrew

Hello, Andrew

I live in Saanich BC (incidentally, we have a fairly good EV group here in Greater Victoria victorialeafclub.com) and am planning to visit the Kootenays this late spring, early summer. So, I will be checking your blog.

Good of you to do advocacy. We are doing so here on Vancouver Island, and it is having an impact. What I am noting is that communities that have strategically-located free charging stations (many of ours are at recreational/library facilities where there are coffee shops (while waiting that 20-60 minutes), and walking opportunities (to stretch one's and one's pet's legs). Malls here are also putting charging stations in; but my experience is that most are not heavily used. What that is, I am trying to understand; as here, we would like to promote charging units primarily for TRANSIENT use, as most locals can do all their charging at home.

Back