New York: New CHAdeMO in Westchester and Putnam Counties

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see the Greewich CHAdeMO on the Merritt Parkway are active. Otherwise, it is hard to find local DCQC, and plugshare is useless, because it's cluttered with coming not too soons.

How many of these sites are actually active?

gNmO2hm.jpg

Many of the so-called coming soons have been that way for over six months. Plugshare needs to stop accepting coming soons, or allow people filter them out.

The answer breaks down to

West side of Hudson, four coming soons and two active (one Holiday inn and one Dual-standard 24 kW at a BMW dealer).
Westchester + Putnam counties: Nine coming soons and one site, a Nissan dealer, that apparently is listed in error (only L2).
Connecticut: 2 active

The BMW location you have on the map is Combo only. That's actually BMW's HQ, not a dealer.

Most of the Coming Soon locations in Westchester and CT are being installed by IPPSolar. The vast majority of them are already installed, not sure what the hold up is with activating them. They got one working in Stamford CT before winter set in (although no one on PlugShare has reported being able to successfully charge there yet). I'm guessing they're waiting for Spring before they activate the rest.

The dealership in Mount Kisco was listed as having CHAdeMO at the same time as a number of other dealers that are installing them this week or installed theirs last week. Therefore I'm confident that they'll be getting theirs soon, too.

Not sure who put up the ones on the thruway - Based on that newspaper article they should be active by memorial day. If anyone on here takes a trip by those service centers please stop by and comment on Plugshare about construction if possible.

I put the Thruway ones up on PlugShare. I think it's helpful to have the "Coming Soon" locations so we can monitor progress. Drivers should always read the description and comments before committing to charging at any particular location they find on PlugShare, even if they've previously charged there successfully!

michapok said:
Not sure who put up the ones on the thruway - Based on that newspaper article they should be active by memorial day. If anyone on here takes a trip by those service centers please stop by and comment on Plugshare about construction if possible.

I pass those rest stops somewhat regularly traveling between Syracuse and Carmel. Trust me, I will be making a point of stopping through to check them out next time I do. If nobody beats me to it, I'll be sure to post pictures.

I drove by jim harte Nissan in mount kisco ny and looks like they broke ground for chademo charger. Will be stopping in there this weekend to confirm. will post later. By the way Bruce Bennett Nissan in wilton just got there's and it is great to have.

It is confirmed level 3 quick charger going in at jim harte Nissan in mount kisco. It should be running by the end of the month.

I'm not really complaining, but I'm puzzled. Why do these chargers all over New York and Connecticut take so long to install? I see the equipment in place in lots of locations, and months later they still aren't running.

Charger up and running at jim harte Nissan mount kisco ny. Anybody know about any plans for level 3 charger in Danbury ct?

The IPPSolar Efacec-brand CHAdeMO stations seem to be NRG EVgo as of this morning. Most of the stations that IPPSolar originally planned were never installed (AFAIK) and a few were even installed and then ripped out a few months later, never having been turned on. This is a positive move, as the few stations that IPPSolar did get installed and running have been broken for months. Hopefully EVgo will continue to install stations in the area, including at the locations IPPSolar previously announced.

DanburyLeaf said:
DC Quick chargers now activated on merritt parkway in Greenwich ct.
At which service plazas?Both Northbound and Southbound?
To help frame everyone's reporting of new ChaDeMo chargers, here is a list of the CT15 service areas from South to North

(Merritt Parkway)
GREENWICH Northbound past exit 27 (which is #54354 on the Plugshare ChaDeMo map)
GREENWICH Southbound past exit 28
NEW CANAAN Northbound past exit 37
NEW CANAAN Southbound past exit 38
FAIRFIELD Northbound past exit 44
FAIRFIELD Southbound past exit 46

(Wilbur Cross Parkway)
ORANGE Northbound past exit 55
ORANGE Southbound past exit 56
NORTH HAVEN Northbound past exit 63
NORTH HAVEN Southbound past exit 64

Can anyone help with the following other "infosphere" issues? (If computers don't see the stations they might as well not be there)
Which Charging Network are they on? (Chargepoint? EVGO?)

How brand new / activated-for-the-first time locations get added to sites like
http://www.chademo.com/wp/usmap/
http://www.plugshare.com
https://na.chargepoint.com/charge_point

Anyone willing to go to plugshare and click "add a station"?

Back