San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw signs on the 15 that the Miramar transit station is now open. Anyone been by to scout for chargers?
Considering they put 5 in along with 2 supers at the Escondido transit center and a few at the Sabre Springs parking structure I'd imagine they have plans for this one.

is it ok to charge at the dealership ? 240 volt.. do you need to ask or just plug in ? anywhere else is free in san diego ?

downforceusa said:
is it ok to charge at the dealership ? 240 volt.. do you need to ask or just plug in ? anywhere else is free in san diego ?
Always ask. If you've never been there or you are relying on the charge, best to call ahead. In general, never just plug in. I would modify that for a dealership where you know their policies or for charging equipment that takes a payment card, (I figure the fact that it takes the card implies permission) although it never hurts to ask even in those situations.

Some workplace charging is free, like at Qualcomm (if you're a visitor or employee there), but in general plan on having Blink and EVGo cards at least.

So it looks like Santa Ysabel is back online - I drove by over the weekend and saw the stations were on after having been off for a couple months, though Plugshare's last report says the QC didn't work and appeared to have been vandalized.

I know that it was taken offline because of high demand charges. Anyone know the back story here?

Also, Best Western Escondido also appears to finally be back online as well... Very curious!

Randy said:
Sent you a PM...

Santa Ysabel is indeed back on and in-service....
Looks like you can start the DCFC with the mobile app (if you have service), but the screen(s) are out and there is no contract with the host to pay for servicing. :-/

" Thomas K. (Blink Network, A Car Charging Company)

Dec 24, 2:44 PM
Hello Jamie,

It has come to our attention that the Blink EV charging station located at MJ - Santa Ysabel are in need of service. However, in the absence of an established service and maintenance plan for such station with the host, we are unable to schedule the necessary service. Due to the end of the EV Project and in the interest of safety, customer service, and to avoid incurring any unnecessary fees on services being performed, it is imperative that we establish an appropriate service program with the owners of the units.

As you may already be aware, in October of 2013 Blink underwent a historic transition from parent company ECOtality to Car Charging Group. Since the acquisition we have been striving to improve not only customer relations and reliability, but to also transform the EV community for the better.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our Blink support line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (888) 998-2546 or at [email protected]."

Since the CPUC settlement a few years ago, eVgo has always been willing to site DC Fast charging stations for free to the site host. That's how we have the ones installed here in San Diego, and eVgo has goals per the settlement to get these units installed.

But they spend a lot of time choosing the locations, with lots of criteria.

Having said that, I don't believe a station in Santa Ysabel that far away from the bulk of local EV travel would be of interest to them. There just isn't enough traffic for it to pencil out...

Two new eVgo DC Fast Chargers are now on-line in Santee at the Santee Trolley Center property. They are just to the east of Phil's BBQ. There are Chademo and CCS plugs and the units look nice. They're made by BTC Power and take credit cards and eVgo membership cards....

Attachments

• Santee 1.jpg
    Santee 1.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 26
Randy said:
Two new eVgo DC Fast Chargers are now on-line in Santee at the Santee Trolley Center property. They are just to the east of Phil's BBQ. There are Chademo and CCS plugs and the units look nice. They're made by BTC Power and take credit cards and eVgo membership cards....
I used the same charger for the first time in San Clemente at the Ocean View Plaza Shopping Center this weekend. A couple notes on these stations:

1. You have to touch the screen with your finger, then select the plug you are using, then scan your card. This was non-intuitive for me for some reason, I kept trying to scan my card first and was baffled as to why the screen didn't do anything.
2. They are limited to 100A. I'd have to guess that these are also the same. This didn't affect my LEAF much as it was capped at 100A only until about 40-45% SOC which only lasts about 5 minutes on my car. After 30 minutes still got to 80%, but that's only about 10 kWh DC energy at most now that I'm down to 7 bars.

Back