Menu Options / Key Remote Enhancement Request

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YZA

I enjoyed being able to configure my 2013 Leaf to not beep or honk whenever I lock or unlock the doors with the remote. This is a good way to be a nice neighbor when your Leaf is parked outside. I may work late, return from travel very late, or most commonly I get up very early to work out before work. These are all wonderful times to avoid annoying my neighbors with beeps.

But the charger beeps are a different matter. I have not yet found a way to silence them.

I don't understand why, in a car that has a timer to allow charging in the middle of the night when rates are lower, the car must beep whenever the charging situation changes. There's just about guaranteed to be no owner present/awake, and there's just about guaranteed to be others affected by those beeps. And when I come home late, or leave early after charging, I must endure beeps to connect or disconnect the EVSE. These beeps are not really absolutely necessary.

This is additionally strange to me when one considers that the charging LEDs have pages of diagrams in the owner's guide describing the fairly complete set of status information the LEDs can convey. The LEDs do fine, even without any beeps.

I would like to see a programming update for the 2013 Leaf that allows me, or the dealer, to silence the charging beeps. This allows each driver to choose whether they want them or not -- just like the security beeps on the door locks -- and avoids any need to cut wires etc. under the dash.

Thank you. My light-sleeping neighbors thank you, as well.

While I agree with you to be courteous as possible for your neighbors, I think that may be a little too sensitive. What happens when you back up and the back up warning beeps activate? Or buy a matching color Harley to go with your car? I'd worry more about keeping barking dogs quiet and cats from scratching paint jobs. ;)

Ditto with Evoforce. Who cares about a beep... It tells you that you have locked the car correctly. If it does not beep, you know that something is wrong (e.g., a door is open, you left the engine on, etc.). The beeps is what makes it fun to have a Leaf.

Back