Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction March 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
Got a note from Nissan today.

They are
willing to give me big money for (my car)
$7000 less reconditioning. haha.

I got a good laugh. At this point I may be one of the last to still hold onto my early 2011. It's paid for and I'm sure we'll eventually purchase a new battery for it, since it does not look like we will qualify for one under warranty. Probably only 3 bars lost at 5 years. Fortunately my wife only uses it for local errands and her 10 mile drive to work.

<snip image>

Black Book Value is pretty much the same as the auction pricing, so this matches the posts from Manheim Auctions.

edit: oh, and I scratched off the hologram and it had three stars which indicated I was a winner. In the small print there was a website that showed what I won instead of going into the dealership, and guess what...I won $1000 off of any new car purchase.
Don't you feel lucky, knowing that you''ve been specially selected? :lol:

evnow said:
cwerdna said:
Huh? Are you talking about the total cost of lease for a 3 year lease on a '13 Leaf SV w/both packages? If so, that was complete fantasy land in Cailfornia by the time I leased, even w/the $2500 CVRP.
Actually, $6,500 = $2,000+36*$125. This was originally 24 months, extending by 1 year. Something good about a down payment.

I got VPP + Loyalty discount.

that is a great deal but not unusual. I got an S with Charge in Dec 2013 for an effective price of $8336 which was zero down, $245 a month but also received refund check from dealer for $240ish but I have 15,000 miles which is an additional $1350 and the lease extension after the down payment in your case is nearly a freebie since a regular 3 year lease would have had higher payments.

your deal would have been better if you had chosen the 10,000 mile option (if that would have worked for you)

Here are the results of this weeks national wholesale auctions for the 2011 LEAF SL:

Leaf-wholesale-Manhiem-10-08-15.jpg

So, based on your March 2016 data, would you say for a 2011 Leaf SL with 52k miles - potentially worth $5k ? i.e. say if I was trading in at a Nissan dealership?

mxp said:
So, based on your March 2016 data, would you say for a 2011 Leaf SL with 52k miles - potentially worth $5k ? i.e. say if I was trading in at a Nissan dealership?

Considering they sell at 5k at an auction, it seems you should expect 3.5k tops on a trade-in, unless the dealer is inflating the trade-in but making money in some other way. I did speak with someone who was offered 5k for his low-miles 2011 at the time he was purchasing a Model X, he refused and is now trying to sell it privately for $7,900, there is not much interest in the car he says. I thought he should have jumped on that offer, especially considering he is not getting a free battery under warranty.

Interesting. In my case, I won't make it for the 5yr/60k replacement either. I am just looking at alternative options at the moment.

Valdemar said:
mxp said:

Considering they sell at 5k at an auction, it seems you should expect 3.5k tops on a trade-in, unless the dealer is inflating the trade-in but making money in some other way. I did speak with someone who was offered 5k for his low-miles 2011 at the time he was purchasing a Model X, he refused and is now trying to sell it privately for $7,900, there is not much interest in the car he says. I thought he should have jumped on that offer, especially considering he is not getting a free battery under warranty.

mxp said:
Interesting. In my case, I won't make it for the 5yr/60k replacement either. I am just looking at alternative options at the moment.

If the car no longer works for your commute you can try selling it privately, given enough time I think there will be a buyer for $6k give or take.

Thanks for posting this information OrientExpress. I'm beginning the search for a 2011-2012 Leaf and wondered if you would be able to upload the most recent auction pricing for 2011s? Thanks!

Thanks OrientExpress :D

At least its an order of magnitude better than the one from March that showed retail falling below $1,000 in March 2017 :eek: :!: :roll:

Orient Express,

Do you think you have the auction data for 2015 SV Leafs? My local dealer has a used SV and I want to find out if the price he is asking for is appropriate.

Thanks for all of your help OrientExpress. I'm still looking to purchase a 2012 Leaf and have found a few contenders. Can you provide 2012 wholesale values or maybe even an update for the 2011s? Thanks in advance!

I wanted to follow up as this was a very helpful thread when trying to price vehicles.

I just purchased a 2011 SL for $5,500 private party. Below are the details for other potential Leaf buyers.

80,000 miles
10 bars
Quick Charge port
Great interior and exterior condition
Tinted

Back