sub3marathonman
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2012

Sometimes can't edit my post

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:33 am

OK, I did search, and came up with the thread "When is "Last Edited" shown" but my question doesn't really follow that topic.

What I'm wondering about is why I can at times edit a posting, and at other times not edit it? According to the referenced thread, people can edit their posting almost immediately, so there doesn't seem to be an edit waiting period. I try to enlarge the screen to see if I'm not moving the mouse to the right place, but the other options always show up, and the "Delete" option seems to cover the little pencil (edit) option.

So what am I doing wrong?

wxxyz

Re: Sometimes can't edit my post

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Can you send me a link to a post (PM or post link here) that you can't edit (next time it happens) and then I'll log in and check what is happening....

I wonder if it's in a certain forum only (like the vendors forum etc?)

Thanks,
Mike

sub3marathonman
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2012

Re: Sometimes can't edit my post

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:52 am

Here is a link to the latest one I couldn't edit:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18905&start=310

Apparently I could report it or quote it, just not edit it. The little " symbol then becomes a larger clickable Quote " box, the delete acts similar, but there is no way to click on the little pencil. (At one place within the quote I had bolded some words, and I forgot to add "(bold added.")

Strangely, it had been that I couldn't edit for a long time, then suddenly I could edit and I thought everything was fine, and now it is back to not being able to edit. I am using Internet Explorer 10, so that may be part of or the entire problem.

Thanks for the help, and sorry about the delay in responding.

p.s.: I'll try to edit this one too, if I can I'll make a notation.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”