FS 2011 Leaf with new battery $8,990

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What all the warranty babies don't understand yet.. is that the Leaf will be a million mile car.
Look at any decent ICE car.. they are all making 300K miles ( if the engines are cared for) and meanwhile the rest of the cars
are just rolling along nicely.

doors aren't falling off or anything !

now subtract all the ICE crap.. and do your predictions.

Every time a new battery comes out... these cars take a leap into the future.
Certainly the case with addition of a Lizard Battery to a gen 1 car.

All the rest is "opinion" and you know what those are like :

Anybody smart enough to match a car to it's use.. and select an EV
Is Smart Enough to know if a high effiency heater.. or a faster charge time Is Part of Their PERSONAL NEEDS.. or NOT !

This asking price is on a par with similar cars.. where you are playing Replacement Lotto !

--- I cant find a 13 SV with all those options for less than 10,200 and most 1k over that.. with average 26K miles
in SF Bay area.--

Good offering if it suits your needs.

blimpy said:
What all the warranty babies don't understand yet.. is that the Leaf will be a million mile car.
Look at any decent ICE car.. they are all making 300K miles ( if the engines are cared for) and meanwhile the rest of the cars

Although the Leaf has been pretty reliable, there is always the chance that an expensive part will fail (e.g. on-board charger, master cylinder, brake booster, heater).

Examples:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=431488#p431488
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=435530#p435530

There have been a few heater failures.

blimpy said:
That's if one wants to keep pouring money into the car, once replacements are out of pocket.
blimpy said:

Is Smart Enough to know if a high effiency heater.. or a faster charge time Is Part of Their PERSONAL NEEDS.. or NOT !
Heater efficiency is directed related to range in cold weather unless one wants to freeze in cold weather. Also, my hybrid heater produces warm air by the time I back out of my garage onto the driveway w/o any preheating. I don't think anyone w/the '11 or '12 w/the water-block resistive heater can say that.

And, has been pointed out '11 has no heated seats, unless equipped w/cold weather package (not sure if that was available much at all in '11). And, it has no heated steering wheel.
blimpy said:
This asking price is on a par with similar cars.. where you are playing Replacement Lotto !

--- I cant find a 13 SV with all those options for less than 10,200 and most 1k over that.. with average 26K miles
in SF Bay area.--.
As I said at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19362&p=430825&hilit=saga#p430825, my '13 SV w/premium package was $9,325 + tax and license w/under 24K miles, built 5/2013.

Before that used car dealer scored and got lucky w/pick up my car for cheaper than expected, he said he my price would $10K (cap) or lower on such a car.

Before that (as I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=429492#p429492), I passed on a $10.5K '13 SV w/premium and only 12K miles. He eventually sold it for $10.5K.

We are about to enter 110-mile range on Leaf 16; Soul delivers consistent >90 range as well ... and ... we are 1 year or so away from a 200-mile and up EVs with up-to-date tech, B mode, heat, etc.

Why investing in going backward? For the newbies it's a great car. They've not been "there" yet. For the electronauts, it's a big yawn.

This is a "for sale" thread, in the forums designated marketplace sub forum, if you want to debate about what year/trim is your favorite, please have respect for the OP and start your own thread in the correct sub forum. To do otherwise is just plain rude.

To the OP, good luck with the sale, I know if I had not bought recently, I would give your car serious consideration!

Firetruck41 said:
This is a "for sale" thread, in the forums designated marketplace sub forum, if you want to debate about what year/trim is your favorite, please have respect for the OP and start your own thread in the correct sub forum. To do otherwise is just plain rude.

To the OP, good luck with the sale, I know if I had not bought recently, I would give your car serious consideration!
agree!

Wow! I'd take it if I didn't already have mine! It would be a great in-town car for around here. The nearest DCQC is 85 mi, the next nearest is 120 mi, so most people wouldn't need the QC option.

Mx5racer's 2011 leaf arrived at my house in Arizona this morning.

I was considering buying a 2011 or 2012 that would drop its 9th bar in time for a new battery. When he listed his for sale, I thought I may as well get one that just had the new battery installed, as the outcome is the same.

I would only consider a 2015 because I know that none of the other year batteries will hold up in this heat. The 2015 may not either -- every time EVofForce posts an update I worry that the 2015 battery is as bad as the previous year's batteries.

So the reasons I bought this car:
1. Good price with a nice list of upgrades
2. Brand new 2015 battery
3. Don't need QC. Had my last leaf for 1.5 years and never used public charging (including L2) except for the night before we did the Phoenix Range Test with Tony Williams, and just did that because the QC was there and I wanted to try it. My wife will get the car and her commute is 20 miles round trip. We live in Central Phoenix and everything is close. Overnight charging in the garage will be fine for our needs.

Kudos to Mx5racer for working with me on this sale. It created more work for him than a local sale would have.

leafkabob said:
Kudos to Mx5racer for working with me on this sale. It created more work for him than a local sale would have.
Great to see two MNL members complete a successful transaction - let us know how the car holds up in AZ!

leafkabob said:
The 2015 may not either -- every time EVofForce posts an update I worry that the 2015 battery is as bad as the previous year's batteries.

Given that the just announced 2016 MY's 30kWh pack capacity warranty is 3 years/40,000 miles longer than that of the 24kWh this concern has its merits.

Million mile car? You obviously don't live in a cold climate state that salts roads.

blimpy said:

in SF Bay area.--

Good offering if it suits your needs.

leafkabob said:
Mx5racer's 2011 leaf arrived at my house in Arizona this morning.

I was considering buying a 2011 or 2012 that would drop its 9th bar in time for a new battery. When he listed his for sale, I thought I may as well get one that just had the new battery installed, as the outcome is the same.

I would only consider a 2015 because I know that none of the other year batteries will hold up in this heat. The 2015 may not either -- every time EVofForce posts an update I worry that the 2015 battery is as bad as the previous year's batteries.

So the reasons I bought this car:
1. Good price with a nice list of upgrades
2. Brand new 2015 battery
3. Don't need QC. Had my last leaf for 1.5 years and never used public charging (including L2) except for the night before we did the Phoenix Range Test with Tony Williams, and just did that because the QC was there and I wanted to try it. My wife will get the car and her commute is 20 miles round trip. We live in Central Phoenix and everything is close. Overnight charging in the garage will be fine for our needs.

I think you got a fantastic deal! 6 months ago it cost me $12,800 for a 2011 SL with lizard. I am really glad for the quick charge port on my car though... still what a great deal...

Evoforce said:
I think you got a fantastic deal! 6 months ago it cost me $12,800 for a 2011 SL with lizard. I am really glad for the quick charge port on my car though... still what a great deal...

Thanks, we are loving the car so far.

There is a part of me that wishes it had the quick charge port, but based on my experience with my first Leaf, I know that it is very likely that I will never need it. Our weekday commute is simply too short, we don't go out at night much, and on weekends our trips are short and spread out enough that the blink in the garage works fine.

Back