Easy Climate Control Fan-Only Solution - 5 cents, 5 mins

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put my order in as well. Getting a new (lizard) battery soon and will be keeping my Leaf for a long, long time!

Got mine today. Tested all the pins and they all check out. Installed it and it works perfectly! Thanks so much for putting this together. I really like mods that use the existing wire harnesses and for that price it's not worth doing it yourself!

I received the kit on Nov 24th like everyone else via Priority Air Mail. I Installed it today and it works perfectly.

Installing only took fifteen minutes. Removing the center console is easy. Disconnecting the connector plug from the back of Climate Control module took a little longer because mine is a little tight. I had to disconnect the top Hazard switch connector to get better access to the back of Climate Control module.

I routed the kit switch through a small opening in the bottom and it came out near the foot area of driver's side. The cable is long enough to wind it around the center console below the 12V DC cigarette lighter outlet.

Its was 52 degrees outside. Turned on the fan with kit switch on Mode# 1. Fan did not turn on heat and Energy Usage monitor showed no Climate Control consumption. Even in Fresh Air mode with AC on, there was no energy consumption. This is amazing! Since 2013 (I have a 2012 SL), I've been wanting this option every time my windshield fogged up.

I wish I would have ordered Tor's LED light bulbs as well. I am sure they are better than the ultra cheap Chinese ones I ordered from eBay that started flickering after a year.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Tor for this inexpensive, non-invasive, kit. Planning, designing, ordering, website, shipping, responding to everyone's questions and PMs, used your time and resources.

You did this as a Non-Profit service for fellow LEAF owners. Something that Nissan should have done. My thanks to everyone else who created earlier DIY mods as well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone! Do my apologies if I'm writing to wrong topic.

Is there any circuit to run heater with switched off car (like it does timer or Carwings).

I'm living in Ukraine, and I cant use carwings, and I can't use heater remotely. And winter is coming. I suggest to make some bluetooth (or sms etc) device which can run heater remotely. The device isn't a problem, but the problem is how to turn on the heater?

Thanks to the authors in this thread! Here's my take on a Method 2 installation on a 2011 Leaf:
DSC_6444.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/csbdwmcdn/

If there's sufficient interest, I could package this particular switch and wires as a kit for about $10-$15, for shipping from USA. No tools required, no soldering, no crimping, no permanent modification to the car (the switch cover that gets taken out can be stored under the center console, ready for re-install when the vehicle is returned from lease).

Thanks for bumping this thread, I've been meaning to pick one of these harnesses up but I had lost track of it. I just placed my order.

With the late spring/early summer weather upon us, it will be 90F one day and 65F the next. I set the A/C to about 75F during the hot days, but the next day, this kicks on the heat! It's really annoying! This simple but brilliant solution is just what I need!

It works great! I had Tor's hardness on my Leaf before I turned it in (I removed it then and gave it to someone else)...

jkline said:
I just placed an order for the wiring harness mod. I'll keep everybody posted how it works.

TomT said:
It works great! I had Tor's hardness on my Leaf before I turned it in (I removed it then and gave it to someone else)...

jkline said:
I just placed an order for the wiring harness mod. I'll keep everybody posted how it works.
Yep, it's residing in my '12 SL, very easy install. IMO this mod is a must for anyone with a pre '13 Leaf :)

TomT said:

jkline said:

I usualle reserve my "hardness" to women,... :p

There are more tips&tricks on how to install the kit in this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20446

And for those who needs to remove the kit at the end of lease can get a replacement blank cover from their Nissan dealer or online for about $ 15 using partnumber: 68492AX000

I've lived with my 2012 Leaf's "unusual" heater logic for a year and half - in South Texas (never need the actual heater with the great seat and steering htrs). Watching the energy monitor, adjusting controls to minimize the obvious heater draw is quite distracting!! I wonder if others have missed this very informative and useful simple mod(s) - especially for us in the secondary market . I did similar mods on my 1984 Corvette to offset the F/A ratio of the throttle body injectors - a bit simpler then with all discrete components.

Kudos to member BetterLeaf. Appears he/she dropped out of the forum? Anyone know if there is contact information available for this member?

I plan on making the #2 mods - just makes sense for me.

I used "Method 1" on my 2011 to keep the heater from wasting power. Under moderate temperature conditions, the heater would sometimes draw power when A/C was cooling so I kept the resistor in place all year unless I needed defrost. I would buy Tor's plug and play kit if I still had the 2011. Here is a link to the plug and play thread: http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20446#p434884

Marktm said:
I've lived with my 2012 Leaf's "unusual" heater logic for a year and half - in South Texas (never need the actual heater with the great seat and steering htrs). Watching the energy monitor, adjusting controls to minimize the obvious heater draw is quite distracting!! I wonder if others have missed this very informative and useful simple mod(s) - especially for us in the secondary market . I did similar mods on my 1984 Corvette to offset the F/A ratio of the throttle body injectors - a bit simpler then with all discrete components.

Kudos to member BetterLeaf. Appears he/she dropped out of the forum? Anyone know if there is contact information available for this member?

Betterleaf is just my webshop. If you need to contact me I am available via this forum or the e-mail-adresse on the webshop site.

I have had some problems in my personal life lately so I have not been able to progress as planned, but I will give support via e-mail and phone.

Best regards,

Tor

Marktm said:
TorC said:
Betterleaf is just my webshop. If you need to contact me I am available via this forum or the e-mail-adresse on the webshop site.

I will give support via e-mail and phone.

Best regards,

Tor

TorJ;
Can you provide the cable/switch as described on your website?

Sorry for the very late reply,

Are you Jan? If so; I thought I have sent you e-mails, and sent you a harness.
If you are not Jan: Try complete an order on the website, or contact me via the e-mail at the bottom of the page. I am not allowed to write the e-mail or phone on this forum, but all is accessible on the webshop.

Marktm said:

I am still here, but have been absent for a while. Harnesses have been shipped out despite my lack of responses on the forum.

I few good news: I am FINALLY getting ready to get the ad-on ready. It has been a pain, and 6 months delay. Even though the actual end result is easy it has been a difficult. The kit will not be perfect, but due to cost it is not possible to get the perfect kit. Within a few weeks I will upload a "installation video" on my Leafmanleaf youtube channel. And a few weeks after the I will open for preorder on my betterleaf webshop.

Price for the add-on will be about 10 USD + shipping.

Back