Wholesale value of the 2013 Leaf @Auction-March '18

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked at my latest lease bill, and my residual appears to be...$21.4k. I know I got a low payment at the expense of a high residual, but I would have sworn that it was a $20k residual after two years. I'm going to have to look into this! I got a modest bequest recently, and I'm hoping to buy the car by using the $6k (?) residual reduction offer, paying $5k myself, and financing the rest. Does anyone know if NMAC is offering the rumored 0% interest financing on lease buyouts now? If not I might have to turn my car in and look for one at auction, for 2/3 of what it would cost to buy mine...

Here is the snapshot of '14 S, SV, SL Wholesale Auction Actuals.

2014LEAF-S-12-30-15.jpg

2014LEAF-SV-12-30-15.png

2014LEAF-SL-12-30-15.jpg

Thx for the info. Pricing on 2014 SL's looks great. Lease residual on my early 2013 SL is $18.5K so even with a $5K incentive I see little reason to buy the car at the end of my lease (3/2016). I've also lost 2 bars which is making it pretty difficult to use the car for anything but local trips.

My 2013 SV has all 12 bars, but the residual is $19k. A purchase deal for a 2015 SV just fell through, so I'm thinking I'll buy an SV at auction, after surrendering mine next May. What a shame.

Motarra said:
vsb said:
Can some one post current 2013 wholesale auction prices too please. Thanks.

OrientExpress can you post model year 2013 wholesale data when you have time. There are very few 2014's for sale out there. Thanks!

I can't post image but from Manheim today the results are:

2013 Nissan Leaf
Actual Average Auction prices week ending 12/28
In Average Condition,;
S=$8,748 w/20,872 miles, 150 cars sold
SV=$9,958 w/20,598 miles, 48 cars sold
SL=$12,717 w/21,843 miles, 12 cars sold

As Nissan wraps up production of the LEAF based on the B-Platform, I expect that the residuals of all 2011-2016 LEAFs will continue to be low. I think that you will find some handsome deals on pre-owned and new 2016 LEAF SV & SLs next year.

Report below details the recent large decline in resale values of all fuel efficient cars, due to falling gas prices.

The story also illustrates the trend that the more efficient the vehicle, the greater was the price decline.

The LEAF's very high relative efficiency was reflected in the 2014 and early 2015 rapid drop in resale value.

In fact the price decline overran the fundamentals, and there has been a return to sanity, an actual increase in used LEAF prices, since ~mid-2015.

Cheap gas hits hybrid, EV residuals

Beware! Falling gasoline prices are hitting the residual values of used hybrids and electrics -- hard. The influx of used small cars set to return to the market over the next few years is going to make matters worse...

Over the last six months to a year, though, there has been an uptick in the Leaf's value, Ibara said. "It may have reached a place that was so low people decided, 'Hey, this is a good bargain,' and dealers were buying it and finding they could sell it. This uptick we're seeing with Leaf perhaps is a return to sanity."...
http://www.autonews.com/article/20160130/OEM05/302019987/cheap-gas-hits-hybrid-ev-residuals

More on the recent rise in used LEAF values here:

No falling LEAF values — here's why

The car whose late-model auction values showed the most positive change during the fourth quarter?

According to a Kelley Blue Book analysis, it was an electric vehicle: the Nissan LEAF.

This took place, even amid gas prices that tumbled more than 14 percent.

Specifically, KBB Auction Values on model-years 2012 through 2014 LEAF vehicles were up 3 percent in Q4 from where they were in the third quarter...
http://www.autoremarketing.com/trends/no-falling-leaf-values-heres-why

While I wouldn't expect used LEAF values continue to increase (barring a significant increase in gasoline prices) it is beginning to look like the market value of my LEAF this Spring will be sufficient to result in my total cost of ownership after five years to be lower than for any comparable ICEV, hybrid, or PHEV, as I expected when I bought it.

And of course, I expect my LEAFs cost for the next five years to be lower than they would be for a comparable five year old PHEV/PHEV.

I think the prices of 2012 Leaf where high i November, but now they have dropped back to normal:
Code:
 	             Above	Average	Below
Sale Price	$8,200.00	$6,145.00	$3,000.00
Odometer	88,730	28,995	5,695
Total Sold All	 	100	 
Earliest - Latest Date	01/27/2016	—	02/03/2016

At some point, fundamentals support the price. You get people out of the market focused on resale and bring people in looking at impact on personal cash flow over multiple years.

Back