Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody had their batteries replaced yet under the new warranty against capacity loss? I got down to 8 out of 12 bars a few weeks ago, and I will be dropping my LEAF off at a dealership to have them check it and order new batteries. I was just wondering what to expect.

skippycoyote said:
Has anybody had their batteries replaced yet under the new warranty against capacity loss? I got down to 8 out of 12 bars a few weeks ago, and I will be dropping my LEAF off at a dealership to have them check it and order new batteries. I was just wondering what to expect.

I haven't, but one of the Tucson dealer people commented to me awhile back that if I knew someone who got down to 8, that they shouldn't bring it in instantly that day because if it was very borderline, the check might show it momentarily as back up to 9, and that would cause inconvenience of having to go through the whole process again later on. However, it sounds like you have already given it a waiting period.

I will be curious to hear more as to your experience on this.

jlsoaz said:
skippycoyote said:

I haven't, but one of the Tucson dealer people commented to me awhile back that if I knew someone who got down to 8, that they shouldn't bring it in instantly that day because if it was very borderline, the check might show it momentarily as back up to 9, and that would cause inconvenience of having to go through the whole process again later on. However, it sounds like you have already given it a waiting period.

I will be curious to hear more as to your experience on this.
Never believe anything you hear from the dealer. This has been illustrated time and again on this forum. The bars are very slow to move and there hasn't been any report of them flickering back and forth (they must have some hysteresis). The sooner you bring it in, the sooner you will be bringing in the replacement (on your dime). Get as much out of the battery as you can (keep driving it until you are either near the end of the warranty or it no longer gets you where you need to go).

I just got a call from the dealership yesterday. Nissan will cover the replacement. They are ordering the batteries, and it should take a week or two for them to come in. Now I just need to get to BFE (Avondale) to pick it back up so I can drive it again until the batteries come in. I didn't want to wait any longer because my lease will be up soon. Nissan offered $5000 off the residual value if I want to buy it, but the offer is only good through the end of June (unless they extend it, but I don't want to depend on that). If my range seems significantly better after the replacement, I'll probably buy my LEAF. I'm down to about 60 miles of range per charge, which is cutting it close with driving to work, home, get kids, home, go to school, home. After the fall semester, I'll be done with school and the commute will be much shorter.

inphoenix said:
Is there any place in Phoenix Metro area where I can rent a leaf for couple of days?

I don't know any more. I went to look into this myself a year or two ago when I was visiting there, and it didn't work out. Enterprise used to rent some in Tucson (so I tried them in Phoenix) but that didn't work out. (I don't remember who I talked to or what agency, but the only PEV I could find to rent that day was a Model S, and I couldn't afford it, so I let it go).

I suggest try:

Relay Rides? I think there is at least one person renting out a Volt up there, I"m not sure about Leafs (though I do know of one person renting out a Leaf in Tucson via this mechanism).

Jim stACk (president of the EV association there). He tends to be aware of some of the lowdown and may be able to help. I will PM you his address.

inphoenix said:
Is there any place in Phoenix Metro area where I can rent a leaf for couple of days?

I called around trying to find a place to rent a LEAF when my 2011 was crunched. I was unable to find any EV to rent so ended up driving a gas burner which cost me in fuel and time (no carpool lane access). As noted in a previous post, Enterprise used to rent them but not any more.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
inphoenix said:

I called around trying to find a place to rent a LEAF when my 2011 was crunched. I was unable to find any EV to rent so ended up driving a gas burner which cost me in fuel and time (no carpool lane access). An noted in a previous post, Enterprise used to rent them but not any more.

Gerry

Gerry,

Thanks to Jim I was able to obtain the following info for a Leaf Rental. Sharing it here as it may help some others.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/enterprise-rent-a-car-tempe-14

https://relayrides.com/car-rental/phoenix/nissan-leaf/102776

- Advice. Finding leaf drivers

Hey Everyone,

Many users have been advising me not to post this request on a public forum, so I decided to take this down and keep it vague. PM me if you want to read my post. Or if you read my post before I took it down and have advice.

Sorry if this is confusing to everyone, but I don't know how to completely delete this post.

Jonathan

I may not have written my post clearly but the plan is to keep the car under 60k. Thanks for the advice not to post this on a public forum. I have remove the content.

The only charging station between Flagstaff and Phoenix directly on the I-17 is at the Anthem Outlets.

Going from Flagstaff to Phoenix is going downhill quite a lot of descent.

I’m curious how far people are able to get going down the hill?

Thanks

Back