Leaf Spy Lite

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI in the about section I have LeafSpy Pro 1.0.10. on IOS 8.3
It will be a few days before I charge again. I do not charge at home.

Thanks.

mjblazin said:
FYI in the about section I have LeafSpy Pro 1.0.10. on IOS 8.3
It will be a few days before I charge again. I do not charge at home.

Thanks.
No problem I can wait.

One thing, you should really be posting in the "iOS LeafSpy Pro Support" thread not in "Leaf Spy Lite". LeafSpy Lite is the free android version of LeafSpy and you are running the Apple iOS version LeafSpy Pro. That is why I thought you had LeafSpy Lite.

Since you have LeafSpy Pro it would also be helpful if you enabled Logging in addition to enabling Trace ELM.

For Logging settings use:
Enable Data Logging = ON
Sync Interval = 2 sec
Append YYMMDD to file name = ON

Then send me the Log_xxxx.cvs and TRC_xxx.txt files after you try charging again. You will need to use iTunes to get access to the files.

The iOS version does not currently run in the background so LeafSpy must be in the foreground. You can't switch to another app or back to the Home screen as LeafSpy will be suspended by iOS if not in the foreground.

Yup, I am frustrated about getting the right version of OBD2. 2.1 version was already sent to me after a long wait from China and it was supposed to be a 1.5. Looking for 6-9 dollars including shipping, arriving to my house soon, able to operate two at the same time without conflict(2 cars), super mini size, and Bluetooth. Also, without virus's on the software disk. Can anyone point me in that direction please?

Edit: 8/9/15

Finally got a good ones at Amazon from China vendor Sannysis that works and was exactly what specifications I was looking for and they work!

Evoforce said:
Yup, I am frustrated about getting the right version of OBD2. 2.1 version was already sent to me after a long wait from China and it was supposed to be a 1.5. Looking for 6-9 dollars including shipping, arriving to my house soon, able to operate two at the same time without conflict(2 cars), super mini size, and Bluetooth. Also, without virus's on the software disk. Can anyone point me in that direction please?
The Konnwei KW902 is the only one I can recommend. Version numbers are useless as most manufacturers from Asia just make up their own numbers the higher the better. You need one with a PIC processor to have the best chance of it supporting the ELM commands need for the Leaf. The official ELM version 2.1 command set supports all the commands needed for the Leaf just like version 1.5 did but the ones from Asia are not official.

You can not ask them if their adapter supports the Leaf as they have no idea what that means.

Anyone making a recommendation has no control over what is on the disk that comes with it. For LeafSpy you don't need anything on the disk and can throw it away.

OK, thanks for your help. I was hoping to find one that matched the criteria that I was looking for. Super mini and shut off, cheap and in the States. Have you done a purchase since Jan 2015? I have read in few forums that no one is having any luck and more than 20 sellers have been polled. Of course, many sellers have different names even though they are the same vendor. Speak EV forum, out of the UK, says they have a vendor there, but I was hoping to find one in the States. Since they all originate from Asia, it seems like a long spin on the roulette wheel.

I'm stepping into the waters for the first time, here. I ordered the OBII port extension cable and Bluetooth dongle suggested by the EV Wiki, now I'm trying to decide on a phone for both the car and my personal use. Is the Moto G 3rd generation phone with Android 5.1 compatible? I have Virgin Mobile, and lots of account credit for a new phone, but very limited options. If it isn't, can anyone suggest a good older phone I can buy used on Craigslist or Ebay that will work well?

^^^^
See page 2.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14284&p=324985&hilit=walmart#p324985

In September 2013 many were using this:
Turbo3 said:
mwalsh said:
mkjayakumar said:
I bought the OBD adapter. Given that I only have an iPhone, now can anyone recommend a simple inexpensive Android phone that I buy off of Amazon that will reliably work with this App and tool?

Kyocera Event:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24357305?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227018239936&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=25411795116&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=50623489356&veh=sem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Currently cheaper at Walmart than off Amazon (though it has been seen on Amazon for as little as $39.99 before today).
+1 I use the Kyocera Event for development.

The device does not have to be activated with the carrier to work with LEAF Spy.

But it is two years later now and there may be better choices now.

Just to be clear: the phone can be configured to a carrier like Virgin Mobile, but can can still be used without activating it? If so, I think I'll just pick up a new Event for $25 and use it as a dedicated device.

LeftieBiker said:
Just to be clear: the phone can be configured to a carrier like Virgin Mobile, but can can still be used without activating it? If so, I think I'll just pick up a new Event for $25 and use it as a dedicated device.
Yes, that is what a lot of people particularly iPhone users have reported doing till LEAF Spy Pro was developed for iOS.
I have not done it myself.

You will have to search for details on how to get the app from the Google Play Store without the phone being activated.
I don't remember the details but it is discussed either in this topic or somewhete else on MNL.

LeftieBiker said:

Without cell contract you just have to log onto WIFI at home or at a business to download the leafspy app and once you have the app you can turn off data and wifi and just use bluetooth for the OBDII if you want to save power (turning off the data radio will save power).

Turbo3 said:
Actually this bug is mine in that the graph was hardcoded for a max difference of 10 degrees.

However, Gary is correct that the next release will fix this (auto scaling up to 30 degree difference) plus the negative temperature bug which will also handle down to -30 degrees.

Follow up on this issue, I have the latest version v0.30.22 en and still saw the same issue.

c0zyChPZCUmFk0T9-glbUVZoLTfSeJEJYcMZqp8zFztqzO0l8ORRDNfSDenEWaNUihzOp11LQ25Q0crs0FpRv_h1nDwZsO7NFLomeMM_C06KLa8EZrNFil9vucl0wXANWd8_EmO7ekXM2_-MYocBLwkhxttJFN-WRkYxBOVVYqwtLyUl33XYp7ugy1umEnzGQZwI07lIQYO6CjcUChe6kU-w4sc5I0kMfwGSM0bVMjoNBYnku2UJBQj9CzyJaTRJzojLWi9pbXOv9VhZhQYv17wJ40rPkBoC0mf1P2LOSnhyaZa0pZ8UjtQl14IX_5uwTdf_Yb33T6eIzBwZcjHThN5cwTWq6xphvLM3eXJfFQiW6NcxyS4lQITWcQSWyHkiSId24A5PRML2fO043tJTWAHl89cjduHSmSlBZBsS_Xss-16F-JD2zZxmuaia2ykz6dvLprvjYQTz1bKHQR4GwRsog3s_QtTBMPWqFYknWkb_t6T0ItHMQ8isuOQQfePyAi5aTG3zFvovQYzA6pWhzRFpxVl8ZhFTSfUz4KKm2vfTfpxcxb4M_REScoy-qBBQZtH7=w959-h799-no

danwat1234 said:
Is there not a Leaf Spy lite version for Iphone? Just pro? argh

You spent 5 figures on a car and you're complaining about spending $20 once on a piece of software to help you maximize the efficiency of driving it?

I believe so, except 4 figures. Android has a lite version. Would use it primarily to test a used Leaf before buying.

Can someone post the steps of pairing the Konnwei KW902 with Leaf Spy Lite. I've tried it every which way without it showing up on my device list. I am running android on a dell streak 5. Bluetooth is enabled.

danwat1234 said:
I believe so, except 4 figures. Android has a lite version. Would use it primarily to test a used Leaf before buying.
I think Jim did the right thing to not provide a free Lite version.
Probably should not have done it for Android.

He has provided a wonderful product for the LEAF community and deserves compensation for his efforts.

Is there any list of vendors selling ELM327 adapters with genuine parts purchased from ELM incorporated?
I know that ELM electronics ducks that question at their FAQ http://www.elmelectronics.com/faqs.html

Q: I do not want to buy an ELM327 scantool with a clone chip in it. Can you provide a list of customers that use genuine ELM327 chips in their product?
A :No

But maybe someone is selling genuine parts to the leaf community?

I have leaf spy working on kindle fire and BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices both from amazon. I installed spy lite first as i had the obd laying around since 2013 and never used it. I bought a different one with a display for what i need on my 07 durango. anyway these 2 items seem to work fine. will post data as I'm struggling with the data. thank you for this forum... new to leaf purchased thursday to replace 14 prius plug in coming off lease...

Hi, is there a section in the forum to better understand the data from leaf, connect ev and leafspy?

on leaf I show 11/12 bars --- 68miles range in drive 75 miles in Eco

the iphone app for Carwings/connect EV shows 12/12 bars 59 miles range with fan indicator on 68 with it off

the internet PC page for connect EV says 100% charged 12/12 bars 59 range fan on 68.5 fan off

leafspy

90.1% SOC
16.4 kwh
47.62 ah
0 wh
69.4 degree F
212 GIDs 75.4%

bat sts = 52.85 SOH= 80% Hx= 63.44% 392.5V 0.0A
my vin odo=36535 2QCs & 1653 L1/L2s

min/avg/max = 4.080 4.093 4.099 (19mV)
temp 69.4 68.5,68.4,67.5
12.80V -085A

any help in understanding would be appreciated...

Back