Wholesale value of the 2013 Leaf @Auction-March '18

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what my old Leaf went for at auction, but it is for sale at CarMax for $9998. Less than 27k miles and in "like new" condition according to the guy who did the pre-return inspection. Lost its first bar only a month before I returned it.

RonDawg said:
I don't know what my old Leaf went for at auction, but it is for sale at CarMax for $9998. Less than 27k miles and in "like new" condition according to the guy who did the pre-return inspection. Lost its first bar only a month before I returned it.

Which one is it... ?

Here are the February 2016 Wholesale auction actuals for all 3 trim levels of the 2013 LEAF

2013_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_02-09-16.png

2013_LEAF_SV_Wholesale_02-09-16.png

2013_LEAF_S_Wholesale_02-09-16.png

bigbearballs said:
I found a 13 SV with 29k for $11.5k. That's decent, right? It has quick charge port.

Based on the above charts, that's $200 above estimated retail - can probably do better. looks like that car would sell for $7500 at auction, so at $11500 thats $4k in profit, so there should be room for negotiation.

I was looking at a couple S models where the guy just buys them at auction and marks them up a bit. one was 8k, the other 8500.

bigbearballs said:
I found a 13 SV with 29k for $11.5k. That's decent, right? It has quick charge port.

I also just found a '13 SV with QC and premium for $11.5k Registered and maintained in Northern Virginia which I think plays in its favor for less battery degradation from the heat.

12 bars and 25k miles. Tires at 7/32nds. I even like the color!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

Although... I do have a quote for a new 2015 SV with QC for $24.5k (so $17k after tax credit). It's tempting with the 0% interest...

juice13 said:
bigbearballs said:

I also just found a '13 SV with QC and premium for $11.5k Registered and maintained in Northern Virginia which I think plays in its favor for less battery degradation from the heat.

Although... I do have a quote for a new 2015 SV with QC for $24.5k (so $17k after tax credit). It's tempting with the 0% interest...

Did you buy it?

bigbearballs said:
juice13 said:
bigbearballs said:

Did you buy it?

Should get the used 2013 tomorrow hopefully. LeafSpy and OBD adapter at the ready for final battery health confirmation. I'm hoping for 12 strong bars SOH number, let's say over 88%. 87 and below and I'll have to mull it over.

Dealer (mobile home in gravel lot does not exude confidence) just bought a truckload of Leafs at the last Georgia Mannheim auction and is charging/cleaning them and waiting for the titles and Nav SD cards.

I will say he does price them to move and only buys 12 bar cars. He also advertises the exact trim levels and option packages which is appreciated.

Oh and the 2015 price was the usual car dealer sales tactic. Actually closer to 27k out the door. I guess they forgot to tell me about the $1000 dealer installed options and the $700 doc fees.

juice13 said:
bigbearballs said:
juice13 said:

Did you buy it?

Should get the used 2013 tomorrow hopefully. LeafSpy and OBD adapter at the ready for final battery health confirmation. I'm hoping for 12 strong bars SOH number, let's say over 88%. 87 and below and I'll have to mull it over.

Dealer (mobile home in gravel lot does not exude confidence) just bought a truckload of Leafs at the last Georgia Mannheim auction and is charging/cleaning them and waiting for the titles and Nav SD cards.

I will say he does price them to move and only buys 12 bar cars. He also advertises the exact trim levels and option packages which is appreciated.

Oh and the 2015 price was the usual car dealer sales tactic. Actually closer to 27k out the door. I guess they forgot to tell me about the $1000 dealer installed options and the $700 doc fees.

Let us know and let us know if we can get in on that action.

bigbearballs said:
juice13 said:
bigbearballs said:
Let us know and let us know if we can get in on that action.

Got it, but not sure if I can recommend the dealer. Too many little things that I thought would be with the car (charger bag, floor mats) I felt I had to argue for inclusion in the price. ($11.7k including everything but state specific fees/taxes/registration/inspection)

And the car wasn't washed as expected and is still missing the SD card for the Nav that is 'in the mail'. I paid for the premium and haven't even heard the Bose stereo yet!

They were good about test driving any of the dozen Leafs on the lot and the paperwork took all of 5 minutes, so let's call the experience a push.

SOH of battery has gone form 89% to 87% in just a few days. I'm going to post about it for advice. I'm on the way to losing a bar quickly!

OrientExpress, Could you please publish the latest March 2016 Wholesale auction actuals for all 3 trim levels of the 2013 LEAF? I'm in the mists of negotiating for a 2013 LEAF SV and the latest wholesale auction data would be most helpful!

Thanks for posting these. This is making my 2013 SL with 20k miles and premium package I'm in the process of buying for $13k look pretty good. I hope it holds its value for a year as the forecast is showing.

Interesting that it's showing the S trim losing $1500 in value in a year, with the SL holding steady and the SV losing only $250. Is that because there are just so many of those compared to the SV or SL? I know I've had a hard time finding an SL for sale in my area, especially one with the premium package.

NADA study showing 2013 LEAF resale value is higher as a % of MSRP than all other competitively priced BEVs tracked, the Ford focus, Fiat 500, and Smart FORTWO.

Higher % for RAV 4 and Tesla S, both due in part to the fact that incentives make up a lower % of their higher MSRPs.

In Tesla's case, 2013 buyers also rarely received a significant discount from MSRP, and Tesla has not cut (effective) prices as much as all other BEV manufacturers have in the last three years.

As in many of these studies, what should be in the lede (quoted below) is buried in the text:

Alternative Powertrains: Analysis of Recent Market Trends & Value Retention

...Please note a vehicle’s rate of depreciation — and ultimately retention — is in part a product of the level of discounts when new. As such, MSRPs do not include any incentives or rebates available at the time of purchase...
http://img03.en25.com/Web/NADAUCG/%7B8d7bfc3f-a015-4f88-bd2e-260680cec41f%7D_201604_Alternative_Powertrains.R.pdf

Does anyone have the dealer license needed to go to the Manheim auctions in the Portland, OR area?

I'd like to see what Leaf's are available there, but it's a dealer only auction.....

Pete.

This thread is amazing.

I'm on the hunt for 2013 and ran into a Ma and Pa operation with a dealer license that goes to Leaf auctions. He sounds like an EV evangelist and was the most knowledgeable Leaf seller I have ran into. He said he could send me info on upcoming auctions and I could choose the one I want and he'd go bid on it. Sounds like some people on here paid a $500 markup for this kind of service. Is that reasonable? We are in CA so cost of living a bit high, but it would be great to pre-negotiate his markup. He is selling a 02/13 build date 12 bar S with QC & camera for $8,900 now so I don't think he's gouging, but I bet I could get an SV of my choosing around that price.

Also, he says he can "pre-bid" before he sees it and then if it's not as advertised turn it down on pickup. The auction details show how may bars so he will only go for 12 bar cars, but I'm dubious of a reset. So I'm trying to get him setup with LeafSpy so he can check the battery before accepting it, but not sure he'll do it. Anyone have experience with this?

OrientExpress said:
Here are the October wholesale auction actuals for a 2013 LEAF SL.

2013_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_10-27-16.png

Just got $16k for my 13SL on trade with 25,000 kms towards a new 16SL.
Prices are obviously higher here, but I feel anything with a 24 KW H battery will drop like a rock in 17
Haven't received the new vehicle yet, still under wrap somewhere east of Vancouver, yet to confirm the manufacture date as Sept/16 (important!) ;)

Back