Official Tesla Model 3 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'token of appreciation' for early Tesla Model 3 reservation holders goes out

patiently waiting by the mail box for mine ...

http://electrek.co/2016/06/19/tesla-model-3-reservation-holders-token-appreciation/

wp_20160618_13_47_29_pro-jpg.181438

Ya know. I love my Leaf. But there's something about this Tesla company that shows they are by far, doing everything, in every way, better than anyone else in the EV game. And they are just getting started!

Go Tesla!

PS Okay, now is the time, Nissan, to make that move and sell me on your newest and greatest. I love your product. But there's something better. Really, really better. Don't wait 'till 2018.

Oh heck Nissan sent us first owners a T-shirt and a little model car in a display case.
I still have both if someone wants them.

Of course Nissan did not have quite as many reservations. ;)

finman100 said:
Ya know. I love my Leaf. But there's something about this Tesla company that shows they are by far, doing everything, in every way, better than anyone else in the EV game. And they are just getting started!

Go Tesla!
Sure but as I've posted here and elsewhere essentially this:
It kinda "helps" that Tesla bleeding $ all over the place, having lost over net $2 billion since it's been publicly reporting financials. As I've posted many time elsewhere before, as a Car and Driver column once stated, any car company can build a great car given a huge cost/budget, but when it has to be competitive and also be profitable, eventually, so there are compromises. (e.g. you can't sell a $100K Nissan Versa or a $10K Lamborghini).

I need to find to the time to put together a spreadsheet so that I have an accurate tally as to at how far into $2.x billion in losses they've incurred to this point.

Bleeding money is different from making massive investments into future production. If Tesla was satisfied with being a niche manufacturer of $100k sedans and SUVs, they could be making money now. But they're massively investing for a much larger run rate of Model 3s, and that requires investment.

garsh said:
Bleeding money is different from making massive investments into future production. If Tesla was satisfied with being a niche manufacturer of $100k sedans and SUVs, they could be making money now. But they're massively investing for a much larger run rate of Model 3s, and that requires investment.

+1!

Also the expansion of the power company aspects.
Tesla isn't just a car company, although they will have more competition for battery backups and solar than they currently do for cars.

other EV makers would do well to "bleed" some cash like Tesla in the name of infrastructure and factory investment and battery improvement. sheesh. i see no one else stepping up and doing the job. (shakes head). bleeding cash is the wrong term, as others have noted.

Instead of HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of reservations for your product, the 'others' wonder aloud why their product is inferior/not selling. And make excuses. Seriously, join the Supercharger network and sell me the new Leaf 2.0 with 200 miles of range and a TMS. I'm waiting... 'till 2018. Then...well, there's this amazing company that has NO advertising and a 'crazy' owner that WANTS to have sustainable transportation. Could be a big deal.

C'mon. Nissan has me. Right now! I love the product. I haven't had ANY issues like some. Not a lot of heat issues here in the Willamette Valley of OR. Plenty of DC Quick Chargers. First EV experience and I will not be a repeat customer of Nissan. They are not investing or improving and WILL be left behind. Better is out there.

I'm sorry but ONE company is all in and attaining the goal of sustainable transportation.

Go Elon!

I never got anything from Nissan. I put down my $100 deposit ASAP. But they didn't start selling them in my area until 2012.

EVDRIVER said:
redLEAF said:
'token of appreciation' for early Tesla Model 3 reservation holders goes out

patiently waiting by the mail box for mine ...

http://electrek.co/2016/06/19/tesla-model-3-reservation-holders-token-appreciation/

It's my understanding that only those that attended the launch event got these....

If by launch event you mean the actual in-person unveiling in CA, no. I just received my sketches in the mail late last week. I simply placed a reservation at a local Tesla store.

redLEAF said:
Can't remember if these were posted elsewhere but nice photos in either case ... still of course the prototype.

That's EXACTLY what my wife wants, a pretty silver one! :D I think its beautiful. Like Elon said, there is not going to be a better car for $35,000. Being an S owner, and putting in my reservation that morning at the Tesla SC, I hope to receive mine by the end of 2017.

finman100 said:

Go Tesla!

PS Okay, now is the time, Nissan, to make that move and sell me on your newest and greatest. I love your product. But there's something better. Really, really better. Don't wait 'till 2018.

latest says spring 2017... but then again, rumor only since Nissan does not do any advance hyping

Back