Crime novelist question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat said:
I write crime novels. I want the main character to figure out something important by using the stored GPS tracking data. My handheld GPSr and my Nuvi both have a tracking option and I know how to retrieve the data from those, but only if tracking is turned on. I've read through my 2011 Leaf manual navigation section and I see how to store destinations and routes and retrieve them, but I don't see a tracking option either to set it or to retrieve it. Does anyone know if the Leaf's nav stores where the car has been (other that saved destinations/routes)? Maybe on later models? My character doesn't have to drive a Leaf in particular or other NIssan. If this option is not on Leafs or other Nissan cars, does anyone know which makes/models do have that kind of tracking ability?

unlike the Prius, the LEAF afaik does not track the movements. but there are a ton of apps that do...or I guess I should say, the LEAF NAV is one of the few apps that don't...

baustin said:
Rat said:
baustin said:
Are you sure there's no bluetooth? I use a Kindle Fire tablet that has Leaf Spy Pro installed on it. I also have an older HP tablet with Leaf Spy Lite installed.
I went back to read the product description and it says it has "built-in bluetooth with support for A2DP" headphones speakers, etc. Maybe it would work with LeafSpy after all. However, I have no idea how make bluetooth work. I don't see a bluetooth icon or app listed. Does this mean I can play audiobooks or music on my kindle through the car speakers without the Aux cable and with the steering wheel audio controls?

The bluetooth options (on mine) are in Settings under Wireless & Networks. Theoretically, you should be able to link the tablet as a media device using bluetooth. I've never tried. I usually leave bluetooth turned off. I get a prompt that enables it when Leaf Spy is started.

I read through the instructions. It looks pretty straightforward. However I'm not sure I want LeafSpy. It doesn't appear useful for the purpose of this writing problem and I drive the Leaf only short distances. Range and efficiency just aren't issues for me.

Rat said:
baustin said:
Rat said:
I went back to read the product description and it says it has "built-in bluetooth with support for A2DP" headphones speakers, etc. Maybe it would work with LeafSpy after all. However, I have no idea how make bluetooth work. I don't see a bluetooth icon or app listed. Does this mean I can play audiobooks or music on my kindle through the car speakers without the Aux cable and with the steering wheel audio controls?

The bluetooth options (on mine) are in Settings under Wireless & Networks. Theoretically, you should be able to link the tablet as a media device using bluetooth. I've never tried. I usually leave bluetooth turned off. I get a prompt that enables it when Leaf Spy is started.

I read through the instructions. It looks pretty straightforward. However I'm not sure I want LeafSpy. It doesn't appear useful for the purpose of this writing problem and I drive the Leaf only short distances. Range and efficiency just aren't issues for me.

LEAF Spy Pro creates data logs that includes GPS coordinates updated every few seconds. you could easily track every movement of the car if so desired as long as the phone is in the car and LEAF Spy is running

Back