SoCal LEAF & EV Gathering - Sixth Year Ended - 20 Aug 2016

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALERT for those who reserved a Model 3:
I just got signed up for a PAID phone interview by a market researcher. He's looking for more participants who reserved Model 3.

If interested, call him ASAP. Here's the info copied from the Facebook contact I received:

His name is Jason Heinl.
I work for a market research company in Los Angeles, CA and i'm hosting a Paid Research Study starting this Monday. - $75 for 20 minute survey over the phone for anyone who has pre-ordered the Model 3. Reach me at (818) 530-1013 if you'd like to schedule an appointment.

Suggested dates for the next 3 months, comments welcome.

------ 75th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #75a: 5 Nov 2016 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #75b: 19 Nov 2016 at the HTB on 17th in Santa Ana for breakfast.

------ 74th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #74a: 8 Oct 2016 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #74b: 22 Oct 2016 at the HTB on 17th in Santa Ana for breakfast.

------ 73rd month Gatherings ------
Gathering #73a: 10 Sep 2016 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #73b: 24 Sep 2016 at the HTB on 17th in Santa Ana for breakfast.

----- End of Sixth year of EV Gatherings -----

Cheers, Gary

25 hours and 17 minutes until our next EV Gathering ...

at the Golden Corral in City of Industry, California. Located 100 yards
South of the 60 freeway, about 4 miles West of the 57/60 interchange.

Cheers ... I plan to pick up boomer at 7 and be to the GC by 8 am.

So yesterday after leaving the meet (and that was a LONG meet!! :shock: ) and sitting in traffic on the 60, we ran across a "fleet" of 3 Mirai's with Longo plates on them :roll:

So as I pulled up next to them I rolled down my window and gave a BIG THUMBS DOWN :lol: :lol: (I heard a few a honks :p )

But as their side caught back up to us, I rolled down my window again and started talking to the guy in the lead car, he said
since they are doing so many test drives and no one is buying, the ONLY PLACE TO FILL UP IS AQMD Diamond Bar so they take them all AT ONCE
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilda and I couldn't believe it.. what a waste of resources, development costs and tax payers $$$ spent on that ugly a$$ car. And still no where to really fill them up...

Their route... 34mi just to fill :roll:

61f81b66262053be5208f04c7f01472b.jpg

fe5c772839931bfaa5bffabb85bf8060.jpg

fa0b3b0fd54ea0746ac57916be996ce0.jpg

Now only if Toyota would have spent the $$$'s that went into that on BEV's instead... :roll:

Ohh right... "nobody wants full electric vehicles"

Wow! I saw you guys checking them out also. I was wondering why there was a convoy of 3 and did not have plates or temp reg. It's too bad they stopped the rav and are doing this.

Wow, Jason, thanks for great report and photos on Toyota H2 vehicles you spotted. I agree they are big waste. I would not have known what I was looking at.

I have posted an update in the Grid Scale thread on the very first Offshore wind farm in the U.S., which will go live in a few months.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=19398&p=467503#p467503

I added another post in the same thread about the crazy politics of taxing wind power in WY.

Strange, apparently I forgot to post about the last Gathering.
We had 18 bodies, with 4 ladies, with a hard-core group of 12 still there around noon.
It seems that being able to turn the music off in the meeting room helps.
Cheers, Gary

Our next Gathering is a week from today, at the Hometown Buffet on 17th Street
in Santa Ana. It is located 2 blocks East of the I-5 freeway. CU there ... but probably
still without my Tesla.

ALERT for current Model S owners. Research study where you'll earn $500 for your opinions. MUST be current Model S owners and prepared to show proof of registration.

Here's the email:

We have another research opportunity for 2012-current Tesla Model S owners. You must be able to show the original registration onsite as proof of ownership. The research study takes place in the LA area and compensates $500 for 2.5 hours. There are limited timeslots available this Thursday – Sunday.

You’ll have a chance to evaluate future concepts as well as current cars on the market. If you own a Tesla Model S and are interested in participating, please email me your contact info and I will call you in order to get you scheduled. PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME DIRECTLY, as there may be too many calls coming in at once.

Best,
Armen

Armen Kasparian | Research Director
15060 Ventura Blvd #125 - Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
[email protected] | http://www.q-insights.com
Direct:(818) 530-1002|Main:(818) 988-5411|Mobile:(818) 205-7096
Fax: (818) 988-4057

Since he who must be obeyed is derelict in his duties…this is a bump to remind those interested that there is a meeting in just under 8 1/2 hours.

I will be bringing a weird non-EV related object that, hopefully, is not dangerous.

Boomer23 said:
ALERT for current Model S owners. Research study where you'll earn $500 for your opinions. MUST be current Model S owners and prepared to show proof of registration.
Thanks for the heads up on this Phil. I contacted them and wound up doing the walk-around cars with the iPad thing yesterday and they asked me to come back today for a focus group. $800 total... woot!

We had 14 at the HTB Gathrring, 4 f and 10 m.
My S85 is still "in the shop", but presumably the painting is done.

I met the owner of our favorite HTB during our last Gathering.
A very nice man, and he wants to bring his youngest son to
our next Gathering there. This son is 73 years old.

Cheers, Gary

Our Sixth Year of Gatherings has now ended.

Plesse see our Seventh Year thread here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22460

The first Gathering of our 7th year will be on September 10th, 2016,
to avoid the Labor Day weekend. We will Gather at the Golden Corral
in the City of Industry, just South of freeway 60, about 4 miles East of
freeway 57.

Cheers, and see you there.

There will be a National Drive Electric Week event at Diamond Bar that same afternoon, Sept 10, noon to 4 pm.

Who's up for going there for a while after breakfast at Golden Corral?

I think most of us are driving up to AQMD after the breakfast... as long as its better then it has been in the past!

And not an empty, dry, hot parking lot :roll:

Back