Anybody need parts off a driver door frame?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cor

I was able to buy a used door for my silver 2011, to replace the damaged, but working, door that I bought the car with.
So I moved the window glass and regulator, the lock and the mirror over as well as the interior trim and have now a much better looking car,
no more wrinkled front edge of the door.
If anyone needs a working door frame with silver skin, door handle, speaker and wiring including the plug that latches into the car's door jamb
then let me know. Pickup in Silicon Valley.

I might remove the speaker, wiring, door handle and the trim around the window as well as rubber seals, if they want to come off, and get rid of the door frame - it is a big obstacle and I have already bumped into it and hurt myself, so it needs to go.
BTW, I also have the two hinges for the door.

I did remove the entire wire harness with the special connector that plugs into the A-pillar, as well as speaker, Airbag crash sensor, lock and door handle.
In fact I was happy that I did not discard the door earlier, because I suddenly realized that after swapping the doors, the mechanical lock with the correct cylinder for my backup-keys was still in the old door.
I love working on my Leaf, it is so well-designed that I did not need to take anything apart, just pop the black cover out of the side of the door, undo the single Torx bolt and you can take the lock out of the door, just pop off the control rod, pop it into the other lock and mount the old lock into the new door to regain access with the existing keys. Good that I kept the door around until I found this out (because one of the FOBs ran out of battery and I wanted to demonstrate how to open the door with the key, and failed...)
I was even able to get the black rubber and plastic trim pieces off the door, it is now only a sandwich of sheet metal that I will happily throw in the metal recycling unless someone here wants it.
Besides the two hinges I also salvaged the door brake.

Back