How do I get CARWINGS to work on a US car in Europe?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Well I was reading this topic once in a while but now it's the time to report something.

So I have successfully switched the US SIM card to European by using AT&T SIM ID.
Now I need to register with the european nissan connect EV service center. When I try to do that in the site it tells me: incorrect VIN.

Any Ideas?

Younio said:
Hi,

Well I was reading this topic once in a while but now it's the time to report something.

So I have successfully switched the US SIM card to European by using AT&T SIM ID.
Now I need to register with the european nissan connect EV service center. When I try to do that in the site it tells me: incorrect VIN.

Any Ideas?

Hi!

Progress, nice! Where did You get this AT&T SIM ID ? In which country You are using it? I'm in Finland, I want to try this also.

-Jaakko

If you want US or Canada car carwings work in Europe, you have to replace car Telematic module (were the sim card is) and Head unit it self from European car. If you know donor car VIN # , you register in France Unit with the vin#. Mine from USA, and it's workin in Liuthuania. Car donor was from UK.

vyautas said:
If you want US or Canada car carwings work in Europe, you have to replace car Telematic module (were the sim card is) and Head unit it self from European car. If you know donor car VIN # , you register in France Unit with the vin#. Mine from USA, and it's workin in Liuthuania. Car donor was from UK.

Great. Any idea where I can get an European Telematic module?

ebay, usualy in UK. Search for car part's selling company. Module should be from the same car as head unit.

vyautas said:
ebay, usualy in UK. Search for car part's selling company. Module should be from the same car as head unit.

Ok. My Leaf is 2010, does it have any specific code or is just 2010 Leaf?

From Nissan changed the telemetry unit with new one using 3G. Has anyone tried that one in Europe or know would that work?

vyautas said:

Hi vyautas,
after replacing the head unit and the telematic module, were they working perfectly (automatically)?
Or had you to go to a local Nissan dealer, to configure/enable the new ECUs in the system?
(I don't mean the Carwing registration, just asking that after the replacement, did the head unit work on the first power on?)
Thanks,

Any luck with changing the head unit from US to Eurpean? According to this topic it can't be easily done: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=16055

Back