chademo protocol is now online

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derdlim

Hello leafers, the (english) chademo protocol is now online.
You can download it for 160 dollar.
Now we can build a 20kw diy chademo charger. :D

http://www.webstore.jsa.or.jp/webstore/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 1&pageNo=0

Link doesn't even work ;)

Anyways, would love to see someone build a DIY solution. Personally, a mobile generator unit on a trailer/truck would by favorite choice, great for EV meetups, or emergency charges.

the link.

http://www.webstore.jsa.or.jp/webstore/Com/FlowControl.jsp?lang=en&bunsyoId=TS+D+0007%3A2012&dantaiCd=JIS&status=1&pageNo=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure why you refer to it as the chademo "protokoll", but for anyone who might actually be interested and searching in the future, changing that to "protocol" might be helpful. Most members here seem to be English-speakers.

Nubo said:
Not sure why you refer to it as the chademo "protokoll", but for anyone who might actually be interested and searching in the future, changing that to "protocol" might be helpful. Most members here seem to be English-speakers.

Sorry, i mix german and english :oops:

I just downloaded it and can confirm it is the full Chademo protocol including a description of the CAN protocol used during the charging session. And while $150 isn't exactly cheep, it's a lot better than the price of admission to the Chademo association formerly required to gain access.

Does it include the "1.0" bits which allow bi-directional capability? I.E. you can pull from the pack without the car freaking out?

I'm suspicious that the latest upgrade from Nissan includes updating the OBC (for '11s and '12s) with CHAdeMO 1.0. Yes, the OBC is the device that does the CAN communication with the CHAdeMO unit, it's in the service manual. 0.9 is the "one way" charging, while 1.0 allows bi-directional capability. Japanese leafs that wanted to use Leaf-to-home had to get a firmware update, this might be rolled into the "bars" update.

I wonder if Ingineer has seen this? I know he's been reverse engineering it, etc., but if you can get the official spec for that cheap now I'm reasonably sure he'd be interested.

JeremyW said:
Does it include the "1.0" bits which allow bi-directional capability? I.E. you can pull from the pack without the car freaking out?

I'm suspicious that the latest upgrade from Nissan includes updating the OBC (for '11s and '12s) with CHAdeMO 1.0. Yes, the OBC is the device that does the CAN communication with the CHAdeMO unit, it's in the service manual. 0.9 is the "one way" charging, while 1.0 allows bi-directional capability. Japanese leafs that wanted to use Leaf-to-home had to get a firmware update, this might be rolled into the "bars" update.

Nope. The spec only defines how to implement a charging system. No mention of reverse current flow.

"first v2g system in operation in europe" - Oliver Paturet Nissan Europe

If I can't get in touch with anyone with a Leaf and a can-bus logger I'll try to go there my self during spring.
Does anyone know if all Nissan Leafs with chademo 1.0 really is capable of doing v2g, or if there is any other firmware upgrade required?

this is the location

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFyb0JLeyqQ

694887_orig.jpg

9569210_orig.jpg

CCmf-VOUsAAIy29.jpg:large

B6v4x_wIcAIu4cx.jpg:large

B61eQt6IcAAw3rP.jpg:large

B61eQtiIUAAzETo.jpg:large

CCmf-VMVEAAthWu.jpg:large

CAh_DNJWAAAIJV0.jpg:large

Recently made some rough test to get power out of a leaf 2013 (preupgrade), and tried to feed a few 230v appliances directly with almost 400v. Gonna continue and make som more tests to see both if the car is accepting power going out and to see what devices that is capable to run directly from 400v dc.

youtu.be/LIqqrwVM56Y
youtu.be/17k4XXhnaiE

larsrocket said:
Recently made some rough test to get power out of a leaf 2013 (preupgrade), and tried to feed a few 230v appliances directly with almost 400v. Gonna continue and make som more tests to see both if the car is accepting power going out and to see what devices that is capable to run directly from 400v dc.

youtu.be/LIqqrwVM56Y
youtu.be/17k4XXhnaiE

I cannot open video. Could you please give the new link.

Back