iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluepassion said:
i need some advice, so ive downloaded the app on my iphone but it wont pick up the Konnwei OBD any suggestions where im going wrong :?:
iOS only supports Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapters. The Konwei will not work. I recommend the LELink from Amazon.

For a Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter to be detected by LeafSpy its ID must be "known".

The current "known" devices are:
OBDBLE (LELink)
Viecar
IOS-Vlink
Kiwi
IOS-HHOBD
Carista

Ones that don't work are: (don't support the necessary commands to communicate with a Leaf)
dnt OBD2
Autophix
ios Diagbox

RichSun said:
Feature request:

On the summary page, you show a live readout of the actual energy consumption as a number: #V x #A = #kW.

It would be nice to also have a live readout of the actual DTE based on the current consumption and your speed rather than from the average mi/kWh. It would allow you to determine at a glance how far you can really continue driving on the highway before you need to stop to charge.

Ideally, it would be nice to have both of these values also in the bar graph so you can quickly see everything at a glance.
You can already select a V x A = kW in the user selectable area on the Summary screen.

The current test release support using calculated efficiency to calculate DTE

masterofreality said:
Hi,

Need some help please.

I am trying to use v1.3.12 on an iphone 5S (iOS 9.0.2) with a 4.0 Bluetooth adapter but it seems leafspy only wants to search for wifi adapters. I don't see anything in the setup which sets this specifically.

Cheers..
What model Bluetooth OBDII adapter are you using? The broadcast ID must be known by LeafSpy to be used. You can also specify the ID to LeafSpy in a text file if it is not known by LeafSpy. See the list of known ID in a previous post.

Marktm said:
Turbo3 said:
Now that Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapters are available and iOS supports them they are the recommend OBDII adapter, specifically the LELink. Bluetooth 4.x LE does not need the pairing step which allows the iOS version of LeafSpy Pro to automatically connect when the app is run.

I've experienced the "4.x" requirement using the HM-10 bluetooth/arduino module for iphone app communications (rather than the HC-05). What other determinants are there for LeafSpy link up?

I'd like to try a new?? OBDII dongle;
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...em&hash=item4890bf25b7:g:-AYAAOSwqfNXmyxa
I have ordered one for testing. The adapter must support the ELM327 AT command set including setting the header response information (AT SH, AT FCSH, AT FCSD).

I have one that looks like this one from Xtool and it does not support the AT command set so can not be used with the Leaf.

EVforRobert said:
Feature request: split screen ability with Android 7.0 so Waze on one side and LeafSpy Pro on other.

Using Nexus 6p with Nougat and Konnwei Bluetooth

Thanks for a really useful app!
This is the iOS support thread and this is an Android request. However the next Android test release will added support but not tested since I have no Android 7.0 devices.

Turbo3 said:
bluepassion said:
i need some advice, so ive downloaded the app on my iphone but it wont pick up the Konnwei OBD any suggestions where im going wrong :?:
iOS only supports Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapters. The Konwei will not work. I recommend the LELink from Amazon.

For a Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter to be detected by LeafSpy its ID must be "known".

OBDBLE (LELink)
Viecar
IOS-Vlink
Kiwi
IOS-HHOBD
Carista

Ones that don't work are: (don't support the necessary commands to communicate with a Leaf)
dnt OBD2
Autophix
ios Diagbox
Thanks for your great advice
is this one right
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viecar-4-...962528?hash=item3cfb2b63a0:g:1~oAAOSwstxVbWyH

Turbo3 said:
Marktm said:
I have ordered one for testing. The adapter must support the ELM327 AT command set including setting the header response information (AT SH, AT FCSH, AT FCSD).

I have one that looks like this one from Xtool and it does not support the AT command set so can not be used with the Leaf.

Thanks - let us know your results. Asking for such (AT commands) information from the (Chinese) suppliers is usually at best very confusing! :cry:

bluepassion said:
Turbo3 said:
bluepassion said:

OBDBLE (LELink)
Viecar
IOS-Vlink
Kiwi
IOS-HHOBD
Carista

dnt OBD2
Autophix
ios Diagbox
is this one right
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viecar-4-...962528?hash=item3cfb2b63a0:g:1~oAAOSwstxVbWyH
Yes, that looks the same as the one I tested.

I was wondering if there was any way to view total miles driven? Right now that's not an option but I was wondering if there was something that I could do for the app to allow me to access that information.

olvia2 said:
I was wondering if there was any way to view total miles driven? Right now that's not an option but I was wondering if there was something that I could do for the app to allow me to access that information.
What do you mean by "total miles driven"? Driven lifetime (odometer) is on the top of the first screen. Driven per trip is selectable on screen 4.

Maybe since I've been on vacation it's been too long since I last used it, but does the car need to be fully on for Leafspy to record charging? I coulda sworn I used to be able to get a charge graph while in accessory mode (one power button press, without brake pressed). Now it seems to only log if I do second press of power button ( brake off).

donyjunk said:
Maybe since I've been on vacation it's been too long since I last used it, but does the car need to be fully on for Leafspy to record charging? I coulda sworn I used to be able to get a charge graph while in accessory mode (one power button press, without brake pressed). Now it seems to only log if I do second press of power button ( brake off).
For the older Leafs you could graph charging without the Leaf being on. For the newer ones things have changed. I think on one new one I tested you needed to have the Leaf full on first to get the graph going and then you could turn the Leaf off. You also might be able to start a graph if you start charging just after you turn your Leaf off. The key is that the VCM ECU still needs to be awake to get the data from the battery controller. The VCM is the bridge between the CAR CAN bus the OBDII Adapter is plugged into and the EV CAN bus the battery controller is on.

Turbo3 said:
For the older Leafs you could graph charging without the Leaf being on. ...You also might be able to start a graph if you start charging just after you turn your Leaf off. The key is that the VCM ECU still needs to be awake to get the data from the battery controller. The VCM is the bridge between the CAR CAN bus the OBDII Adapter is plugged into and the EV CAN bus the battery controller is on.

OK, thanks, I'll have to look into that. I have a 2013 SV and like I said coulda sworn before it worked no problem with it off, or at least started shortly after turning off (and staying off). Pretty sure most of the time doing quick charges I would sit in the car accessory mode only. Leaf wouldn't start charging w/o power off, and don't think I would have done brake press full on, since I just wanted to sit and chill and listen to the radio. At most right before finishing I would hit power again to see if the Leaf SoC indicator matched LeafSpy. Then after Aug 12? or thereabouts all my charge records had like 2 or 3 points in the CSV at the start and nothing else. Not sure if the cause was an iOS update (now on 9.3.3) or a LSP beta update handling things differently or something else. BTW I'm using a WiFi adapter, but even leaving LSP as foreground app didn't help.

Thinking somehow my install had glitched I deleted LSP and reinstalled from scratch, and even that didn't work, so it wasn't until I had tried power button a second time that charge data started transferring. Fiddling around last night, noticed with it off the little green connecting box runs 14 up to 38, cycling, but with it on it pulls some higher numbers like 162 or 164, if some of those are the ones associated with pulling charge data.

Marktm said:
Turbo3 said:
Marktm said:

Thanks - let us know your results. Asking for such (AT commands) information from the (Chinese) suppliers is usually at best very confusing! :cry:
I just received this OBDII adapter and did a quick test. This adapter does not seem to support all the needed commands. So it is not suitable for the Leaf or LeafSpy use. When I have more time I will look to see exactly which command it is rejecting.

Turbo3 said:
I just received this OBDII adapter and did a quick test. This adapter does not seem to support all the needed commands. So it is not suitable for the Leaf or LeafSpy use. When I have more time I will look to see exactly which command it is rejecting.

Appreciate your attention to so many details associated with your app! It appears that right now the LELink is the best for us iOS ops system users.

I just purchased the Kiwi 3 and installed it in my car, fired up the IOS app, and it connected immediately and started working, wow, that was too easy! :)
Thanks for putting together such a great app and for making it available on the iPhone.
(2015 Leaf & iPhone 6)

Marktm said:
Turbo3 said:

Appreciate your attention to so many details associated with your app! It appears that right now the LELink is the best for us iOS ops system users.

Just purchased the LELink and LeafSpy Pro. It hooked up immediately and the app works great. Another good testimonial to both the LELink and LeafSpy.

bluepassion said:
Turbo3 said:
bluepassion said:

OBDBLE (LELink)
Viecar
IOS-Vlink
Kiwi
IOS-HHOBD
Carista

dnt OBD2
Autophix
ios Diagbox
is this one right
This one worked straight away no problems :D

Marktm said:
Just purchased the LELink and LeafSpy Pro. It hooked up immediately and the app works great. Another good testimonial to both the LELink and LeafSpy.
Tutbo3;
After a few days, it appears LELink has lost it's "link". No update - the bottom right is yellow and states "config elm 00" - no cycling of codes and no update of data. Is there a "reset" that can be sent? I'd like NOT to disconnect and re-connect the dongle itself.

I do have an app called LightBlue that can send ascii codes (ATXXX) directly to the dongle?

Back