Enphase announces restructuring plans

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

Enphase announced last week on their blog that they will lay off 11% of their workforce, raise additional capital and eliminate some non-core projects:
Enphase Energy said:
This week, our leadership announced a plan to restructure Enphase Energy and raise additional capital so the company is best positioned for success. These actions will enable us to focus on our core competency and our core markets.

As part of the restructuring, Enphase is reducing our worldwide staff by approximately 11% and eliminating certain non-core projects. The restructuring actions are expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2016.

Laying off 11% of the workforce is significant. As painful as these decisions are, I'm glad to see they are willing to make them. There is a lot of churning in general in the alternative energy world. No thanks to the variability of subsidies, which makes it nearly impossible to plan long-term.

And being an election year in the U.S., the next 4 years are especially uncertain.

Back