Is NMAC still doing lease extensions?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they state it ended 10-3-16.But,my 2012 was discounted 10,500 off residual.Making the buy $6200.the problem is the 4 th bar just fell and I did not want to make the deal till I'm assured of a new battterie.The local dealers are no longer doing batterie changes,some bs about they have done too many and can no longer do them thru nissan???? Also, I was able to extend my lease 6 more months when I requested it.I hope the batterie comes thru and they bring back the 10,500 credit.

It's exactly that, BS! The dealer probably don't want to do them because manufacturer warranty reimbursement rates are always lower than their normal shop rate...

epic said:
The local dealers are no longer doing batterie changes,some bs about they have done too many and can no longer do them thru nissan????

The day after talking to NMAC and being told the lease buydowns were done, I got a call from a salesperson at a local dealer. I'd spoken to him about buying our car in September. He said "great news!". Anyway, without knowing how he did it, the dealer offered a $7K reduction in our residual (which was about $12.5K after a 36-mo lease).

Went over after work last night, and after a couple of hours and lots of signing, drove our car home - paid cash ~$6.7K (total including tax, registration), did not get any extended warranty - hope that will not be a problem!.

Feel like this was a great deal, and look forward to continuing to drive this fun commuter and local errand car for years to come.

Hope this is useful. Encourage others to reach out directly to dealers if looking to buy your cars at end of lease...

did not get any extended warranty - hope that will not be a problem!.

You can still get one, probably at a good price, from Jim Bone (IIRC) Nissan. If the in-service date hasn't passed the "new car" version is better, but there is also a "used car" version available. There are enough issues with the 2013 that I got one. I know there is an issue (hard to reproduce at a shop) with my A/C, but hopefully it won't affect the heat. If it doesn't, I'm covered.

asteele said:
The day after talking to NMAC and being told the lease buydowns were done, I got a call from a salesperson at a local dealer. I'd spoken to him about buying our car in September. He said "great news!". Anyway, without knowing how he did it, the dealer offered a $7K reduction in our residual (which was about $12.5K after a 36-mo lease).

Went over after work last night, and after a couple of hours and lots of signing, drove our car home - paid cash ~$6.7K (total including tax, registration), did not get any extended warranty - hope that will not be a problem!.

Feel like this was a great deal, and look forward to continuing to drive this fun commuter and local errand car for years to come.

Hope this is useful. Encourage others to reach out directly to dealers if looking to buy your cars at end of lease...

Wow, $7k off is truly a great deal, congrats! Do you mind me asking what model you have? You said 36 month lease, so was this a 2013, and was it an S, SV, or SL? Many thanks.

Bufordleaf said:
asteele said:

Wow, $7k off is truly a great deal, congrats! Do you mind me asking what model you have? You said 36 month lease, so was this a 2013, and was it an S, SV, or SL? Many thanks.

1. With $12.5K, it's most likely a S.
2. With a $7K reduction, the mileage most likely was > 50K.
3. NMAC determines the reduction, i.e. as they take "hit" and not the dealer.
Possibly that the vehicle is in an area where Leaf sales are very poor for used Leafs,
and NMAC didn't want to move it.
4. It also may have been an early '13, i.e. the reduction amount is determined by model year.

Hi,

Sorry not to see your message sooner. We leased our 2013 S with the QC option in November 2013. I don't know for sure when in 2013 it was built but we lost a first bar a little after 30,000 miles (so I think that is pretty good, and may indicate that we have one of the "better" 2013 models?). The lease buyout was done when the car had 36,500 miles. We are located in the San Gabriel Valley east of Los Angeles. Our Leaf was leased from Puente Hills Nissan, and we did the buyout at Fontana Nissan - Robert and Victor were the sales folks that helped with the buyout.

I don't know for sure when in 2013 it was built but we lost a first bar a little after 30,000 miles (so I think that is pretty good, and may indicate that we have one of the "better" 2013 models?).

Given that you live in a warm climate, you almost certainly have the better 2013 pack. Look at the sticker on the driver's side door jamb for date of manufacture. You want one built after 3/2013.

asteele said:
Hi,

Sorry not to see your message sooner. We leased our 2013 S with the QC option in November 2013. I don't know for sure when in 2013 it was built but we lost a first bar a little after 30,000 miles (so I think that is pretty good, and may indicate that we have one of the "better" 2013 models?). The lease buyout was done when the car had 36,500 miles. We are located in the San Gabriel Valley east of Los Angeles. Our Leaf was leased from Puente Hills Nissan, and we did the buyout at Fontana Nissan - Robert and Victor were the sales folks that helped with the buyout.

My Leaf SL was leased in late 11/2013 and I also did a buyout last week for about $10K, which is basically another
three year lease at the same monthly amount with a zero dollar buyout. The Leaf has 39K miles with about 53 Ahrs
at 100% SOC. The first bar will drop now when the capacity reaches about 49 Ahrs. It had 60 Ahrs at about 3K miles.
If I remember correctly, I estimated that the production date was in 9/2013.

asteele said:
Hi,

You did not give us any details of the deal they gave you. Any info you provide will help others in your same situation. How much discount off the lease buy-out amount did you get? etc.

Anyone get a large incentive for a lease buyout in December 16 yet? Curious if anyone has had success getting a great deal on a buyout. thanks!

As the OP...I thought I should drop back in.

Talked with the dealer I purchased from , and from the one closest to me, and neither would tell me anything about pricing unless I came in.

Ultimately, decided that I needed more range than the '13SV provided, but didn't want to deal with it over the holidays. So I signed a 6-momth lease extension for now, and I'll be deciding among the other options out there, including, possibly, a '17 or '18 Leaf, depending on when it gets announced / released, between now and the end of June.

Back