Get Rid of The Goofy Looking Headlights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apvbguy said:
cwerdna said:
Also, FWIW, the Leaf's Chief Vehicle Engineer referred to the headlight design as "charming". :)

would you expect him to say something different? :ugeek:
Do you think he would approve of such a design if he didn't think they were charming ?

I think it looks like a weenie car, I strongly feel that Nissan should make the concept car called the Invitation into the next gen Leaf. The only reason I leased one is price and gas savings, I really don't care about recognition of driving a eco friendly car, another thing about the car is that it has disproportionately more front overhang than rear, honestly when I'm done with the lease it's either going to be the Nissan Invitation or a used 350 or 370Z for me, unless we get a EV 370Z, hint hint Nissan! Are you reading me?

It's definitely a polarizing design, but it turns heads one way or another :) I'm mostly content with the design, glad it doesn't look like a golf cart.

lion said:
It's definitely a polarizing design, but it turns heads one way or another :) I'm mostly content with the design, glad it doesn't look like a golf cart.
When I first got my Leaf, a few of my friends thought it was a glorified golf cart. All I had to do was put the pedal to the metal when the light turned green so they would realize "This isn't your father's EV." :lol:

I can live with how the headlights *look* but the high beams are functionally pretty terrible on the non-LED cars. Happily, the low beam is great. The only positive thing I can say about my high beam is it isn't even bright enough to attract moths to dive into the car...

They aren't any better on the LED cars... Easily the worst high beams I have seen on a car in decades...

LeftieBiker said:
I can live with how the headlights *look* but the high beams are functionally pretty terrible on the non-LED cars.

Nissan, Please leave it as it is! I like my Leaf-frog!

That's how cool cars of the past looked :)
15294825-old-car-in-havana.jpg

Now popped eyes are coming back! :)

kentuckyleaf said:
We lease a Leaf, we like the headlights. If you want a different looking car, don't get a Leaf. Easy!
Was that a haiku? :lol:

Stoaty said:
When I first got my Leaf, a few of my friends thought it was a glorified golf cart. All I had to do was put the pedal to the metal when the light turned green so they would realize "This isn't your father's EV." :lol:
Yes, when doing test drives with friends I give it the full 80kW while going uphill. Getting snapped back into the seat going uphill gets rid of any "golf cart" notions.

On topic: I'm another one who likes the look of the headlights. What I don't like about them is the gigantic cost to replace a headlight should I damage one.

TomT said:
They aren't any better on the LED cars... Easily the worst high beams I have seen on a car in decades...
LeftieBiker said:
I can live with how the headlights *look* but the high beams are functionally pretty terrible on the non-LED cars.
A big plus 1. Fortunately, we rarely have the need for high beams when using the LEAF.

A Priuschatter pointed out the resemblance between the front of the Leaf and Jar Binks. :shock: :lol:

https://priuschat.com/threads/star-trek-related-specials-documentaries-discussion.100859/page-3#post-2423421

I think the headlights look great, and so does the car. It has a look of high tech, and futuristic modernity that sets it apart from other cars.

I don't know why so many people have complaints about the look of the Leaf... For me, I hate the ultra modern, jagged lines of cars like the new Prius. On that and other new cars, it really looks like they WORKED HARD at making it look futuristic, and I think they are ugly...

I've owned this car for almost 5 years now, and the look hasn't grown on me one bit. Ugliest car I've ever owned, and I've owned minivans.
2014-nissan-leaf-front.jpg

mudskipper-video-id507272083

Having the rear section of the headlights painted the same color as the vehicle helps downsize them.

LeafLight_zpsqrqiu8f2.jpg

Back