Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the other end of the scale, I'm negotiating for a SuperBlack 2016 SV with Premium in the next state over. They had an ad for $143 a month with $7551 down, but of course that's on top of the federal $7500 credit, so they actually want over $15,000 down on a lease! $0 down is looking more like $280 a month, probably with me paying my state's tax up front. I'll know tomorrow when the October incentives are released. If I don't like the deal, I'll wait for the 2017 Leaf SV, and hope the prices aren't ridiculous for more than a couple of months...

Oh, yeah: remember the $2k EV rebate New York passed last April, to much acclaim? Well, you can't get it now or anytime soon. After trying in vain to find it, I contacted NYSERDA, the state agency/entity that handles things like this, and a rather bored-seeming contact person told me over email that they've got a few specs written (like about 5 lines) and that they "don't know" if it will be retroactive or not. (!) I got kind of rude in my reply, and was informed that they have until April 2017 to write and implement it. I'm guessing they'll just ask for an extension then, and go back to playing Minesweeper.

Does anyone know if the "customer cash" is still available?

My dealer is offering $4,000 NMAC + $4,500 in dealer incentives, but I'm not interested in biting if the dealers can't knock at least a couple more thousand off with all the great vehicles coming out in the next 1-2 years.

Too bad you can't just buy the damn thing out the door for $15k or whatever and get the tax break.

I have no desire to finance.

Denver Colorado here. Tynans nissan purchase.

10/7/2016 purchase of a 2016 Pearl White SV + floor and cargo mat & splash guards

32314.54 + 549 dealer fee so

32863.54 sale price
- 6,000 dealer and NMAC 0%

$26,863
- 7500 federal
- 6000 colorado

= $13,363.54

Use my numbers and do better. There is a $1000 dollar recent college graduate discount I bet anyone could get if they were willing to do some work.

Honestly though, I now understand why there are so many Leafs left. In a day and age when I can click a button and buy a Tesla, dealing with the 1980's sleezy and shady dealership experience was almost too much. I will never go back to this place and never recommend Tynans to anyone, even if I don't like them.

But the deal is done, they were my local dealer and we look forward to enjoying what my kids have named the mushroom and taking advantage of our solar capacity to charge it for free.

P.M. me for more specifics and/or proof if you need it to beat this deal.

I'm in Michigan, so no Federal. If anyone is interested, here is the deal they offered:

Leaf S

$32,300 MSRP
-$4,308.00 Dealer Discount
----
$27,992.00 Price
$257 FEES
$1,693.56 Taxes
----
$29,942.56 DUE
$4,000 NMAC Rebate
----
$25,942.56 OTD

Still too high IMO. That's $18,442.56 after Federal rebate - and you can buy an almost-new 2015 for <$13k. It wouldn't be too bad if I lived in Colorado though and could take the extra $6k.

Usually cars take an instant 10% drop after driving off the lot, I would be taking an instant 30%+ instant depreciation hit here in Michigan.

With the Bolt out *now* and the 2017 Leaf any month now, and maybe the Model 3 next year - they're going to need to bring additional rebates to the table to move the remaining 2016 inventory I think.

Right now I'm just going to wait for the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid out next month, which should be ~40k after federal rebate, with a 30mi all electric range and the possibility of using the existing network for longer trips. We'd really prefer having at least 6 seats anyway, and the Model X is out of my price range.

I leased a Nissan Leaf SV last week for 36m. The dealer told me that Leaf requires scheduled maintenance twice a year (1-minor, 1-major) which will cost ~ $300/yr ==> total $900 for the 3 years. As an alternative he suggested that I purchase an Economy service package for $795 (before discount) which will cover the 3-year maintenance.

Could somebody comment on the frequency and need for servicing Leaf SV? Should I purchase this package or should I get serviced as and when the need arises.

My concern is that if I don't follow the scheduled maintenance, in the event of a breakdown/failure or at the time of return at end of lease, Nissan might penalize me with a hefty sum.

Please advice.

The dealer is essentially lying. Don't get a "service package" of any sort. You'll need tire rotation every year, a new cabin air filter if you want one, and then a brake flush at either the two or three year mark. That's about it. Oh, and an annual battery test that should be free for the first two years.

rmay635703 said:
Too bad you can't just buy the damn thing out the door for $15k or whatever and get the tax break.

Its against the law in most states to penalize early payoffs. Finance it then pay it off the first month

ParadiseMI said:
I'm in Michigan, so no Federal. If anyone is interested, here is the deal they offered:

Leaf S

$32,300 MSRP
-$4,308.00 Dealer Discount
----
$27,992.00 Price
$257 FEES
$1,693.56 Taxes
----
$29,942.56 DUE
$4,000 NMAC Rebate
----
$25,942.56 OTD

Still too high IMO. That's $18,442.56 after Federal rebate - and you can buy an almost-new 2015 for <$13k. It wouldn't be too bad if I lived in Colorado though and could take the extra $6k.

Usually cars take an instant 10% drop after driving off the lot, I would be taking an instant 30%+ instant depreciation hit here in Michigan.

With the Bolt out *now* and the 2017 Leaf any month now, and maybe the Model 3 next year - they're going to need to bring additional rebates to the table to move the remaining 2016 inventory I think.

Right now I'm just going to wait for the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid out next month, which should be ~40k after federal rebate, with a 30mi all electric range and the possibility of using the existing network for longer trips. We'd really prefer having at least 6 seats anyway, and the Model X is out of my price range.

not a bad price for 30 kwh S trim... or is it? either it is or you need to reexamine that MSRP...

DaveinOlyWA said:
rmay635703 said:

Its against the law in most states to penalize early payoffs. Finance it then pay it off the first month

Or if you don't like the financing, you can always finance with Nissan and then refinance it shortly after. I refinanced my Nissan loan 3 months after having it to get it off of the Nissan loan and get a better rate.

It appears all 2016 S leafs are listed with a 120+ city range on cars and auto trader but most don't have the 30kw vin.

Quite irritating since you can't sort one from the other

rmay635703 said:
It appears all 2016 S leafs are listed with a 120+ city range on cars and auto trader but most don't have the 30kw vin.

Quite irritating since you can't sort one from the other

MSRP should make it pretty easy to discern.

doesnotlikedonkeys said:
Denver Colorado here. Tynans nissan purchase.

10/7/2016 purchase of a 2016 Pearl White SV + floor and cargo mat & splash guards

32314.54 + 549 dealer fee so

32863.54 sale price
- 6,000 dealer and NMAC 0%

$26,863
- 7500 federal
- 6000 colorado

= $13,363.54

I didn't see you account for taxes in CO which should be around 1500?

But I recently bought 2016 SV in So Cal for 29,100 OTD with premium package (1500), splash, emergency kit and first aid kit.

35117 - 9000 dealer and nmac = 26100 +3000 taxes and fees = 29,000

Rebate:
29000 - 7500(fed) - 2500(ca) = 19000 cost

Assuming this deal was in CO:

19,000 - 3500 (extra in rebate) - 1500 in less tax adjustment = 14K equivalent deal in CA but has Premium package.

You can get the same deal in So. Cal. as in CO.; I emailed several dealers, and most was willing to work with this price. I think I should have ask for an additional $500 but its done.

Working with a dealer in Orlando on a lease for a 2016 SV, they are at $277 before sales tax, $1000 down - 36 mo, 12,000 miles per year. I assume it is a 30KWH car (they said it is), but I have asked for the window sticker and still have not received it, so I am not sure. Residual is $11,020. Not sure what a purchase deal would look like, I think I want to lease the first one and see what is out there in 2019.

Thoughts?

oleviking said:
Working with a dealer in Orlando on a lease for a 2016 SV, they are at $277 before sales tax, $1000 down - 36 mo, 12,000 miles per year. I assume it is a 30KWH car (they said it is), but I have asked for the window sticker and still have not received it, so I am not sure. Residual is $11,020. Not sure what a purchase deal would look like, I think I want to lease the first one and see what is out there in 2019.

Thoughts?

All 2016 SV and SL Leafs are 30kwh. That isn't a bad lease deal for a car with Premium Package (Bose stereo, excellent 4 camera Around View monitor) but it's steep for one without it.

I am going to propose a $1,000 down, $10,000 residual value and a $225 payment before sales tax. We shall see what they do as the end of the month/year gets closer and the car is still on the lot.

I have got quotes for 36m lease of 2016 Nissan Leaf SV from multiple dealers in Northern California. Here is the breakdown I get:

1. Down-Payment
2. Sales tax on discount from Sticker price
3. DMV/Misc fee
4. Monthly lease + sales-tax
5. Residual value

I am not sure if #2 is applicable, can somebody clarify that this is legit. For e.g. let's say the sticker price is $35k and the total discount offered by the dealer/Nissan is $15k (so that the price at leasing is $20k), the residual value is agreed to be $10k, so my Down-payment+Monthly lease should = $35k - $15k (discount) - $10k (Residual) = $10k. Now I can either pay this as one of the following:

DMV/Misc fee + $2,500 down + ($208/mo lease + Tax) x36
DMV/Misc fee + $1,000 down + ($250/mo lease + Tax) x36
DMV/Misc fee + $0 down + ($278/mo lease + Tax) x36

The dealer might give me more discount for higher down-payment.

Now, do I need to pay sales tax on the $15k discount that the dealer is offering. All the dealers are adding another $1,500 on top of the down-payment as the requires sales-tax for the discount portion. Is this legit?

Is there a way I can avoid this charge?

Back