The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marckubu: I've read the warranty starts the day the car is sold to the first owner. I used Carfax to get my vehicle's history before I bought it, so that's what I'm working off. Surely your Nissan dealer would be able to give you that information, too.

And I got my Leaf in early October, a 2015 SV with 3500 miles for $11,200 plus tax. I've been very pleased with it so far.

For new owners of used Leafs: I learned that SiriusXM extends free 2-month trials to new owners of cars with their radios. So I'm playing around with that for a bit. I don't expect to renew, but it's fun to check out.

I've read the warranty starts the day the car is sold to the first owner.

That's pretty much it. The day the first owner "takes delivery" of the car is called the "in-service date" and that is used as the start of the factory warranty.

If you decide to get a Sirius/XM subscription, do not give them your credit card number. Pay by check and pay the $2 service fee. They are not a super-ethical company.

I bought mine just last month from Boulder Nissan in Boulder, CO. It's a 2013 SV, manufactured in 8/2013 and originally sold from the same Boulder Nissan in 10/2013. I bought it CPO with 28,500 miles on it. It appears to be in excellent condition, and the battery is holding up very well, based on the LeafSpy data.

AHr = 60.07
SOH = 91%
GIDS = 261 at indicated 100% on the dash, 97.2% SOC from LeafSpy

DaveinOlyWA said:
ok got mine!

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/11/in-with-new-introducing-era-of-eco-b.html

Me 2 :evil: Scary purchase on Halloween

Under wraps, right off the barge from Annacis Island (Port of Van) build date 09 /16
Otd purchase $21,540 Cdn
Includes rebate, tax (lots of that), trade , loyalty, ext war, paint touch up stick etc
Nice to get $16,000 trade on Lithy 1 (june 13 build 19.1 KW H) getting close to 1bl
Spare altima fits, visors fit, LSpy works, kept '13 12awg l1 evse
See 2016 battery data report thread data
Info screen sucks, too many small icons/menus , better use voice recognition for commands like "Zero emission/ energy usage etc.

Picked up my 2014 Leaf S three weeks ago, and love it! It was a Georgia lease with 21k miles on it, and wound up on a Ford dealer's lot here in Northern Utah. It has the QC package, which is the only option I really wanted.
I have about 22.5k on it now, and it still has all twelve bars. A wonderfully quiet, smooth ride: my last car was a Smart ED, so quite a difference.

craig said:
Picked up my 2014 Leaf S three weeks ago, and love it! It was a Georgia lease with 21k miles on it, and wound up on a Ford dealer's lot here in Northern Utah. It has the QC package, which is the only option I really wanted.
I have about 22.5k on it now, and it still has all twelve bars. A wonderfully quiet, smooth ride: my last car was a Smart ED, so quite a difference.

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing what you paid for it?

We are on Day 6 with our new-to-us Leaf! Husband mentioned we might be able to save a bunch of money on gas, and I went a little crazy looking at what was for sale around us. I also spent a lot of time reading around this forum and learning a lot of things about the car and various models/years/options/etc, so thank you all for the collective knowledge. I went shopping on a whim when I had Veteran's Day off, and ended up buying a car!

Our car: 2013 SV with Quick Charge (04/13 build), 24k miles, 12 capacity bars (not sure yet if I'll splurge for LeafSpy), and overall in really great shape. Still all shiny with the new car smell! So far I just love it, and I am having FUN driving it! I'm in the process of getting permission to charge at work, which will add a little extra to the financial benefit too. I'm hoping it holds up alright in the Florida climate.

For those still shopping or thinking of selling soon, we paid $7650 + $640 dealer fee so $8290.

jaja06 said:
We are on Day 6 with our new-to-us Leaf! Husband mentioned we might be able to save a bunch of money on gas, and I went a little crazy looking at what was for sale around us. I also spent a lot of time reading around this forum and learning a lot of things about the car and various models/years/options/etc, so thank you all for the collective knowledge. I went shopping on a whim when I had Veteran's Day off, and ended up buying a car!

Our car: 2013 SV with Quick Charge (04/13 build), 24k miles, 12 capacity bars (not sure yet if I'll splurge for LeafSpy), and overall in really great shape. Still all shiny with the new car smell! So far I just love it, and I am having FUN driving it! I'm in the process of getting permission to charge at work, which will add a little extra to the financial benefit too. I'm hoping it holds up alright in the Florida climate.

For those still shopping or thinking of selling soon, we paid $7650 + $640 dealer fee so $8290.

Nice, and congratulations! I myself am an owner of a 2012 Volt that I purchased two months ago. I had to have some brake/rotor work done, and now I'm happy (mostly) with the car. I am obsessed over looking at a Leaf, and am trying to convince the wife that a third car (the Leaf I want) would be a good purchase. I might be up for a trade on a new model if the 7500 rebate is still in play.

I already have a Level 2 charging station for the Volt, and I love not having to stop for gas. I believe that I can make most of my driving work with the Leaf. My only worries are winter driving. I live near Charlotte, NC and have a 35 mile round trip commute to work. We plan on trading in one of our cars soon for the Model 3 Tesla or Chevy Bolt.

Again, congratulations...hopefully I'll be posting soon about my own purchase!

We got it. 2016 Red SV. Brand new. Equivalent US funds of 22186 dollars.

Angela and I wanted to thank our American neighbours for responding to so many of our questions over the last year. The car should be a good fit for us as really we only need about 120 KM of range max. Typically our cars last us about 10 years. Hopefully this one will too This almost makes us an electric only family as our other car is a 2015 Smart ED.

I am going to post this in a separate thread as well as we still have a few questions and don't want to stray from the theme of this thread.

Here is a picture. Not sure if this is the exact car but it is the same colour.

b7766491_1.jpg

arnis said:
24kWh or 30kWh model? Weird that rear windows are not tinted. That is standard equipment for SV/SL in Europe.

My reply post seems to have dissapeared so I'll type it again.

It is a 30 KW 2016 Leaf. I don't know much about tinting but we are in British Columbia Canada. Curious as to why you thought we were in europe.

Cheers.

Wannabeleafowner said:
arnis said:
24kWh or 30kWh model? Weird that rear windows are not tinted. That is standard equipment for SV/SL in Europe.

It is a 30 KW 2016 Leaf. I don't know much about tinting but we are in British Columbia Canada. Curious as to why you thought we were in europe.

Cheers.

probably cause you declined to list your location

DaveinOlyWA said:
Wannabeleafowner said:
arnis said:

Cheers.

I figured it out. Now shows up on the signature thingy. Rookies right. :)

Wannabeleafowner said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Wannabeleafowner said:

Cheers.

not your fault. forum should have required it. if you feel its a security compromise, you can generalize. I used to list my location as "The Southernmost Apex of Puget Sound" but realized that wasn't obscuring anything.... then I thought "hmmm, maybe I should have picked a different username?" ;)

DaveinOlyWA said:
Wannabeleafowner said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

not your fault. forum should have required it. if you feel its a security compromise, you can generalize. I used to list my location as "The Southernmost Apex of Puget Sound" but realized that wasn't obscuring anything.... then I thought "hmmm, maybe I should have picked a different username?" ;)

Wish I could change my username. Kinda doesn't apply now. hmmmmm

Wannabeleafowner said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Wannabeleafowner said:

Wish I could change my username. Kinda doesn't apply now. hmmmmm

sure it does! It only means you don't regret getting one is all!

Back