Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction March 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the current wholesale values for 2011 and 2012 LEAF SL.

2011_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_10-27-16.png

2012_LEAF_SL_Wholesale_10-27-16.png

OrientExpress;
Thanks - I send a question thru ebay and the unit had sold. They were asking $8250 for a 2012 Leaf with 9 bars and ~32,000 miles. I don't know the in-service date, but I'd only consider it if it was obvious it would get a warrantied replacement (doubtful unless a really late sale!).

Given the small difference in price between 11/12 and also a previous June report looks like the prices have bottomed out, more or less?

Valdemar said:
Given the small difference in price between 11/12 and also a previous June report looks like the prices have bottomed out, more or less?

Yes, I tend to agree, and if that is the case, then 2012's are the better value.

Less than $5,000 for my 2011 SL-eTec manufactured 10Feb2011 in Japan that got a new hot chemistry pack under capacity warranty on 4Aug2016 :?:

Arghh :!:

The pack is worth more than the whole LEAF :!:

TimLee said:
The pack is worth more than the whole LEAF :!:

Someone was trying to find a buyer for his 6 months old pack after the car was declared total loss (moderate accident with no battery damage), I think he was asking $2 or $3k at the time but the buyer would need to dismantle the pack locally, not sure how it all ended but people weren't exactly lining up.

Hi,
How much is a 2011 Leaf SL with a brand new Lizard battery replacement worth on the resale market? (Say, 55k miles on the odometer)
Do the used car estimate tools take into account a completely new battery?

Thanks.

OrientExpress said:
Valdemar said:

Yes, I tend to agree, and if that is the case, then 2012's are the better value.

Valdemar said:
OrientExpress said:
A replacement battery on any year Nissan LEAF does not affect the wholesale pricing at auction.

Do replacements show up as such on Carfax or the like?

A replacement traction battery may show up on Carfax, but there is no guarantee that all service or warranty work is listed on the report.

Marktm said:
Simple as get the VIN, go to a Nissan dealer and get the full report??
Yes.
If you have a good relationship with the service department and they value your future business.
Almost all will show you the info on the screen in the Nissan maintenance records.

Some may print it for you.

Appears so - I would be inclined to offer the lowest end of the spectrum for an 8 bar car - although that might be a realistic battery condition for a 50k mile 2011? I've seen several that show 11/12 bars, which does not seem real. I do have LeafSpy to check. Basically want it to test my solar system off grid usage as the main battery storage. With a new battery in my 2012, I'm reluctant to do any mods to it!

Thanks

It's interesting that traction battery health does not seem to factor into the Wholesale values at auction, and for the casual buyer may not be an issue either. Mileage and how clean the car is are still the determining factors at auction.

OrientExpress said:
It's interesting that traction battery health does not seem to factor into the Wholesale values at auction, and for the casual buyer may not be an issue either. Mileage and how clean the car is are still the determining factors at auction.

People aren't smart enough yet, as they get more savvy it will start to mean something

At $4k, I would buy one to experiment with if I had time for another project.

8 bars at 50k miles is reasonable in a 2011 in a mild climate. I am willing to bet that 11- or 12-bar cars either have new batteries or the LBCs (lithium battery controllers) have been reset.

Back